laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Yo, are the Celts really going to let go of Ray Allen?

dolan isn't going anywhere. i've come to realize and accept it.

am i the only one here rooting mega hard for boston right now? they can do us a gigantic favor if you catch my drift. makes me sick cheering for them though.

Nah, i want my ice cream and hooters if it does go down
laugh.gif

theres a Hooters + Hagan Daz store in fresh meadows
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DubA169

am i the only one here rooting mega hard for boston right now? they can do us a gigantic favor if you catch my drift. makes me sick cheering for them though.

I was really hopin ol Russian dude would take over. If there's any year to get stupid and waste money like it's free...and anything to make sure the Nets stay suckin.
...and I just checked http://niketalk.com/topic/209340?page=260 aka the playa hatas ball...
smh.gif
laugh.gif

i need to get on that list lol

talked to this dude over the weekend who claimed he was the biggest knicks fan, and said he wanted ray allen, gay and lee this summer. i was ready to smack him upside the head

Originally Posted by MrONegative

Originally Posted by DubA169

I was really hopin ol Russian dude would take over.
that was what the nail in the coffin for me was. nobody is gonna come around with longer money than Prokhorov and make an offer for the knicks.he said he tried and failed and i tend to believe he was offering massive amounts of money.

my favorite rumor ever was that puffy was gona become owner
roll.gif

If cap is 56M, how much do we have? $56.1 - $17.7 = 38.4M to spend ? Or am i wrong?

edit - and Sergio has a QO of $2.8M

[h1]Haywood May Be Too Pricey For Knicks[/h1]Apr 21, 2010 3:50 PM EST

With Marcus Camby coming off the market, the Knicks will have to look elsewhere for a center.

Brendan Haywood is expected to be the best center on the free agent market this offseason, but the New York Post points out that he may be too expensive for the Knicks.

New York has $34 million in cap space, but they want to do a lot with their space -- like signing two superstars to multi-year deals.

Brad Miller has been mentioned as another possibility.

[h1]Wade Says Teams Won't Have 'A Huge Window' To Court Him[/h1]
Apr 21, 2010 4:01 PM EST

Wade_Dwyane_mia.jpg
Dwyane Wade said on Tuesday night that teams won't have a large window to recruit him this summer.

Wade said there are a few teams that could make him change his mind, but his preference is still to re-sign with the Heat.

"It's not a huge window at all. It's a small gap," Wade said of the opening other teams will have to sign him.

"You have to always keep your book open for your options and look at different things. But no, I'm not that open where I would go anywhere and would want to be almost anywhere."

i think we need to trade for a young up and coming athletic center that fits our system and develop the ##%# outta him now that Camby is off the market. i want no parts of Brad Miller or JO and i doubt we will land Haywood. I doubt that a guy like DeAndre Jordan or as i mentioned before JaVale McGee/Amdray Blachte from Washington will come at SUCH a ridiculous price. Blachte sounds especially appealing to me because imo Washington would let him go over McGee and he is from NY, has the size to play center and block shots and ##%#, but i think hed be perfect for our system cause of his ability to run the floor and handle the ball, and he can shoot from outside as well. similar to a David Lee and i think they would compliment each other very nicely, because Lee would be alow to move back into PF and become a better defender and Blachte would handle guarding center and blocking shots, and on offense since they can both play in the post or handle the ball at the top of the key (especially if Lee adds a 3 ball) they can switch off playing in the paint and high post and would be a killer matchup for anybody... than again DeAndre Jordan and McGee would be nice as well because Lee would go to his natural PF spot and Jordan/McGee are natural shot blockers and would handle guarding centers with their size, and they are both capable of running the floor and would score mostly on dunks and putbacks and they can share time with Earl Barron if they are too inexperienced to lag on huge minutes yet, and than eventually work them into 30+ minute a night players.
puffy as owner 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

btw nbadraft.net just put up a new mock draft yesterday, and i can dig our two picks in the 2nd round that they project... Lancey and a 7'1 center, and he can ball a bit 
pimp.gif

personally i dont think that it would be smart to pass up on Willie Warren if hes still available with our pick, but than again i feel the same about Lancey and idk if we can get both, and Alabi would fill a need by getting a big, raw, shot blocking defensive center, who has potential to be at least a decent player.

