2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

54DD251A-A181-4EF7-91C0-106203224523.jpeg
2EECB12B-DCCB-4A5C-926E-0CA356CE79B4.jpeg

I hope they actually didn't spell it as 'loose' on the kicks...surely someone at Nike would've caught that, right? RIGHT?!

edit: all good guys

I like those premier dunks a lot, will cop. Picked up 2 off the eBay coupon yesterday, will post pics when they come in. Didn’t those breds leak last year with and were supposed to release last year as well? I remember someone posted the info.

I like those premier dunks a lot, will cop. Picked up 2 off the eBay coupon yesterday, will post pics when they come in. Didn’t those breds leak last year with and were supposed to release last year as well? I remember someone posted the info.

Someone posted a catalog pic of them in early March...no idea why NDC has the pics up this early, they're not supposed to drop until October.

I'm actually curious/interested in these Premier SBs. As someone who can't skate (the whole wheelchair thing), I've always loved Dunk SBs for all the "un-normal" things that they've done with the shoes that they'd NEVER do with Jordans (outside of the random, once every 4-5 years type creations). From basing a shoe off of a lobster, having wild color combos and materials, and other things like scratch off panels, dope insoles, having actual art/pictures on uppers and outsoles, etc., the creativity and overall uniqueness that Dunk SBs have always had is unrivaled IMO. I'm with John00 John00 in that I feel that NSB is dropping the ball in the way they've been marketing them, and in the creations they're releasing. It seems like we've been getting one or two dope/creative releases a year, surrounded by a BUNCH of "ugh" releases. Hell, if NSB just retroed classic SBs in their same cuts (though I'd still be into a bunch if they did change their heights), and marketed them as such (and actually marketed them as bringing back classics and/or highly coveted), those pairs would fly. The Black Pigeons, while I personally think they're dope, mainly flew off the strength of "people rioted over the originals." Sure, those of us that follow SBs or sneaker culture knew things like Staple and all related things to the shoe, but I'm talking about the majority of people. Jordan is one of the most popular athletes in history, so it makes sense that Nike would put most of their effort into Js. But I feel that if NSB pushed the creativity and uniqueness that SBs offer (and actually made pairs displaying this), and pushed classics/retros, I think they could get out of this rut. What is and isn't fashionable or "in," is a created thing anyways, so with Nike having such a large influence, they could make SBs relevant if they truly wanted to.

I know it's cool to hate on SB lately, but I'm intrigued by the concept on the premier's, and love the XI dunks. Unfortunately, they will likely use garbage materials that will be incredibly uncomfortable and be better to look at than to wear.

The Dunks are much better executed and more aesthetically pleasing IMO...but I can see the similarity.
I was more joking than serious. The dunks do actually look pretty good, but like I said earlier they will be crease monsters for sure. I’m honestly not a huge fan of the J XI which is blasphemous to a lot of people.

Back
Top Bottom