2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

High res image:

DkFxYozU0AAITBd.jpg:large

One upper smh

Jk

You sound like a broken record.

Other than the 30 or so people who post in here, very few people want or care about dunks anymore. Maybe that will change, and maybe that's why Nike is cooling on dunks for the time being, in hopes that they can do something with it later instead of keeping it on life support like the AF1.
Skaters pretty much don't **** with cupsoles at all anymore with the advances in vulc technology and drop in insoles. The ones that do are getting by just fine with the few dunk releases. The sneaker head collector market hasn't shown enough dunk interest for Nike to jump, or else they would have. Though Nike has a bad history of leaving money on the table, they're also losing market share by the quarter. They know what is in demand, and clearly dunks aren't there. Even the ****ing reese forbes denim highs went on clearance..
You sound like a person that doesn’t know what they’re talking about.

If people aren’t interested in dunks anymore, why have Tiffs, Pigeons, Pink Boxes, Thomas Campbells and CNCPTS Sweaters sold out? Hell, even the White Widows moved. And when those things released, there was A WHOLE LOT MORE than 30 folks in here looking for them. It’s not that people don’t care for dunks, it’s that SB isn’t putting effort into marketing SBs or putting out the right color ways consistently to have people clamoring to buy. You can’t tell me that Nike doesn’t think that it can sell dunks to SB heads, but in the same head space think they can sell horrible AF2s to SB heads. That makes no sense. You wanna talk about dunks going on clearance, AF2s have been going on super clearance since they’ve added them to the line, but they keep pumping them out. And again, that shows that they have no feel for the customer. I don’t truly believe they know what’s in demand, because if they did, logically, they would’ve released what people wanted the most. The problem with Nike, in my opinion, is they’ve become so focused with driving damn near everything and giving EVERY resource to Jordan Brand they’ve lost touch with other customers in other areas of the Nike brand.

Something that helps those shoes sell out is that there are far fewer of them to go around. They aren't hitting the likes of finishline, eastbay and affiliates. Just a few boutiques, skateshops, and nike.com. @sharkin is right. Dunks are dead, I dunno why some of you dudes don't realize that. Again, I ****ing like that dunks are dead. Easier for folks like us in this thread. Celebrities don't wear them, people don't want them, and like you said, Nike doesn't market them. Tiffs came out four years ago and can still be had for $150-$175 deadstock. All of those others were easily had at retail on release except black pigeon and thomas campbell, in my experience. All these other TRD releases have been marked down to at least 40% off. People don't care about new releases when you can get clean pairs of 10+ year old releases for the same price and/or cheaper. I just copped worn west coast lunars for $75, this is the third pair I've had. I'd happily buy three more for $75 before I buy these new, uncomfortable, ugly, new tooled, flat tongued SB dunks.

Something that helps those shoes sell out is that there are far fewer of them to go around. They aren't hitting the likes of finishline, eastbay and affiliates. Just a few boutiques, skateshops, and nike.com. @sharkin is right. Dunks are dead, I dunno why some of you dudes don't realize that. Again, I ****ing like that dunks are dead. Easier for folks like us in this thread. Celebrities don't wear them, people don't want them, and like you said, Nike doesn't market them. Tiffs came out four years ago and can still be had for $150-$175 deadstock. All of those others were easily had at retail on release except black pigeon and thomas campbell, in my experience. All these other TRD releases have been marked down to at least 40% off. People don't care about new releases when you can get clean pairs of 10+ year old releases for the same price and/or cheaper. I just copped worn west coast lunars for $75, this is the third pair I've had. I'd happily buy three more for $75 before I buy these new, uncomfortable, ugly, new tooled, flat tongued SB dunks.

LMAO! SB has never been on Finishline, Eastbay ect. All the places you named after that, have BEEN where Dunk SBs have been sold for years. No one cares about hype, and no one want celebrities wearing SBs. SB is dead because of its team not understanding how to manage it, not because people WON’T buy it. Your example of Tiffs Highs going for $150-$175 is a great example of what I’m saying. The box price for Tiff Highs was $108. So you’re telling me, that in a dead period where no one is really f*****g with SB, you can put out a crappy high conversion retro with bad materials and still have people paying over box price on the after market?! That’s a win for SB and it shows that if you release the right stuff that’s dope, it will sell! Your experience copping SB, clearly was different from others and what I saw because Tiffs, Pink Boxes and Sweaters and Widows moved! Tiffs has this thread destroyed up to and after the release. I don’t get where you guys are coming from. If SB marketed better and did chose releases better, things would be different.

Last edited:
Hmm I wonder what premier is cookin’. I hope they give us a decent collab because those fish ladders were a real flop. Also curious to see what the new diamond collab is about, time will tell

John00 John00 Yes, because they're the poor man's alternative to $600+ for deadstock tiffany lows. I paid $325 for clean tiffany lows, and again I'm much happier with that than $150 for the **** they turned them into in 2014. I've been buying SB clothing, though - I have three pairs of the everett shorts and they're perfect. But their dunks are awful and nobody wants them for a multitude of reasons - ugly, poor materials, uncomfortable, the list goes on. Plus we have these elite, flyknit, and skinny tongue abominations.

If you're spending retail on nike sb in 2018, you're the one losing.

Sbs are dead to the shoe collectors and fans from back in the day but in relevance to skaters Nike SB is bigger then ever

I’m a collector and I am,and probably always Will be interested in What sb does next, but they are making it hard. I’m trying to think of the last pair I even bought on release day. A lot of the releases dudes on here liked (Forbes highs,biggies,white widows etc) just weren’t for me. The last pair I even attempted to get was the black pigeons. It’s really kinda sad.

I don’t skate, but I’m sure you are right. I guess that is what they are banking on now. Meanwhile dudes like most of us on here are left in the dust.

Chill fellas. Opinions entitled no doubt and proof is in the numbers but waves are waves. Nike SB, dunks and everything of the sort just isn’t the wave right now. I will always be down for Nike SB but with the weak releases over the last few years (a decade to be exact) I just won’t cope anything.

Buy what you like and let others live.

Chill fellas. Opinions entitled no doubt and proof is in the numbers but waves are waves. Nike SB, dunks and everything of the sort just isn’t the wave right now. I will always be down for Nike SB but with the weak releases over the last few years (a decade to be exact) I just won’t cope anything.

Buy what you like and let others live.

You're saying the end of Gold Box, all of Blue Box, and all of Tape Box were "weak releases"?

:nerd:

I remember when Koston got on, and all the bloggers were on his shoe collection in interviews. He said, he'd been wanting an AM95 with a skateable sole and he's been working on it. This is when they interviewed him when his pro model first came out.......still waiting.

Need a skate shoe with that runner toe where the sole curves up into the midsole on the toe like these old Lakai's here ( perfect for flicking) koston.PNG

Back
Top Bottom