2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

C8FD3BF8-7EA8-44B0-AC2F-1535E572EC7A.png

AA5C849F-4FD5-4E73-8F7A-630FFA3BF67C.jpeg

After accepting the reality that I can't have a tip and a heel black (ugh haha) I ended up going with these two designs:
1680220164768.png

1680220075522.png

It was a real hard debate between getting the black pair and these, but I ultimately went with black because this one is similar to other Dunk IDs I've already done (and similar colors to the purple one above) :
1680220109515.png

I got access at work and wasn’t gonna use it unless it was available when I got home. Surprisingly it was :lol:. Wish we would’ve gotten some suede though

The “quality” talk is amusing, as usual - about the By You’s. It’s the same damned cheap leather on the regular Dunk’s, just ran through a tumbler. LOL.

I mean I like my pair. But the materials are for sure cheap.

So how does the NBY leather break in and wear? Crease etc? Those gr and argon type leather ain’t it. But this feels softer at least

The “quality” talk is amusing, as usual - about the By You’s. It’s the same damned cheap leather on the regular Dunk’s, just ran through a tumbler. LOL.

I mean I like my pair. But the materials are for sure cheap.
To be honest . No “leather” quality from jordan/Nike is actual high quality when you compare to actual quality leather. As long as these don’t crease and fold like GR panda dunks I’m good.

So how does the NBY leather break in and wear? Crease etc? Those gr and argon type leather ain’t it. But this feels softer at least
Yeah, the tumbled stuff does wear better.

For the Argon’s/similar, I put crease protectors in. I walk around the house for a few minutes. Then I take them out and throw them back in a drawer. But this helps break them in with the “bend” at the back of the toebox. So I don’t get nasty creases. (Stupid of course that I have to even do this - but whatever.)

Nike doesn’t want to cut into those Panda sales in the United States…That’s why they won’t let you colorblock a black toe panel with a black heel panel…

They moving way to many pairs of the GR Pandas to risk people getting decent quality pairs off of NBY and realizing the trash quality the GR’a actually have…

Dunk ID options have always been missing one or two things to hold em back from being great. I've mocked up so many over the past 15 years and it was either the tongue label was ugly, the leather was ****ty (i remember some real shiny, plasticky pairs), you couldn't use certain colors for the sole, you were limited to certain blocking, etc etc. 2013 with elephant print was prob the last true great round of dunk IDs.

Back
Top Bottom