As much as I like Lance, he is in no way, shape or form ready for the NBA. And him playing in NYC would only magnify any potential problems. Distractions galore.

We have two second round picks correct? is that what you're referring to gr8?

And no thanks on McGee and Jordan. They're too young and inexperienced. ive read their off court antics arent so great either.

Haywood would be a nice guy now. He might be a bit more pricey, but i like it.

Originally Posted by BangDak

We have two second round picks correct? is that what you're referring to gr8?

And no thanks on McGee and Jordan. They're too young and inexperienced. ive read their off court antics arent so great either.

Haywood would be a nice guy now. He might be a bit more pricey, but i like it.
yes we do have 2 2nd round picks... pretty early also... get Zeke back hed work miracles with late picks ie Lee/Ariza 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

and who gives a ***% about inexperienced? Have him split time for a year or 2, work them in, you dont get that combo of size + athletisism very often and when you can get some skill involved and use it you are dominant (ie Dwight, Amare, even young Camby minus injuries, etc). and imo theyd both work great in our system they are the exact kinda center  that works here and the exact center you need next to Lee. if they arent TOO costly to get (which imo they wouldnt be) i say jump the gun. off court antics are ALWAYS overated imo, same %%@! with Lance, if a player has that kinda skillset and you put in work to develop them and get them on a winning team in a system where their skills are highlighted and imo theyd be finee. just look at how Ben Wallace put in work when he went from Orlando to Detroit.

Depending on who the Knicks sign (using the max on two players or one max player + two above average players), a stop gap at center like Hilton Armstrong could make sense.

[h2]Birth Of A Knick Fan For Life[/h2]
April 20th, 2010 by Lee Davis

I was about eight years old, strolling through midtown holding my fathers hand when we both turned towards the sound of screams. A man plummeted past the side of a building, landing with a thud behind the row of parked cars along the curb. My dad was shaken up. Me? I wanted to get a look at what was left of the guy.

Minutes later we stood in front of the Penn Hotel, just across the street from The Garden. Beside us, waiting for the light to change, was Clyde Frazier, complete with flowing trench-coat and hat. I was in awe. Superhero music played in my head. My Dad smiled, said a coupla words to him, and Clyde reached down and shook my hand with a grin.

Birth of a Knick fan for life. Recently I wonder if maybe it had less to do with meeting Clyde than with the incident that occurred earlier that day. Maybe it was more my own inner fascination with the grotesque. Deep down there is something about a train wreck that captures the curiosity — a need to see how bad it really looks. Maybe thats why the Garden still has so many sell-outs.

Knick fans like myself are hoping for Christmas in July. Ignoring the pundits who speculate one way or the other, I am content to wait. I want LeBron. I want to keep David Lee. But like a magic trick, I think the real action is where the audience is not looking. My eyes are on a deal for Ricky Rubio. D’Antoni needs a player to push the pedal to the metal. Donnie Walsh knows that on Broadway you need characters — with character. Clyde, Bradley, DeBusschere, Reed. It is about winning, yes, but the true goal is to forge a team identity. An aura. A feeling that fans want to be a part of.

Imagine the mop-headed Rubio in a Knick jersey throwing alley-oops to LeBron, or no-look passes to Gallo from three. Lebron encouraging his teammates to believe in each other. Wilson Chandler emerging as the star they keep pleading with him to be.

Suddenly the Mecca of Basketball really is again.

An uptempo team offense is not a cover for poor defense. But a few blowout victories, buoyed by a quick start in exhibition on an international stage, and suddenly D’Antoni is the Coach he really thinks he is, and everyone else is wrong, that is at least until the playoffs.

Hoping for the best here. Hoping for the third seed next year.

Not that it matters. Either way they know we’ll be watching.Even if they acquire no players of significance, and let David Lee walk. We’ll watch. We can’t help it.

We’ll be that eight year old, struggling to get a clear look at the damage.

Off court antics can be overrated, but there are times where you have to pay attention to them. I'm all for giving people chances, but only if the contribution they bring is worth it.

Hilton Armstrong is a backup role player at most.

While all that is true gr8, when you compare them to a guy like Haywood, its a bit easy to distinguish who you want as your guy.

I'm a real big fan of Cole Aldrich though. younger Haywood imo.

i'm a moron for thinking david lee should have been an all star over gerald wallace. dude is a legit player.

Back
Top Bottom