2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Nike is a multi billion dollar company that focuses on performance products, I don't think greed is in their registry.... Manufacturing is a lot more complicated than just make a 20 dollar shoe sell for 50 and pocket 30 lol that's just ridiculous.

In reality Nike is making pennies on their dollar they make no more than $10-$15 per pair of dunks they sell here in the states. Materials alone are not cheap and every pair obviously varies which actually dictates the limitations on quantity (they don't really profit from hype) just because they're not using premium leather and suedes doesn't mean they haven't improved their rubbers, cotton (now organic), polyester etc. That's just materials, not including other general expenses, factory fob, insurance, tax, marketing, electric and water isn't free either...and ofcourse the 3% tariff.

btw if you think any company is going to continue to make sneakers in china after a 45% tariff you're a fool, and if you believe nike will produce the same amount of sneakers that it does now here in the states you're worse than the first guy. Destroying chinas economy wont really benefit American consumers, especially the "sneakerhead". We're talking a significant increase in retail, if you think nb is steep at retail wait for that **** to hit the fan.

Last edited:
Anchorman's today

Nike is a multi billion dollar company that focuses on performance products, I don't think greed is in their registry.... Manufacturing is a lot more complicated than just make a 20 dollar shoe sell for 50 and pocket 30 lol that's just ridiculous.

In reality Nike is making pennies on their dollar they make no more than $10-$15 per pair of dunks they sell here in the states. Materials alone are not cheap and every pair obviously varies which actually dictates the limitations on quantity (they don't really profit from hype) just because they're not using premium leather and suedes doesn't mean they haven't improved their rubbers, cotton (now organic), polyester etc. That's just materials, not including other general expenses, factory fob, insurance, tax, marketing, electric and water isn't free either...and ofcourse the 3% tariff.

btw if you think any company is going to continue to make sneakers in a china after a 45% tariff you're a fool, and if you believe nike will produce the same amount of sneakers that it does now here in the states you're worse than the first guy. Destroying chinas economy wont really benefit American consumers, especially the "sneakerhead". We're talking a significant increase in retail, if you think nb is steep at retail wait for that **** to hit the fan.
The American Dream is made in China

you're obviously not a business man, doesn't make sense to make anything here. costs are too high, who likes paying $200-$220 for 997s? not me...thats just NB, imagine what Nikes prices would be. This isn't the 50s/60s where ppl give any fcks if the stuff they buy is made in the US. Im from planet Erf not the US...
I'm not sure how big on New Balances you are, but on NT alone, a decent portion of members wait for US models to hit discounts. Not all US made joints are purchased at full retail, even for more limited releases. Also, keep in mind that SBs and Dunks generally are some of the few popular Nike releases that still sit around the $100 range. Most popular Nike models cost closer to $200 and while people have complained and continue to complain about quality, they still fork over that much for the shoes. Finally, I think you should consider that a growing number of people (especially millenials) do care about where things are made. People have grown to understand that the made in US stamp may make something more expensive, but the quality is often times higher and they're willing to pay for that.

Just my 2 cents on this topic.

Last edited:
I buy American as much as I can. And if Nike made a special made in America line, I would definitely buy . That's one reason why I Love new balance as a company.

I'm not sure how big on New Balances you are, but on NT alone, a decent portion of members wait for US models to hit discounts. Not all US made joints are purchased at full retail, even for more limited releases. Also, keep in mind that SBs and Dunks generally are some of the few popular Nike releases that still sit around the $100 range. Most popular Nike models cost closer to $200 and while people have complained and continue to complain about quality, they still fork over that much for the shoes. Finally, I think you should consider that a growing number of people (especially millenials) do care about where things are made. People have grown to understand that the made in US stamp may make something more expensive, but the quality is often times higher and they're willing to pay for that.

Just my 2 cents on this topic.
Much agreed, generally i think millenials are more concious about what they consume but honestly on the flipside of that coin I think its a large portion of the millenials that fuel that '200$ for crap quality' market. They even pay resell lol

are pink boxes really selling for as much as they seem to be on eBay?

Looking for an 11.5 or 12 near retail

I'm kind of annoyed I waited to double.....

20% coupon got me these

Went to see Beauty and the Beast with the fam

Wife and I had matching rose shirts (did not take a pic of that)

Back
Top Bottom