2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

My 420s touched down at the house. I'm looking forward to how they look in hand / in person.

Those 420 dunks look ok but i dont like how patent leather creases...plus the newer SBs arent comfy as it is...im sure they'll hit outlets later this fall

Last edited:
Does anyone know if they shift color in light? One or two pics on snkrs makes the shoe kind of look like it has that iridescent.

Just got home from seeing FF8 (balls to the wall action as usual, millions of cars exploding, but a solid movie nonetheless) and opened up my 420 lows that arrived. I really like them. They do have a very subtle green hue, but it's most noticeable in bright light. Under the bright lights in my bathroom, it's more noticeable, whereas just in the normal lighting in the rest of the house, or darker, they look pretty black. They're not iridescent, but the light hitting them definitely effects the way they look whether it's black or having a slight green hue. The galaxy design is different on each shoe. I'm not disappointed at all. Oh, and it dawned on me, the Nike SB on the insole is a gradient from red to yellow to green. The Rasta colors.

Last edited:
I hate to say it, but I love my Waffles. Maybes its because I love Waffle House... who knows.

I thought it was a fun design, nothing more and nothing ground breaking. I dont understand all the hate.

They'd have been marginally better with a bluish purple hue, but I guess that would've been biting the Foams too hard.
That's the thing, I think that's exactly what they should've done. BITE THE GALAXY FOAM IDEA AND RUN WITH IT! Do it right and it will sell.

These correctly executed on a dunk low would sell! Easily. I really think SB just missed the mark. They could've easily done a artist collab dunk and it would have been fire for 4/20.

Redman would have been perfect to collab with for 4/20. You could just say that you're celebrating him as a artist. Do a dunk that celebrates an album cover. You could do the same thing every 4/20. Collab with an artist that is a known marijuana smoker to keep the theme subtle but dope. The list goes on and on with artist that you could collab with.

Last edited:
#NoRepeats
[emoji]128293[/emoji]d up

Please someone tell me how to restore these.

^ Nike SB, give this man a job for creative director pls.

Soopaman Luva dunks...wow. The potential.
I would gladly take the job if they EVER offered, lol. I have so many ideas that I think would make SB a force to be reckoned with. It just seems like with everything that they have at their disposal, with all the tools, money, relationships and artistic freedom that they have, that they're just plain ******* lazy. They do things that don't make sense and then wonder why things don't work out. That idea about Redman and 4/20 artist collabs took me all of 1 second to come up with. Hell, they've done a Bruce Springsteen dunk that's sought after and has fairly high resale value for a blue box release. Bruce is one of the biggest pot heads there is. He literally sung a song to Obama a slipped in a line about smoking weed. WHY HASN'T HE HAD A 4/20 DUNK?!! WHY?! Did it sell too well the first time?! They've got to start using all that they have in a much better way.

Last edited:
Haha I was thinking what are we trying to restore in that pic, the bricks? Repped, any red or black!

Last edited:
hey y'all, been a while, busy weeks over here, happy easter to everyone.

these rolled in the other day:

went straight up into my top 3 of all dunks i own, so happy to have them.
leather quality is so good, the design is perfectly balanced for my taste between flashy and solid and the flowery details on the heel are just beautiful. comfort is really great and the overall shape is perfect as well, clunky/bulky/chunky in the best kind of ways.

getting these and the SOMPS as my two most recent major pickups also got me thinking about my collection in a different way a bit: quality will always be the main concern but in addition to that i realized that it really only does make sense to me to own pairs that i will wear more than a few times year (exception as of now being the YOTHs).
talking about streamlining the whole thing.
if a pair is lacking of quality a bit but i wear it often because of the colorway, its ok.
if a pair has great quality but wouldnt get much wear because of the colorway or any other reason, its better to let it go.

so i already sold a few pairs that i wouldnt wear enough: 
seahawks (color too difficult for me to integrate into fits), birchs (half a size too small, wearable but not really comfortable because of that), these grey/red/blue Highs from a few months back (too close in color to the grey/silver boxes)

since i got them all for relatively little money on the bay, i was even able to make a small profit.

concerning the 4/20s: i am big time into space stuff, even own a telescope and have prints of galaxies on some of the walls of my apartment, but the patent leather wouldnt do it for me so its an easy pass. 

still looking forward to the wheats.. (that sole-swapped pair looked so good and smooth btw, incredible.. would love it if they would release a pair in that exact colorway)

also got a pair of these new non-sb dunks (not the retros) on the way from NDC, since i was interested in having a pair in that specific color, we will see how that will turn out, they will be here in a few days.

so that is the update from Berlin, keep it going guys, cheers!

Back
Top Bottom