2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Lol nike reselling their own shoe would be nuts, and a complete slap in the face to consumers.
ive said this before and ill keep saying it. nike def going to get into the resale game. you think they give a **** about consumers? lol. same **** happened with ticketmaster, resale is here and its here to stay. control the market by offering official authentication for a fee. cash in on not only the first sale, but EVERY resale thereafter? if you dont think a megacorp isnt going to jump on that...

6D19FA7D-2ABE-4E09-9762-3147CDD9B506.jpeg
E362DD8A-27C0-4E16-894F-FD231E883347.jpeg
35 pages scrolling down the rabbit hole 🥲 been taking a short break from the social media. I just needed to reset my self from everything.
I Hope everyone is okay and doing fine ..... here’s my last pick ups —- first hit on SNKRS with hawks and premier access both rare wins

Lol nike reselling their own shoe would be nuts, and a complete slap in the face to consumers.

At a minimum they should offer better authentication methods such as what they are doing with the QR codes. At best just make more shoes but that would ruin their marketing strategy and the fomo theyve bred into their consumer base pretty much since the Air Jordan.
Ticketmaster been doing this for years.

6D19FA7D-2ABE-4E09-9762-3147CDD9B506.jpeg
E362DD8A-27C0-4E16-894F-FD231E883347.jpeg
35 pages scrolling down the rabbit hole 🥲 been taking a short break from the social media. I just needed to reset my self from everything.
I Hope everyone is okay and doing fine ..... here’s my last pick ups —- first hit on SNKRS with hawks and premier access both rare wins
Nice pickups! Wish I had the hook up on those Street Hawkers. They look too nice to skate or even walk in.

To follow up with my earlier post. It was r/Repsneakers My retail pair of SB Dunk Atmos Elephant, size US 11 for LC/QC purposes where there was a conversation about fakes. No idea what H12 and ts666 are but they sure do look real to me. How can anyone tell the difference?

To follow up with my earlier post. It was r/Repsneakers My retail pair of SB Dunk Atmos Elephant, size US 11 for LC/QC purposes where there was a conversation about fakes. No idea what H12 and ts666 are but they sure do look real to me. How can anyone tell the difference?

The tags and sole stitching. Slight color and shape differences. But on some of the better fakes, you can't really tell unless they're side by side with retail. And even then, if they're both on-foot, you probably couldn't tell unless you were studying them like a math book. It's the number one reason I won't **** with buying resale anymore. Too much greedy sleeze trying to pass reps off as retail.

To be clear, I have no problem with people wearing reps. Wear what you like. A shoe is a shoe. Just don't be out here flipping them for ill-gotten gains.

The tags and sole stitching. Slight color and shape differences. But on some of the better fakes, you can't really tell unless they're side by side with retail. And even then, if they're both on-foot, you probably couldn't tell unless you were studying them like a math book. It's the number one reason I won't **** with buying resale anymore. Too much greedy sleeze trying to pass reps off as retail.

To be clear, I have no problem with people wearing reps. Wear what you like. A shoe is a shoe. Just don't be out here flipping them for ill-gotten gains.
Yea. I just don't want to pay 400-500 for a shoe when it's fake. I bought some Dunks off of Stadium Goods and Check Checked them. They ended up passing, but after seeing these replicas look almost like the real ones, I was a little skeptical.

ive said this before and ill keep saying it. nike def going to get into the resale game. you think they give a **** about consumers? lol. same **** happened with ticketmaster, resale is here and its here to stay. control the market by offering official authentication for a fee. cash in on not only the first sale, but EVERY resale thereafter? if you dont think a megacorp isnt going to jump on that...

I always wondered how Ticketmaster gets away with that. Seems like some sort of conflict of interest or something.

Everything is fake in r/Repsneakers. Reps are fakes, and that sub talks ONLY of fakes.

No offense, but you are pretty lost in the sauce...

Everything is fake in r/Repsneakers. Reps are fakes, and that sub talks ONLY of fakes.

No offense, but you are pretty lost in the sauce...
Yes, I know that they are fakes on there.

I admit I am on some things with how the Dunk game goes. I'm hoping that I didn't buy one of these that got passed off as authentic.

So if I want to cop a real pair, what would be my best method? Bot? Sucking up to a skate shop owner?

While I don’t condone fakes, I do feel like once you already paid resale from an authentication service. and bought the shoe, it’s pointless to sit there and stress over whether it’s fake or not. This hobby is supposed to be fun, not stressful. With that in mind, I’d assume legit unless something was really off about the shoe.

Especially with Nikes QC, many of the people running around screaming fake are really just pointing to common problems with mass produced sneakers

I’ve seen pairs in here that came straight from Nike with serious errors that not even a fake would have

I’ll just leave this here for people that think copdate is legit

B5EA2479-FA90-4C38-838E-9D80AF6C14B9.png

Greedy f**"s always ruin a good thing. When Copdate first released it was good since no bots were developed yet. I was even was able to win a pair locally myself when the app first dropped. Now you got bulls**t bots like this that just kicks the little guys out.

I always wondered how Ticketmaster gets away with that. Seems like some sort of conflict of interest or something.
i worked at ticketmaster when all this was going down. we played it as "consumer protection" because it would ensure they don't get fake tickets. nike can easily do the same. meanwhile scalpers have become glorified affiliates and ticketmaster chops some off the top for facilitating the sale.

at this point resale as it stands today is not going away, and there is no amount of bot protection you can do that wont eventually become obsolete. so its a complete sunken cost into a non-revenue generating stream, so it is completely unsurprising to me when they don't really do a whole lot to fight bots besides a captcha. the only real answer to cutting off bots is to not make them available online in any way. in-person shop raffles only. and i think we all know that isn't going to happen.

i worked at ticketmaster when all this was going down. we played it as "consumer protection" because it would ensure they don't get fake tickets. nike can easily do the same. meanwhile scalpers have become glorified affiliates and ticketmaster chops some off the top for facilitating the sale.

at this point resale as it stands today is not going away, and there is no amount of bot protection you can do that wont eventually become obsolete. so its a complete sunken cost into a non-revenue generating stream, so it is completely unsurprising to me when they don't really do a whole lot to fight bots besides a captcha. the only real answer to cutting off bots is to not make them available online in any way. in-person shop raffles only. and i think we all know that isn't going to happen.
In shop raffles or live stream raffles. I wouldn't trust in store raffles unless they were done where customers have the chance to see them. I'd have to believe that once the shop get the sneakers, they get at least 2 of the same sizes. Then they hook themselves, their employees, friends, and family up. The rest is up for grabs to the public. By then what's really left? Last time I entered a raffle approx. 108k entries. Statistically, it's not even worth it to me. For me, I chased the CD's and had over 100 entries. Bought stuff in the process to get an extra entry. I didn't win any of them.

It is. Here in Aus, the state I live in passed laws a few years ago to regulate ticket reselling. Companies like ticketmaster got a big slap on the wrist. Law now states tickets can’t be resold for more than 10% of original value. There is no way lawmakers here will allow a company like Nike to sell their products on a secondary market at crazy inflated prices. It would be a massive breach of consumer law.

Yes, I know that they are fakes on there.

I admit I am on some things with how the Dunk game goes. I'm hoping that I didn't buy one of these that got passed off as authentic.

So if I want to cop a real pair, what would be my best method? Bot? Sucking up to a skate shop owner?
All you can do is put in the work. Enter raffles. Make friends in the community. Make friends with a shop owner. And even all that is still usually not enough.

While I don’t condone fakes, I do feel like once you already paid resale from an authentication service. and bought the shoe, it’s pointless to sit there and stress over whether it’s fake or not. This hobby is supposed to be fun, not stressful. With that in mind, I’d assume legit unless something was really off about the shoe.

Especially with Nikes QC, many of the people running around screaming fake are really just pointing to common problems with mass produced sneakers

I’ve seen pairs in here that came straight from Nike with serious errors that not even a fake would have
So true! I was really suspect about the Travis Dunks that I got from StockX. But what am I going to do? If they're fakes, they're good ones. Screw it.

So true! I was really suspect about the Travis Dunks that I got from StockX. But what am I going to do? If they're fakes, they're good ones. Screw it.
I can’t count how many times I’ve been hit up by someone that’s losing their **** about some shoe that they way overpaid for in the first place. It’s like Bruh, they are probably fine man quit tripping and definitely stop DMing everybody you know for a legit check LOL

It is. Here in Aus, the state I live in passed laws a few years ago to regulate ticket reselling. Companies like ticketmaster got a big slap on the wrist. Law now states tickets can’t be resold for more than 10% of original value. There is no way lawmakers here will allow a company like Nike to sell their products on a secondary market at crazy inflated prices. It would be a massive breach of consumer law.
And if Nike starts its own check check like service for a fee? The money is going to be inserting themselves as a key and valued part of the resale process. They don't even have to perform the actual sale, and would have zero liability.

Curious, how would that law works for these global platforms? For ticketmaster it is straightforward to me. If the event in question is in AUS, its illegal to resell for over 10%. Very easy to enforce.

There is nothing like that for a sneaker. If I list some **** on GOAT with a $1000 markup they're not going to be like "naaaa, AUS doesn't allow this". At best, my pair would just not show up for anyone in AUS using the app, essentially telling the AUS market to **** off because no shoe price is going to get that low, so they will never be presented with any pairs.

Back
Top Bottom