2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

IMG_0133-1.jpg
IMG_0132.jpg
I had 2 pair i ran to the ground....absolutely destroyed. I wasnt a new pair soooo bad!

when do shadows release? i saw some stores got them today but im hoping they release at other spots since i missed out today

I miss actual concept pairs like this.
It's hard to tell though. We didn't have the SNKRS app in the equation back then. I'm assuming most of their allocation is going into that now. Which means the barrier of entry into sb dunks is next to nothing.

The average Joe can jump in on any drop at any time without having to know what's coming and what shop is getting what. Just load into the app at 10am, hope it doesn't crash, and click the button like the rest of us. In essence, that makes it harder, or at least less likely, for dunk diehards to cop. Because it took that insider edge away. They made it "easier" for the everyman.

The reason the skate shops are getting nickled and dimed by Nike now is mainly because even a whisper of backdooring or rellers is going to taint the Nike brand by association. They don't give a **** about shops backdooring. They give a **** that a mom and pop has the potential to hurt a billion dollar company. PR costs money. And so does distribution. It's cheaper and easier for Nike to sell direct to consumer.

Nike partially sees these releases as them doing a favor for these shops by giving them a few pairs. And keeping a small allocation going to the skate community helps keep appearances that NikeSB still "gets it." It keeps the nostalgia of what it used to be like to get these things alive.

But truth is, if Nike didn't think pulling these shoes out of skate shops would result in some backlash from the community and an eventual dropoff in the quick-cash hype, they would've been done with these shops altogether by now. It's just business to them.
But really how many of the folks buying each hot release will put them to the park? My bet is very few. Real skaters are buying whatever works and is affordable.

These pairs go to collectors like on here or resellers. Not being bought by Jamie from your local skateboard park for skating.

when do shadows release? i saw some stores got them today but im hoping they release at other spots since i missed out today

They’re slowly trickling out. It seems like some shops are getting partial shipments. Still waiting on my local to get them.

Homie walks into a skate shop and sees they used to be a SB Retailer that lost their account years ago. Casually asked if they had anything in the back, and they popped these out. They weren’t his size, he hit me up because they were mine.
323F7141-419E-45FD-9351-898744B3D652.jpeg

I miss actual concept pairs like this.

But really how many of the folks buying each hot release will put them to the park? My bet is very few. Real skaters are buying whatever works and is affordable.

These pairs go to collectors like on here or resellers. Not being bought by Jamie from your local skateboard park for skating.

Idk. Been seeing dudes skate the **** out some dunks lately.

Yup should’ve left it with the paisley print and not tear away.

Homie walks into a skate shop and sees they used to be a SB Retailer that lost their account years ago. Casually asked if they had anything in the back, and they popped these out. They weren’t his size, he hit me up because they were mine.
323F7141-419E-45FD-9351-898744B3D652.jpeg
Got these for 35 at an outlet a year or two back, beat the absolute **** out of them lol

Back
Top Bottom