2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Hit on a pair of KCDC (sorta, also ignore the non-SB)

F72D2035-F793-49AB-9CF0-EC4192CF8D44.jpeg

Shop called me later in the day to tell me I won but it was a 12 (signed up for an 11.5). My guess is all the people who signed up for the 12 either didn’t pick up or didn’t want them anymore (resell prices dropped significantly this weekend). I’m thinking maybe the bubble finally popped but Im sure it’s because it’s pink 😅 Hopefully I can find a size swap because I actually really like them after getting it in hand.

I hope the fact that it's pink and almost no resale means it will be an easy grab when my local drops them.

Speaking of me wearing my Dunk SBs, I gotta say that while comfort is COMPLETELY SUBJECTIVE, for me Dunk SBs have always been more comfortable than regular Dunks. SBs are more cushioned, more padded, and often constructed with softer and more comfortable materials, while regular Dunks are thinner, less padded, and stiffer. Actually, my most comfortable non-SB Dunks are constructed more akin to SB Dunks.
Agreed. The material on sb’s was always more flexible and extra padded given they are skate shoes. The retooling around 2012 with the thin tongues and different soles pissed me off. It’s a shame since there were some classic colorways that got slapped on thin tongues or perforated midquarter panels. The black/washed corals and the varsity blue/pink ice come to mind.

Agreed. The material on sb’s was always more flexible and extra padded given they are skate shoes. The retooling around 2012 with the thin tongues and different soles pissed me off. It’s a shame since there were some classic colorways that got slapped on thin tongues or perforated midquarter panels. The black/washed corals and the varsity blue/pink ice come to mind.
Almost copped a pair of those varsity blues but ultimately passed for that reason

Reactions: ace
Those really are dope, especially with ripstop. **** the gatekeepers and purist wannabes
I wrote a very basic review on the Passport Pack here for a half-assed grad school project. The main point of the project was for my classmates and I to build up a site, get ads, and analyze traffic. So the content and layout of the site was not the main idea, please reserve all judgment from that aspect.

If y'all don't wanna read all that, no problemo. In short I just think that union tried too hard to come up with a story to create a shoe, rather than making a shoe that also told a story. The concept vs execution didn't come out well IMO.

Back
Top Bottom