LeBron James may return to the Cavaliers, but Chris Bosh doesn’t want to go with him.

The Raptors and Cavaliers have worked out a deal that would send Bosh to Cleveland, but the power forward is not interested in playing there, according to an ESPN.com report. The Cavaliers appear the favorite to bring back their favorite son, but James has been unable to convince Bosh to join him.

The report states, “Both James and Bosh are aware that such a trade is possible, and James has tried to recruit Bosh to the Cavaliers several times in the past few weeks, according to sources.

"But right now, Bosh remains cold to the idea of playing in Cleveland.

Originally Posted by DubA169

Alan Hahn

With rumors alive as we wait, I'll say it again: we in the media are being played. Some more than others. Pawns in a detailed strategy. 20 minutes ago via web

I would have never guessed such a thing.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by JonnyBlazeNyc

^ Clearly which is why the official fan list was made. I love the quotes of " O well I didn't know there was an official knicks thread" or " I don't need to be on that list to rep my team" All that blah blah blah. Get out of here with those shenanigans. If Lebron signs here, we're going to have a thousand " Knick " fans who " were always knick fans but....umm..I never posted in the Sports Training." or " Well....yeah.....I was hibernating for a while, but you know my loyalty is there!" Some of the excuses that'll come up will be entertaining to say the least.
Who really cares though?
That is just what happens when you get an iconic player of that caliber.

4/15m is not a bad contract at all. That's less than the NBA average and MLE, plus a pg with experience is always a nice piece for trades. They didn't overpay. This is pro sports. Less than 4m a year is nothing.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Alan Hahn

With rumors alive as we wait, I'll say it again: we in the media are being played. Some more than others. Pawns in a detailed strategy. 20 minutes ago via web

I would have never guessed such a thing.
eyes.gif
i don't think the average person thinks the media is being played. IF he signs with the knicks, there will be a crazy amount of conspiracy talk.

boussard better be fired if we end up with him, but instead he will probably be promoted

LeBron James may return to the Cavaliers, but Chris Bosh doesn’t want to go with him.

The Raptors and Cavaliers have worked out a deal that would send Bosh to Cleveland, but the power forward is not interested in playing there, according to an ESPN.com report. The Cavaliers appear the favorite to bring back their favorite son, but James has been unable to convince Bosh to join him.

The report states, “Both James and Bosh are aware that such a trade is possible, and James has tried to recruit Bosh to the Cavaliers several times in the past few weeks, according to sources.

"But right now, Bosh remains cold to the idea of playing in Cleveland.

Brian Cashman is right. LeBron James will be a Knick, news conference at Madison Square Garden on Thursday.
There is no breaking news here. For that, go to Tommy Dee's TheKnicksBlog.com, which is distinguishing itself as indispensable during this Summer of LeBron.

The only thing informing this opinion is common sense. The King needs a castle, and Manhattan is the best in the world, towering over the other contenders. It is downright comical how backwater hacks -- looking at you Skip Bayless -- are discounting completely the possibility that the Knicks are even contenders for James' services.

ESPN's Chris Broussard actually worked for The New York Times, but he is officially missing the point. Even if this trolling of New York and the Knicks is discarded, Broussard still said Tuesday on ESPN that the Knicks' best-case starting lineup with James includes Eddy Curry.

Don't forget the Nets, who are the perfect foil for media people who want to stick it to New York because it's the Knicks that are and will forever be New York -- not the Nets, now or ever.

Let's be real: Working in Brooklyn offers all the tax disadvantages of New York City with some fraction of the benefits. There's a reason that Manhattan is synonymous with New York City.

Yes, James will be in Newark for only two years assuming there are no construction delays in one of the toughest places in the world to build anything. That may be "only" to us, but it's 40 percent of the length of the contract that James will sign. James isn't signing a 30-year lease.

But this is a business. So follow the money. Forbes said it best, through Interbrand (a company whose business is valuing brands like the one James wants to become). The bottom line: James should expect to make $983 million if he signs with the Knicks and finishes his career here -- that's $284 million more than second-place Cleveland. (Cleveland beats Chicago because Michael Jordan already owns Chicago, so winning a title there is worth far less than winning one in New York or even Cleveland.)

Read that again: $284 million. Yes, James will be paying more in taxes, but not $284 million worth. We should all have the problem of figuring out the tax liability for that kind of income.

Again, the media discounted this sort of persuasiveness by saying that Turtle and whoever else is in James' "Entourage" were bored. What did James' Ari Gold think?

Players can't make money if the team stinks. But no team with James can stink -- he's worth about 20 wins by himself. The Knicks have Amar'e Stoudemire in tow. Economist and NBA analyst David Berri says that Stoudemire is worth 8.6 wins, or about half what David Lee is worth per season. Why is a complicated question. There's a fair probability that these types of formulas do not reasonably weigh the structure of team play. So people can at least argue that Stoudemire is a better fit for the Knicks system and for James and thus will close the gap. Remember, too, that the Knicks can do a sign-and-trade with Lee and get another good player.

We keep hearing about the quality of the Knicks point guards. The Jordan/James/Magic Johnson player never plays with a dominant point guard because they want the ball in their hands for much of the game. So all the Knicks need someone to cross the timeline and then man the perimeter like B.J. Armstrong used to do for the Bulls. Toney Douglas is perfect for this -- he shoots about 40 percent from beyond the 3-point-line and has enough ballhandling ability and speed to quickly make the handoff to James.

