31 pieces of advice, from a NTer who just turned 31 today... and a $31 giveaway

building a good relationship with a professor def sticks out to me...thank you.

HBD

Couple of good points but a lot of contradictions like you say travel a lot while young and then you mention building credit. When you're young you don't have a lot of money so you have to forego doing fun things in order to save money and have good credit

Great post, I'll play.
Could not have said it better myself. Like OP I had a 2.3 in high school as well. Did not think about college during high school, just lived day to day and did the bare minimum to pass classes.

After finishing high school I had no plans. I had no work lined up, so I decided to take some classes at the local community college. It took me awhile to get in the swing of things, but eventually I started doing well in my classes and had a lot of motivation to succeed. Eventually I applied to transfer and was accepted to both my dream schools, UCLA and UC Berkeley. I am finishing my bachelors in June at UCLA and am proud my hard work is paying off. As a guy with a 2.3 gpa in high school, sometimes it is surreal being surrounded by so many smart students, but I am glad I made it.

It's never too late.

Random photo of the UCLA campus from my phone. I made it when no one thought I would just a few years prior.
View media item 946190[/quote] Amazing :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom