2024 Wrestling Thread | Saturday Night's alright for fighting...

Will Cody Rhodes "finish the story" at WrestleMania XL?

• Finally!

Votes: 26 47.3%
  • LMAO

Votes: 29 52.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Case Case

Thoughts on the Young Bucks being Sting’s final opponents?
I don't like it..Bucks are spot monkeys and that's never been the type of match that Sting wrestles..Not mad at it being a tag match for his finale since he's been a very successful tag team wrestler throughout his career..
I think it would be better if him and Darby were going against a team like FTR..Everything about the build up to this match that the YBs have done has been terrible..They've just seemed so uninterested in pro wrestling for the past couple years and Sting deserves better..I'm not very hopeful on the quality of the match and it's not because of a 60+ yr old Sting or Darby..I'm just hoping the Icon/Darby can pull a 3 Meltzer out of the Bucks..

I dont know why i keep watching. They make it seem like theyre going somewhere with the bloodline story but we all know roman will win at mania and the usos will continue to hate eachnother from a distance. I dont get why they feel the need to draw these storyline out for sooooo long w no new outcomes
Have you seen the attendance figures and TV ratings?

I don't like it..Bucks are spot monkeys and that's never been the type of match that Sting wrestles..Not mad at it being a tag match for his finale since he's been a very successful tag team wrestler throughout his career..
I think it would be better if him and Darby were going against a team like FTR..Everything about the build up to this match that the YBs have done has been terrible..They've just seemed so uninterested in pro wrestling for the past couple years and Sting deserves better..I'm not very hopeful on the quality of the match and it's not because of a 60+ yr old Sting or Darby..I'm just hoping the Icon/Darby can pull a 3 Meltzer out of the Bucks..
Feel like a singles match vs Darby would’ve been cool.

since darby came out and said everything in stings last match has been planned by sting, hes absolutely gonna lose.

id rather have sting and darby win the match and aew just vacate the belts and put them up in a tag team tournament

but tony khan is a pushover idiot so that wont happen.

if you're an indy show why even do this? **** just looks like two fat ****s diving under the covers to get at it 🤣

ezgif-4-9a5e4e8e12.png

I dont know why i keep watching. They make it seem like theyre going somewhere with the bloodline story but we all know roman will win at mania and the usos will continue to hate eachnother from a distance. I dont get why they feel the need to draw these storyline out for sooooo long w no new outcomes
Long term storytelling. I think folks are spoiled and want that immediate conclusion.

You got to also factor in casuals and Romans part time schedule. This is the best way to go in my opinion. In fact, I think it is somewhat a rush to run Cody and Roman 2.

With Virgil passing away the last few days, it triggered my memory of him in the short-lived AWF (American Wrestling Federation) in 1996. He was in that promotion during that time after he left WWF and before he went to WCW as Vincent. Anyone on here remember when he was in that promotion?

Better yet, anyone on here remember AWF at all?

I remember that promotion was in syndication I believe. I recall it being aired on late Saturday evenings on the CBS affiliate (channel 2) in L.A. back in fall 1996. Its show was called Warriors Of Wrestling. It had a gang of old guys, basically WWF rejects plus WCW rejects mixed in. It had a round system like boxing. Tito Santana was the heavyweight champion. There were also jobbers mixed in.

With Virgil passing away the last few days, it triggered my memory of him in the short-lived AWF (American Wrestling Federation) in 1996. He was in that promotion during that time after he left WWF and before he went to WCW as Vincent. Anyone on here remember when he was in that promotion?

Better yet, anyone on here remember AWF at all?

I remember that promotion was in syndication I believe. I recall it being aired on late Saturday evenings on the CBS affiliate (channel 2) in L.A. back in fall 1996. Its show was called Warriors Of Wrestling. It had a gang of old guys, basically WWF rejects plus WCW rejects mixed in. It had a round system like boxing. Tito Santana was the heavyweight champion. There were also jobbers mixed in.
what?? no mention of hogan anywhere???

Back
Top Bottom