2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Well hopefully these sneakerheads can find an attorney less than the $108 and the judge doesn't laugh their case out of court. 

Fact is, if they wanna charge $218 and give a "no box" discount or a "skate away" discount, they're legally allowed.
I give no fcks. Not my local :lol:

Yeah, while you probably can find an attorney to take the case, it's not worth the money to go to court. Even if you pay resell, it's still cheaper than a attorney retainer

Well hopefully these sneakerheads can find an attorney less than the $108 and the judge doesn't laugh their case out of court. 

Fact is, if they wanna charge $218 and give a "no box" discount or a "skate away" discount, they're legally allowed.

No because say someone skates away and they say "that wasn't good enough"; highly unlikely anyone would actually sue but they could and would probably win

Im rocking Da barbers today....Lol

Dudes would be better off calling up Nike to report it, but even Nike doesn't listen to whiners

Last edited:
Yeah, while you probably can find an attorney to take the case, it's not worth the money to go to court. Even if you pay resell, it's still cheaper than a attorney retainer
They can always call the Better Business Bureau. The harassment the store has to go through would be satisfying for me 

It's not really discrimination. You don't HAVE to bring and skate a board to buy the shoes just to get a lower price. It's no different than 1 per customer.

If you're foolish enough to know that you can't skate and attempt to just to save a few bucks that liability is on you.

Skateboarders or non-skateboarders aren't exactly a "protected class" so, it's not a done deal. But, for example, if the store were to decide to charge different prices to white customer and black customers, or pricing based on religious practice, it would be a slam dunk case. (Race, religion are examples of protected classes)

But, generally the way these things work is that fully protected classes mean that no different treatment can ever occur on the basis on that characteristic. (Age s a semi-protected class, which accounts for why you can not allow kids under a certain age in certain movies, or whatever)

Then, you have semi-protected classes, for which different treatment on the basis thereof is possible, but there remains a high legal bar for justifying different treatment.

Finally, you have non-protected .classes, for which people can be treated differently provided the perpetrator of such treatment can provide basically any plausible reason that passes the sniff test. "Safety" even if the contention is dubiously supported would be one such claim. So, this is where the skateboarder/non-skateboarder class would fall. And, I think you'd actually have a case because there really seems no plausible, healthy reason to make this distinction as a retailer.

Last edited:
This is so ridiculous.... All over some shoes. SMH.

Retail or bust for me. I ain't playing any of these fools camping out to days a single penny over retail.

If I get them cool if not its all good.... No salt.

mean.gif
 450 posts since midnight last night? 
sick.gif
 This release just brings out the worst in people

dope! Now i wonder how many resellers are going to find a board lol. smh i hate em

Private businesses can discriminate, they just can't discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, disability, age , pregnancy , or citizenship. What this board ship is doing may be bad business, or not, but it's perfectly legal.

too much back and fourth. people are going to be salty after this release anyways. If the shop decides to price gauge let them! SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL SKATE SHOP!!!

supposed to work overtime at my job tomorrow but was like no ill pass... passing on extra money to get some kicks online :smh:

Skateboarders or non-skateboarders aren't exactly a "protected class" so, it's not a done deal. But, for example, if the store were to decide to charge different prices to white customer and black customers, or pricing based on religious practice, it would be a slam dunk case. (Race, religion are examples of protected classes)

But, generally the way these things work is that fully protected classes mean that no different treatment can ever occur on the basis on that characteristic. (Age s a semi-protected class, which accounts for why you can not allow kids under a certain age in certain movies, or whatever)

Then, you have semi-protected classes, for which different treatment on the basis thereof is possible, but there remains a high legal bar for justifying different treatment.

Finally, you have non-protected .classes, for which people can be treated differently provided the perpetrator of such treatment can provide basically any plausible reason that passes the sniff test. "Safety" even if the contention is dubiously supported would be one such claim. So, this is where the skateboarder/non-skateboarder class would fall. And, I think you'd actually have a case because there really seems no plausible, healthy reason to make this distinction as a retailer.
Someone just went

visiting my girlfriend at school and the local up here has no line, selling for 140 plus tax though -_-    

they open at 11 tomorrow so thinking about trying for the 8am releases online then shooting over there if i fail. not really looking forward to paying the 45 over box. guessing they up-charge all their "hyped" releases
thats not a bad price for some shoes this sought after with no line. not bad at all

If anyone in ATL is trying to cop the Tiffs from Stratosphere I'm hearing there is already a line. Good luck, lol.

Back
Top Bottom