2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Damn man thats b.s. For a $200 shoe. Those look worse than my superbowl trainer 1s. Maybe I should flip mine before un DSing them. Just outta curiosity did you skate in them or run in them or anything like that when you wore them? Im usually pretty careful when i wear the trainers of a similar material and they still look pretty good after 3 wears.

Catch doubley deuce here.

Can't blame CNCPTS for bad materials, and can't blame Nike for the marked up price.

Damn man thats b.s. For a $200 shoe. Those look worse than my superbowl trainer 1s. Maybe I should flip mine before un DSing them. Just outta curiosity did you skate in them or run in them or anything like that when you wore them? Im usually pretty careful when i wear the trainers of a similar material and they still look pretty good after 3 wears.

Naw I didn't run or skate in them or anything heavy. Went to dinner a couple of times. Caught a soccer match in them one day. Just normal wears for a few hours each time.

[/IMG]

I told you all a while back that my Holy Grails were creasing badly as well as flaking. I've worn them about 6 times... just a heads up
DAMNNNNNNNNNNNNN.....I have worn mine to festivals, concerts, clubbing (dancing) and mine isn't creased up like that.

I still need to buy the grails.... just feel like there are better things to spend my money on

But I still want them

Catch doubley deuce here.

Can't blame CNCPTS for bad materials, and can't blame Nike for the marked up price.

Maybe we can't blame concepts for the $hitty materials but can't we blame them for charging $200 for $hitty materials? i figured that that pattern in the iridescent material would make it stronger or benefit the shoes somehow, but those look awful. Glad to hear it's at least an isolated incident from what other people are saying although it still sucks for anyone who's pairs are creasing like that.

Last edited:
Maybe we can't blame concepts for the $hitty materials but can't we blame them for charging $200 for $hitty materials? i figured that that pattern in the iridescent material would make it stronger or benefit the shoes somehow, but those look awful. Glad to hear it's at least an isolated incident from what other people are saying although it still sucks for anyone who's pairs are creasing like that.
Then who should we blame for spending $200 on said materials?

Maybe we can't blame concepts for the $hitty materials but can't we blame them for charging $200 for $hitty materials?
honestly, I still don't think you can blame the shop since a) they can charge as much as they want, it's up to you as a consumer to decide if they're worth that price
And b) at the end of the day they're trying to make as much profit as possible since they're in the business of making money
I personally wouldn't even pay half of what they retailed, since I'm not a fan of the shoes at all

That's what we do in this thread, bash people because they don't know everything.

Hell, even @sharkin was amicable about correcting me about the early days of SB when I was curious.

Then who should we blame for spending $200 on said materials?

As good as my trainers 1s still look i figured they would only have improved the iridescent material in the time since that release and made it more stable , and if that was the case i have no problem paying the $200 because I prefer the dunks and like I said, i assumed the material would hold up better (we all know what happens when you assume), But to charge more for a shoe that will deteriorate quicker is bs. Had they shown that picture before release and said "the shoes will look like this after a few wears" i would have passed and just doubled up on the trainer 1s. But hindsight is 20/20, all i can do is hope my pair holds up better than @treballar pair.

Last edited:
80% of the Grails sold were bought with no intention of being worn more than once for an Instagram picture

Let's be honest, no one bought them because it was a wearable color way

Back
Top Bottom