27 Things You Had To Deal With As The Only Black Kid In Your Class

Even on my sick days I was still picked 1st for basketball at recess! :smh: 4th & 5th grade in Pennsylvania amish country.

Did any of yall lie and make up **** to people when they did **** like this?

I learned it from my older brothers, just starting making up off the wall ****.

People are amazed that I have Sara Bareilles and Norah Jones on my iTunes and I'm a history buff.

I skimmed the thread.......i aint get none of that
I got:

"They let ANYBODY in college these days"

"He must work here"

"I came to college to get away from people like him"

"Wow people actually talk to him"

" hey do u work here?"

"Can i see your id"...give them id. "oh u must work here"

Homeless dude: "yooo i know u aint No student u loook like u skraight out the hood"

"He must be a womanizer"

"Can u teach me how to sell drugs"

Fyi i was in school for 4 years and never worked there until my final 3 months before i graduated in a super secret section on another campus AS A FREAKING SCIENTIST!!!!

That's the second half of my life right there. Real life Everybody Hates Chris. :lol:

I made the poor decision of growing an afro in high school. Kids would ask if they could touch my hair and I straight up told them, "NO" and they still would. The disrespect. I never wanted to react to it and reinforce the stereotype of the angry black man. That inner struggle.

Plus everyone expected me to be an expert on black people and Africa. Man, I live OVER HERE WITH Y'ALL. How am I going to know what they're doing in Africa right now? :lol:

i got called an oreo my entire life always got the "you sound white thing" and the "you're cute for a dark skinned boy"

Last edited:
Just yesterday was driving with my white friend and he was like: hey what's up with black people getting them curves in their hair at the Barber Shop. Does it take long to do? You mean waves? Told him him that u are usually blessed with them or not

I remember being in class with my head down and I over heard my teammates girl and her friend having a convo about one of their homegirls..
The girl was giving up the yambs to a black guy and they proceeded to say how that was gross and how they couldn't believe she was doing something like that.

1."I can't believe she is screwing a black guy, that's just gross... I would never"
2."Blacks should be with blacks and white should be with whites"
3."How does she get turned on by a black guy, I mean ugh thats just plain gross"

I never looked at those two girls the same after that, especially my teammates girl. I strictly said what needed to be said and that was it, never held a convo with her or her friend after that day..

My life is reversed, grew up in a black neighborhood, school was 60/40 blacks to other races. Now that I'm grown and a working man, I hit co workers with the stone face at least once a week. Lol why does everyone assume I ball?!

I literally was one on one with dude that asked me what do I think is wrong with the black community! I was like dawg, not a got damn thing!

O I almost forgot how the most racist comments are lead with " I'm not racist or anything but......"

O I almost forgot how the most racist comments are lead with " I'm not racist or anything but......"

i-dont-always-start-my-sentences-with-im-not-a-racist-but-when-i-do-its-because-im-about-to-say-something-racist.jpg

I've gotten I must work at the school from black people in the city the school located in. When I told them I go to the school, it was a complete 180. Obviously they didn't think that someone black could attend my alma mater which is a shame in itself.

Last edited:
:lol: at some of these stories i literally couldnt imagine growin up like that

This. Good thing I grew up in Brooklyn. Didn't go to school with hardly any white kids until high school when I moved to Florida. and even then I didn't experienced none of the things on that list because there was plenty of black kids at my school. One thing I can say that i've noticed when I went to high school was that at lunch time most of the white kids sat on one side of the cafeteria and most of the black kids sat on the other side of the cafeteria. It wasn't intentional or anything like that it just so happened to be like that I guess. funny thing was nobody really noticed it. it was just the norm. Even my social studies teacher brung it up in class one day and every one in class had the weebay look. I only had one white friend at high school who was Russian and was a rapper (he was pretty good too). The only thing I experienced in school was people teasing me about my Ny accent/slang and dissing up north hiphop saying it's trash. When they see me they would always say "yo what's up son? what's good b?" trying to mock dudes from up north. I never found it funny. I wish there was list for the only kid from up north going to a southern school.

^^ That video tho..smh x LOL at the same time...

I am ALL too familiar with this topic. Was probably a tad worse for me, as I came from k-12 predominately Black; but then did my higher education and professional school at PWIs. Was a straight up culture shock for me. Didnt realize that people could be so ignorant of each other cultures, values, and beliefs. One this is for sure, I realized quick that America is not as diverse as we would like to convince ourselves.

Isn't this what ninjahood fights for here on niketalk? Culture and values?

Had a white woman tell me my waves were beautiful then proceed to rub them in the wrong direction
>:

Being a dreadhead at parties & concerts :smh:

White person: "Is it weird if I want to feel your hair? :wow:"
Me: "Nah, do your thing"
White person: *feels* ":wow: OMG so awesome"

White person: "Is that all real hair?" "How do you maintain it?"

White person: "Dude, you could **** up every person in this place right now, nobody is going to **** with you"
Me: ":evil:"

i got called an oreo my entire life always got the "you sound white thing" and the "you're cute for a dark skinned boy"
God I hate that " you are cute for a dark skin guy" want to go super saiyan a hunnait on that ***
Why can't a ninja just be a handsome guy
I also so hate " you look like insert famous black person", that ish is not a compliment and just adds to the " we all look alike" ish
And fried chicken is the greatest invention known to man, that a grape drank and red kool aid lol

Last edited:
I skimmed the thread.......i aint get none of that
I got:

"They let ANYBODY in college these days"

"He must work here"

"I came to college to get away from people like him"

"Wow people actually talk to him"

" hey do u work here?"

"Can i see your id"...give them id. "oh u must work here"

Homeless dude: "yooo i know u aint No student u loook like u skraight out the hood"

"He must be a womanizer"

"Can u teach me how to sell drugs"

Fyi i was in school for 4 years and never worked there until my final 3 months before i graduated in a super secret section on another campus AS A FREAKING SCIENTIST!!!!

Bro, did you go to school in the 60's?

Had a white woman tell me my waves were beautiful then proceed to rub them in the wrong direction
>:

I remember some older white lady telling me "OMG, you have the most beautiful tan I've ever seen. How did you get it :wow: ?" I told her "by being black.". Talk about going to a screeching halt :lol:

Back
Top Bottom