But the biggest reason why it's the best basketball decision for James to come to New York is Curry -- the secret weapon. He comes off the books after this year. So he can be traded at any point to a team seeking future cap relief or let go in June to create more cap room for next year's free-agent class. New York would have almost enough for another max contract. Most importantly, he protects James from a change in the collective bargaining agreement that creates a hard cap. James knows that the Knicks will go over the cap if nothing changes. But only the Knicks from among all his suitors can also stay within the cap to get a third big player (or fourth if you count Danilo Gallinari).

Bottom line: The teams that say they have a better team than the Knicks may not necessarily have the better team with James, especially in 2011. James should want the high likelihood of winning 50 games in his first season and then being able to fill a known need in either the second half of Year 1 or next summer.

Michael Salfino writes for the Wall Street Journal and Yahoo! and is a regular contributor to SNY.tv.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Four years for Duhon though? That's borderline ******ed.
Eh.. considering their past backups have been Anthony Johnson, Rafer Alston, and ancient J-Will, I don't think it's that bad to lock him up for four years.  He'll be able to run the 2nd unit and just do his job, which is to be an average backup.  Orlando played it safe and snatched him up quick so they know they have some PG depth.

Otis Smith hasn't been shy about paying, and if the owners are ok with it then why not.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

he is just fine as a back up PG tho

The money per not really complaning about it's just the length of the contract that's kinda confusing to me.

4/15m is not a bad contract at all. That's less than the NBA average and MLE, plus a pg with experience is always a nice piece for trades. They didn't overpay. This is pro sports. Less than 4m a year is nothing.
Sure its not a lot of money but the Magic are already over the cap so they be paying extra for every dollar they spend.

My point is why not just resign J-Will (who did a decent job for them last season) and use all of that money they saved to resign a couple of their FA's like Barnes and Reddick.

Heck they have A. Johnson as their 3rd string pg sitting on the bench all season and he do a capable job as the backup pg for a fraction of the cost.

i could be wrong. but if i was in his position i would be pulling the strings of the media in a similar fashion. from the very beginning things seemed planned and calculated

alanhahn
So I'm told this is really LeBron's new twitter account: @KingJames New website, new twitter. What's next, his own show on MSG Network?
1 minute ago via web

hahahha

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

he is just fine as a back up PG tho

The money per not really complaning about it's just the length of the contract that's kinda confusing to me.
i mean Nelson does get hurt alot so he would start at times, not a bad deal for money and length

Originally Posted by AirAlphabet

Sure its not a lot of money but the Magic are already over the cap so they be paying extra for every dollar they spend.

My point is why not just resign J-Will (who did a decent job for them last season) and use all of that money they saved to resign a couple of their FA's like Barnes and Reddick.

Heck they have A. Johnson as their 3rd string pg sitting on the bench all season and he do a capable job as the backup pg for a fraction of the cost.

"This is a pretty good signing for Orlando. The team found a quality backup point guard and did not have to spend most of its mid-level exception to get him. It gives the Magic plenty of space to still resign JJ Redick and possibly retain Matt Barnes with the rest of the mid-level exception."

They can resign JJ and go over the cap because of bird rights. Idk how they'd sign Barnes with the money left over... he's bound to get better offers (Not that he's really worth it)

I don't know much about Anthony Johnson.

Oh and Dub, that's why I am hear. To give above-average insights
happy.gif

Chris is a solid back up and a good fit for the Magic, he's only 27 and they didn't give him a ton of $. Decent job by the Magic, JJ's the next priority and I'm a little surprised no one's at least got him an offer sheet yet...

No way do the Magic want AJ as their full time 2nd PG, not a chance. J-Will was solid but too streaky and age is a concern.

Duhon is younger and will be fine if all he has to do is play the pick and roll with D12 and pass to open shooters.

Why not try to do a S&T with the spurs? Duncan is getting up there with age and the spurs need to start thinking about their future as well. We should try to send Dlee to the spurs for tony parker. Dlee can grow under coach pops system they got over there. I would want no part of ellis on my team, his turnovers is killer. Tony parker is the way better option if the spurs are willing to part with him of course. Tp9 has won rings and is a championship pedigree type of pg. He can flourish even more under dantoni's system. I remember when finley was there they just cut him loose in respect to him so the spurs organization is very respectable. I think if parker really wanted to come to ny (as some reports are showing) I would see the spurs trying to accomadate him on route to ny.

Btw i am confident we will get lebron, yea i said it. Bron and amare on the pick and roll would be the nastiest p&r in the league.
pimp.gif

Why not try to do a S&T with the spurs? Duncan is getting up there with age and the spurs need to start thinking about their future as well. We should try to send Dlee to the spurs for tony parker. Dlee can grow under coach pops system they got over there. I would want no part of ellis on my team, his turnovers is killer. Tony parker is the way better option if the spurs are willing to part with him of course. Tp9 has won rings and is a championship pedigree type of pg. He can flourish even more under dantoni's system. I remember when finley was there they just cut him loose in respect to him so the spurs organization is very respectable. I think if parker really wanted to come to ny (as some reports are showing) I would see the spurs trying to accomadate him on route to ny.

Btw i am confident we will get lebron, yea i said it. Bron and amare on the pick and roll would be the nastiest p&r in the league.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom