Did 'Melo say publicly recently that he wants to play in NY?

I love all the options.

Longshot, but can you imagine LeBron and Melo in NYC? The earth would implode.

Harlem, the heat had a second meeting but it was actually before their first one. so i guess their first meeting was their second meeting. But we the only team to get a meeting after our first meeting, which was our actual first meeting

happy.gif

ohwell.gif

laugh.gif

stoudemire--300x300.jpg

To be fair HTTB, the second meeting was only with his people, LBJ wasn't there. But if it was to talk about Amare being in the fold or numbers, then that isn't bad news for us, they could have just done that over the phone if they needed so that's good.

And not that I like counting my chickens before they hatch, but I'd assume/hope that Toney Douglas would be starting. We need someone who can defend the 3 and hit an open shot, I question his court vision/passing ability but he hasn't really had a chance and I'd imagine having Lebron or Amare on your team will help any young PG. Obviously the big FA's are the big fish, but another hugely important thing is who comes calling looking to play if our perfect scenario were to occur... but we can worry about that if it happens.

Originally Posted by DubA169

Harlem, the heat had a second meeting but it was actually before their first one. so i guess their first meeting was their second meeting. But we the only team to get a meeting after our first meeting, which was our actual first meeting

happy.gif

ohwell.gif

laugh.gif
I get what you're saying, but didn't the Heat request that first meeting? Leon Rose reached out to us for the second, apparently. Maybe I got the story wrong, though.

I got the champagne on ice...

Originally Posted by DubA169

stoudemire--300x300.jpg
#!%* might as well be a done deal. I'm hyped.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

I think Douglas is perfect if LeBron is here.
ditto. Don't need a 'true' pg with LeBron. Toney fits well and I think he's being passed over. He's just gona get better.

And until proven otherwise...D'Antoni > Thibadeau. And there's really no proof to say otherwise. Not yet at least.

I'm just sitting back and reading every single post in this thread, trying NOT to comment because I'm so damn superstitious I feel I might jinx something....

With that being said, all of the above was worthy of being quoted, imo.

Dudes shouldn't get too hyped about the second meeting. Lebron wasn't there, and the second meeting was just to clarify what the Knicks lacked in the first meeting, when it came to cap numbers and such. They just wanted to make sure Lebron's camp had all the necessary info. Straight from Donnie's mouth.

The Knicks ant offer Amare an offer, They told Lebron to picka man of his choice and they will go get him cuz they got the cap room to get that player things are heating up lets see what happends
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by UrboyzAris

The Knicks ant offer Amare an offer, They told Lebron to picka man of his choice and they will go get him cuz they got the cap room to get that player things are heating up lets see what happends
nerd.gif

yea this was just being discussed on espn radio

lebron+amare= problems. i cant even imagine the espn highlights every night
eek.gif
i bet they would take daily bets on who's going to posturize  who that night
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

nerd.gif

yea this was just being discussed on espn radio

Oh wordd, Yeah thats where I heard it from lolz
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

nerd.gif

If this really happened and if LeBron is serious about the Knicks, I wonder who would be "his man"?

Originally Posted by bijald0331

nerd.gif

If this really happened and if LeBron is serious about the Knicks, I wonder who would be "his man"?
I guess his robin to his batman would be D wade aka flash
smokin.gif

I think it's Amare anyway.

Bosh seems intent on being part of a S&T to get the max amount of money. And LeBron/Wade I just don't see.

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

After reviewing the scenario of Lebron in a _'Antoni offense, Toney does seem like a "perfect" fit. He plays D & hits open shots. Son really doesn't have to do much more than that besides an occasional foray into the paint to dish or layup. I think we can develop him into a very serviceable and reliable player. We would be forced to insert him into the starting lineup if no PG finds his way here.

Toney
Lebron
Gallo
Amar'e
*%$! these n's still gotta get a CENTER
mad.gif
mad.gif

A defensive PG & C would work wonders for a team tying up loose ends.

In other news, does Rautins make the roster? There are plenty of seats. I see the Knicks have taken Lee off of season ticket commercials & probably the site (although I haven't checked there in a while)
frown.gif
 Just imagine if Eddy Curry actually plays and returns back to his 06-07 form?  I know he isn't a good defensive player, but having all that size clog up the middle would be good.  Plus, it would be a contract year, so one would assume he would play hard, especially considering rumors of him being in a bad financial situation.  He lost a ton of weight last season but his knees have been problematic.  I know it's Eddy Curry so we all know not to expect much, but can't help it I guess.

Rautins should make the roster if he has a good summer league/training camp.  Knicks are gonna need to fill up the empty roster spots with minimum salary players.  Plus, they're going to need to get some more shooters.  I have a feeling they're gonna be forced to trade Gallo by the end of next season so that they would have enough salary cap space to make a run at another max free agent next season (ie Tony Parker, Carmello)

this dude chris doucheard does and say everything about all the teams but never does NEW YORK come out of his mouth....

he discussed all possibilities of sign/trades but never once pointed out a sign/trade to NEW YORK for bosh...

never once mentioned the possibility of Lebron going to NY....

kinda fishy...that he totally neglects NY....maybe he is actually going to NY just doesn't want the knicks fans or organization to get any good media coverage...

nonetheless he is the biggest douche on ESPN to me now after all this free agency stuff..

Originally Posted by PapaPrem

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

After reviewing the scenario of Lebron in a _'Antoni offense, Toney does seem like a "perfect" fit. He plays D & hits open shots. Son really doesn't have to do much more than that besides an occasional foray into the paint to dish or layup. I think we can develop him into a very serviceable and reliable player. We would be forced to insert him into the starting lineup if no PG finds his way here.

Toney
Lebron
Gallo
Amar'e
*%$! these n's still gotta get a CENTER
mad.gif
mad.gif

A defensive PG & C would work wonders for a team tying up loose ends.

In other news, does Rautins make the roster? There are plenty of seats. I see the Knicks have taken Lee off of season ticket commercials & probably the site (although I haven't checked there in a while)
frown.gif
 Just imagine if Eddy Curry actually plays and returns back to his 06-07 form?

Shut the hell up...lets not play this imagine game any more...rather kurt thomas be our center again

we pay the dude to do black history month commercials

Flip floppin' *** dude man

now this clown talking about we gonna get lebron or d wade along with amare and melo next year
indifferent.gif

We honestly have a better chance of trading for CP3 then getting Wade, LBJ, Bosh, and Amare to all take paycuts and sign with us... than to ever see Eddy Curry be a productive member of the Knicks.

Yea, please, if you're going to get into pipe dreams, leave Fatman Eddy Curry out of it
laugh.gif
. He's a guaranteed phantom injury or something stupid like that.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

We honestly have a better chance of trading for CP3 then getting Wade, LBJ, Bosh, and Amare to all take paycuts and sign with us... than to ever see Eddy Curry be a productive member of the Knicks.

Melo, LBJ, and Amare won't be taking any paycuts if melo is traded for though.

Back
Top Bottom