2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Sea Crystals that my girl surprised me with came in. Solid condition all things considered with the age and the nature of the suede getting dirty so easily

Last edited:
Been Staring at these on my Watch list for a few days now!

I wanna pull the trigger but....

My lady actually bought me a DS pair off PYS last year. Have yet to Unds them (haven't found a shirt to throw on with them I like shirt and shoes to compliment one another) but they are definitely nicer in person than pics give off. Quality is great And they are so comfortable. It's my only gold box at the moment but getting them has me on lookout for more older releases.

any NYC guys in here know of consignment stores besides IMAGE and FCNY? Just wondering if there are other spots I should be checking for older releases that are hard to find now.
http://www.thatrarepair.com

Prices are a bit overkill but if you REALLY need a shoe and you were checking FCNY anyways, you'll be good. They're down on Mulberry.

Last edited:

they are overkill but thanks for the heads up. just another spot to check in on every once in a while.
It's a cool little shop. IIRC it is where Kickclusive used to be before moving to their NJ location.

Last edited:

Footage/CoolShoeShine knows they can get away with charging high prices so they do. That shop will sit on those for years until some sap can't find them and buys them for that price.
It just seems outrageous for a non-premium material shoe, and one that wasn't an instant sell out or hard to find. For that price might as well just save up and buy real black/red 1s. 

It just seems outrageous for a non-premium material shoe, and one that wasn't an instant sell out or hard to find. For that price might as well just save up and buy real black/red 1s. 
I don't disagree. I saw those like $50 just a month or two back. Point being, though, that shoes like that can become more valuable if you sit on them long enough. People tend to wear their SB's, especially if they're cheap. That means in a few years, it'll be harder and harder to come by DS pairs of those. Then someone will buy the shoe from them. It's just simple economics. Birch Highs hit deep discount (roughly $60) but now they usually go for $150 DS because you can't get them anymore at retail.

Exactly a store with the ability to sit on pairs eventually has the ability to set the price.

Flight club does it all the time
I can see that, if in a few years later they are no where to be found and someone really has to have them. But right now you can find tons of listings for $70-$100. The price doesn't make sense in today's market. 

I don't disagree. I saw those like $50 just a month or two back. Point being, though, that shoes like that can become more valuable if you sit on them long enough. People tend to wear their SB's, especially if they're cheap. That means in a few years, it'll be harder and harder to come by DS pairs of those. Then someone will buy the shoe from them. It's just simple economics. Birch Highs hit deep discount (roughly $60) but now they usually go for $150 DS because you can't get them anymore at retail.
Agreed in that anything can become valuable with rarity. I also realize that they they can always lower the price and this may be more of a "lets see if we catch ourselves a sucker" price. 

Honestly I don't see how these consignment/reseller shops stay in business unless they are moving a decent amount of stock, and to do that you have to have good prices. (unless your a big name FC, RIF. Project Blitz)

Agreed in that anything can become valuable with rarity. I also realize that they they can always lower the price and this may be more of a "lets see if we catch ourselves a sucker" price. 

Honestly I don't see how these consignment/reseller shops stay in business unless they are moving a decent amount of stock, and to do that you have to have good prices. (unless your a big name FC, RIF. Project Blitz)
I know a guy who is a pretty big reseller and he sells stuff on Amazon for ABSOLUTELY ABSURD prices. Like Gamma 11's for $500 and stuff. 

Proof: A sucker is born every day.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom