2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

i will say this tho.

what i seen today from these dunk id's .....
not even being able to see the options i made. selling out. tryna charge crazy resale for them atrocities that somehow made it to check out.

im just turned off. everything sneaker related is just really really corny right now.

not sure if it can recover.

I agree with you. Maybe we're just getting older, but the game has reached such new levels of corny. The level of mainstream sneaker culture has risen too has taken some of the fun out of it for me. Part of the reason I always took to sneakers, was because they were an underground subculture. I liked being in on something not everyone and their cousin was into.

I agree with you. Maybe we're just getting older, but the game has reached such new levels of corny. The level of mainstream sneaker culture has risen too has taken some of the fun out of it for me. Part of the reason I always took to sneakers, was because they were an underground subculture. I liked being in on something not everyone and their cousin was into.

yeah. i just miss the niche culture it used to be.

like i know yall remember a shoe actually making you feel good. not just happy to have won.

it was real love. :frown:

"Everything will eventually come to an end, so try to savor the moment, cause time flies, don't it? The beauty of life, you gotta make it last for the better, Cause nothin' lasts forever."

nothing lasts forever, ya know?

yeah. i just miss the niche culture it used to be.

like i know yall remember a shoe actually making you feel good. not just happy to have won.

it was real love. :frown:

"Everything will eventually come to an end, so try to savor the moment, cause time flies, don't it? The beauty of life, you gotta make it last for the better, Cause nothin' lasts forever."

nothing lasts forever, ya know?
fashion is pretty cyclical. it will fade eventually but i think **** like people trying to resell IDs just shows we're nearing absolute peak and oversaturation won't be too far behind.

the real issue is them basically promoting the sneaker version of the "loot box" and getting their consumer base addicted to a form of gambling/lottery. I have no doubt in my mind that Nike built up this hype, forced these small skateshops who can in no way handle the demand to do things like raffles. as a result, you begin associating every shoe purchase with "the winner effect", which is the huge rush of testosterone and dopamine your brain gets when it wins a perceived contest. every time you see a new shoe, your brain recalls that feeling and wants more. your *** is hooked and you have to enter raffle after raffle chasing that sweet release. they have conditioned you to consume.

i often think about this when i see people sometimes casually mention "oh i created a new SNKRS account, new accounts have better luck". the first taste is free, but once you feel that rush its game over.

when these street hawkers drop on SNKRs i want everyone to be real conscious and pay attention to how fast your heart is racing 30s before the release when you are staring at the app. that is exactly how Nike wants you to feel.

F4B56A3D-8932-4738-99D8-9B8F6CB1B43B.jpeg

fashion is pretty cyclical. it will fade eventually but i think **** like people trying to resell IDs just shows we're nearing absolute peak and oversaturation won't be too far behind.

the real issue is them basically promoting the sneaker version of the "loot box" and getting their consumer base addicted to a form of gambling/lottery. I have no doubt in my mind that Nike built up this hype, forced these small skateshops who can in no way handle the demand to do things like raffles. as a result, you begin associating every shoe purchase with "the winner effect", which is the huge rush of testosterone and dopamine your brain gets when it wins a perceived contest. every time you see a new shoe, your brain recalls that feeling and wants more. your *** is hooked and you have to enter raffle after raffle chasing that sweet release. they have conditioned you to consume.

i often think about this when i see people sometimes casually mention "oh i created a new SNKRS account, new accounts have better luck". the first taste is free, but once you feel that rush its game over.

when these street hawkers drop on SNKRs i want everyone to be real conscious and pay attention to how fast your heart is racing 30s before the release when you are staring at the app. that is exactly how Nike wants you to feel.

This is so well said brother, bravo!

Whenever I explain sneaker culture to people trying to get in now I explain that SNKRs is basically a mini lottery for kids. A lot of these kids don't actually care about what they're buying they just want to feel like they won so that they can later resell that shoe for a mark up.

I myself am a victim of this. There's a ton of kicks I don't actually care for but I've attempted to buy (99.9% of the time i miss) just so I can sell or trade later for something I really want.

I spent so much in the resell market in 2020, I've promised myself I won't make the same mistake this year.

This is so well said brother, bravo!

Whenever I explain sneaker culture to people trying to get in now I explain that SNKRs is basically a mini lottery for kids. A lot of these kids don't actually care about what they're buying they just want to feel like they won so that they can later resell that shoe for a mark up.

I myself am a victim of this. There's a ton of kicks I don't actually care for but I've attempted to buy (99.9% of the time i miss) just so I can sell or trade later for something I really want.

I spent so much in the resell market in 2020, I've promised myself I won't make the same mistake this year.
Yea, thats the real loophole here. this is a lotto with no age restrictions. get those young healthy brains dependent ASAP. in a lot of foreign countries they forced game companies to release the actual odds of items in these loot boxes and a bunch legally consider loot boxes themselves gambling. this is the same thing. targeted youth gambling. but does Nike ever have to release distribution numbers? nope. kids are hooked to a lotto with probably significantly worse odds than the actual lottery.

Hey random question here, are there two different box tags for dunk sbs? Some with women sizing some without? Just saw two different pairs of safari lows and one box had the women sizing and the other did not

Resale is an expensive hobby even 60-70 bucks higher adds up. If things were available at regular prices I’d be pickin up a sneaker a week

i will say this tho.

what i seen today from these dunk id's .....
not even being able to see the options i made. selling out. tryna charge crazy resale for them atrocities that somehow made it to check out.

im just turned off. everything sneaker related is just really really corny right now.

not sure if it can recover.

Logged into my Niketalk account to comment for the first time since god knows when...

Sneaker game these days is trash bruh... think I've bought what? 2 1.0 ultraboosts since late 2019?

Looking around at all these ****bois flexing with shoes... my IG discover/search tab is unbearable man, hahaha.... nah, I ain't even trying to be a part of that culture - ya'll can have it all, lmao.

I do want an all white dunk id with a grey swoosh + gum bottom tho 🤷‍♂️

The leather is not great. The grey bits are average, and the black bits are actually covered with some sort of rubber. They smell weird too. So guess fully ****ed.
thats horrible, form the picks it looks like nice and soft. wow then what the hell is the theme? its a jordan 6/dunk but whats all the rubberized stuff about? doesn't even make sense. should've been nubuck if anything

Back
Top Bottom