24 Looking to build Credit... What are some good tips on your first Credit Card

Not a moment too soon! It was -30 this winter. Negative 30.
So this you making your way home tonight...
giphy.gif

:lol:

Consider a credit union. They'll have better offers on their lending products.

I've got a credit union checking and savings and they're fine for what they are. No BS fees and savings even gets a modest .5% apy. However I did open a chase checking a couple years ago and got $300 for doing so. Plus there's hella locations and zelle connectivity and I usually get my direct deposits a day before my co-workers. If you meet the requirements and don't mind big banks I'd go with chase over BOA.

How do miles work on travel credit cards?

My statement says I have 5k miles..

A flight from DC to Japan is like 7k miles... does that mean most of my flight will be covered for?

How do miles work on travel credit cards?

My statement says I have 5k miles..

A flight from DC to Japan is like 7k miles... does that mean most of my flight will be covered for?

Depends what card do you have? And what airline you looking for?

I never heard of any International Flights being as low as 7K miles, usually they are maybe 25K one way off peak season.

Barclays closed a card of mine I never used, it's not my oldest trade line, any adverse affect on my score?

Good thing I checked my cash back rewards expiration yesterday. I wouldve lost $700 since its 3yrs after this month.

Which card is this? Almost all cards rewards don't expire as long as the account is open and in good standing.

Barclays closed a card of mine I never used, it's not my oldest trade line, any adverse affect on my score?

Depends. It will definitely decrease your aggregate credit limit and affect your utilization, which may affect your score if your utilization gets too high.

I just paid 90K for July SF to Dubai - 7k would be crazy cheap

Mind sharing details about which cards points system? Did you transfer points? Which airline? Which class? I'm planning a trip to Dubai for October and would like to get an idea of which route to take. Would like to fly Emirates business or first class.

Mind sharing details about which cards points system? Did you transfer points? Which airline? Which class? I'm planning a trip to Dubai for October and would like to get an idea of which route to take. Would like to fly Emirates business or first class.

Emirates Biz Class, Chase

Came out to 98k I believe (bought for my sister as a bday gift)

I traveled around the world for the last 18 months for work so have a ton of points to use.

Td is about to close one of mine too. I don’t remember the login info so I’m just gonna let it rock :lol: I have like 10 cards and like 8 were applied for around the same time so I don’t think I’ll take too much of a hit to my score

Which card is this? Almost all cards rewards don't expire as long as the account is open and in good standing.

Depends. It will definitely decrease your aggregate credit limit and affect your utilization, which may affect your score if your utilization gets too high.
With us bank. It's an active card I frequently use also. Their policy is 36 months regardless. I double checked discover didnt have after lol

Yo bros

So what do you guys do with the accounts you transferred your balance with?

Do u just put small charges on it to keep it open?

Back
Top Bottom