25 and older Jordan heads

37 yr old here. First J's were the white/red XII in 97, then started buying the jumpmans. Had the XIII and kept it in box til about 2001. I used to be all about the retros, as they were kicks that I grew up on but couldnt afford. Remember my first real kicks were Georgetown dunks bought from Marshalls.

I usually wore all my kicks except for the XIII's, but my sneaker buying days are over. I do like to cop all black J's so I can rock to work. Matter of fact, I'm rockin my all black Alpha 1 low's. Goes great with khaki's.

Im 28 and I would sell my entire collection right now if i thought I could make a buck...

no j/k...rock your kicks and love it

I'm glad I was born when I was to experience both hip-hop and sneakers in its height of quality and purist form.
Me too. You mentioned you're 33 and I'm 32 myself. I know everyone says this and it's pretty cliché, but I am so thankful I was able to see MJ's entire career. I look at kids lining up for Jordans these days and I think to myself that 90% of you probably never saw MJ in a Bulls uniform.

I mean not just MJ, we got to see Griffey Jr, Barry Sanders, Bo Jackson, Deion Sanders, Jerry Rice etc etc etc.

Me too. You mentioned you're 33 and I'm 32 myself. I know everyone says this and it's pretty cliché, but I am so thankful I was able to see MJ's entire career. I look at kids lining up for Jordans these days and I think to myself that 90% of you probably never saw MJ in a Bulls uniform.

I mean not just MJ, we got to see Griffey Jr, Barry Sanders, Bo Jackson, Deion Sanders, Jerry Rice etc etc etc.

...Mike Tyson, Andre Agassi, the 1992 Dream Team, Wayne Gretzky... the list goes on and on.

I love this thread. I don't feel as old lol
LOL same here. It's like a support group for senior sneakerheads lol
laugh.gif

Heads up....MJs old games on NBA TV now. The 88 playoffs now. The white cement 3s in game
Thanks for the heads-up!  I'm watching now.

I know it's hard to tell because of the quality of the old video, but he's actually wearing the fire red 3's.

I thought cement at first then a close up I saw it did look like the fire reds.
It's really hard to tell.  I'm actually not 100% sure they're the fire reds now.  I thought I caught a glimpse of a close up and saw that they were the fire reds, but I'm just not sure.  

They look like fire reds, the elephant print looks too dark. Nice to be reminded of Hot Rod Williams' Smart Guy haircut 
laugh.gif

Yeah, those are the fire reds. MJ rolled over on the floor arguing a call and I got a clean look at them.

People slept on Mark Price. Just sayin...

Yeah I saw that when he got mad at the call. Definitely fire reds. Side note this was Scotties coming out party

Pro Wings/XJ 900's were that early 90's swag. NO doubt.

I didn't know wearing knockoffs, jeepers, Bo-Bos, cheap imitations, fakes basically... That EVERYONE knew was bought from Payless and visually categorized you as part of the lowest socio-economic class = "Swag"...

I only wish so back then.

:lol:

Last edited:
I didn't know wearing knockoffs, jeepers, Bo-Bos, cheap imitations, fakes basically... That EVERYONE knew was bought from Payless and visually categorized you as part of the lowest socio-economic class = "Swag"...

I only wish so back then.

:lol:

Mom always made me get my PE shoes from Payless. I hated wearing those shoes. She did always get me 1 pair of usually whatever I wantedi inthe beginning of school year and around Spring time. Can't really complain too much she always hooked me up.

i remember my mom getting me a pair of adidas knockoffs... 4 stripes instead of 3, because my parents didn't have much money. This was like in 5th grade and my friends would always tease me about it. My first pair of real nikes were black/white and yellow Air Assaults, i forget what year. The year 1990 will always be in my heart... my first pair of Js were the Black Vs... my parents were doing better financially and they also got me a pair of Air Trainers (Bo was huge) and some DavidRobinson Air Force shoes (not the pump one) that year. I love going down memory lane and thank my parents for treating me good.

I'm currently working at a deli part time for some extra scratch, anyways while I was at work I'm wearing my Jordan 14 forest green. Anyways this 18 yr old kid who is shooting the breeze with me goes and says how he only collects og kicks and sells them for money and swears he's not a hype beast, he was asking about my own personal collection and why I won't sell mine and why I wear them. My question to the older Jordan heads is this do any of you guys still wear your Jordan's no matter how old an or rare. And 2 would you sell your collection if the offer was well worth it?
Hell yeah i would sell them!! They are sneakers! They will get yellowed and crumble eventually. It's nice to have a while then sell.
Buuuut if they were my OG pair from when I was a little kid no way would I sell them.

I'm 25. I remember the first pair of sneakers I ever liked were the Griffey II's, but I didn't get them as a kid. It wasn't until 2001 when I got the white/red Jordan XI lows that I had my first really nice sneaker.

Fast forward, and I still buy sneaker. I took a little hiatus when I went to college because I was just involved in that world, but when I got close to graduating, I started to get back into it. The shoes that did it for me: Playoff XIII's and Griffeys that I saw goons wearing at the club. I looked into them and then it got me jumpstarted all over again.

I wear all my shoes. They're in their boxes, and I don't put any in clear displays or boxes to show them off as collector's pieces. However, there are a ton of shoes I haven't worn, but it's not because they're off limits.

I'm currently working at a deli part time for some extra scratch, anyways while I was at work I'm wearing my Jordan 14 forest green. Anyways this 18 yr old kid who is shooting the breeze with me goes and says how he only collects og kicks and sells them for money and swears he's not a hype beast, he was asking about my own personal collection and why I won't sell mine and why I wear them. My question to the older Jordan heads is this do any of you guys still wear your Jordan's no matter how old an or rare. And 2 would you sell your collection if the offer was well worth it?
I'm 39 and I have worn and still wear all my kicks excpet the Shadow 1s (I'm in no rush).  My first Jordans were the black 17s I got for $99 at the outlet (I could never get that shroud to stay put).  The next pair I bought were the white/red 2s (I believe) after that I got pretty deep into kicks buying every Jordan that I like untill the XX3s.  Then I slowed down after seeing all the bread I was spending and got into buying Dunks from outlets.  I have had a recent unkick in shoe buying in the past 8 months with only 2 pairs of Jordans (black bottom 9 and shadow 1) in the batch of maybe 10-12 pairs bought.  It's too much of a headache to get new Jordans now so unless it's something I really want or a good price I'm passing besides I can't even wear them all anyway.  

As far as ever selling my kicks I doubt it because I'm a hoarder at heart.

Think that is bad. I remember around 98-99 when the maroon and sport blue six released. An old shop in Charleston, SC called the sportsmans shop had a table full for $50 on clearance. Didn't like the colors so I left them on the table. Smh. If I only knew then what I know now.
Ahhhh bro, the Sportsman's Shop! Port City stand up!

Back
Top Bottom