46 months of Collection Evolution Unveiled (updated 10/27/08)Tour x History Lesson pg1

The blue air trainer Sc's are dope. I have been looking for a pair for a while in my size. I almost tried to buy a pair off this dudes feet while waitingmy my coffee one morning. You infrared SC's are holding up well my pair has alot of yellowing on the mid-sole.

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

I started this thread back in June of 2007 with some evolutionary photos of my collection, starting back to 2005, with incremental increases in my collection size. Now yall can take this short evolutionary trek from where I started some 40 months ago and where I am now.

-------------------------
It starts on Jan. 9th 2005 when this 'addiction' began. I was in need of a new pair of shoes and it just so happened that pickyourshoes had some air trainer 1 low 2004 retros. The simplicity of the colorway and price caught my eye. Soon I realize a whole "pack" is made in honor of the air trainer high.. That's where it began. The fascination with tinker hatfield aka the jordan guy, began. But it didnt start with the obvious choice of jordans. The zoom trainer, the orginial air trainer 1, and the firsttake soon followed.
to the true basics.

SCIII:
8b0354c1470d6a76c0a6cb23bf80751ed62a9e8.pjpg
red model.

e5525c0414618cbcceebc6e0aafc87a46b73e14.pjpg

ff43506a48466e87cf55c276b472a7b4aa69d75.pjpg
12815d4b66cacfbc5c74490d81916f99e207047.pjpg
26e1534360ceceb24020a92db466a1ca5222f34.pjpg

You have no idea how jealous I am of these SC Highs.....my holy grail of non j's....

Originally Posted by ArmenExchange

nice trainer collection. interesting fact. the trainer branch of shoes was made targeted at people who were lazy and on the couch all day but wanted the sporty feel. lol

the 3s look kinda suspect. not sure tho.

interesting fact. but based on what i've heard tinker say from various interviews, he saw people, even himself, at the gym with 3-4 different pairs ofshoes. he wanted to alleviate that problem for the GYM demographic and just have one shoe you could do everything in. not sure where you got your info or wasjust messing around, its all good though. Seeing as how I see more overweight unathletic jordan heads in their bball shoes doing non bball, id tend to sayjordans would be on the same level with your thinking.

about the jordan IIIs, im pretty sure there legit. yellowing on heel tab, prod. date is damn near touching the barcode on the tongue tag.
83c15e4c63c5c4b3ddd4a22aa4521d7b39a9a95.pjpg
5b11534c60c1c6b39353fad52bc36f7b80b5200.pjpg

the swoosh wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The blue air trainer Sc's are dope. I have been looking for a pair for a while in my size. I almost tried to buy a pair off this dudes feet while waiting my my coffee one morning. You infrared SC's are holding up well my pair has alot of yellowing on the mid-sole.
yeah man. ive been lucky many times on ebay. not many either search or want some of these bo trainers. the Kc royals colored bo sc's kindafell into my lap.. The infrareds from a distance look almost wearable. im so tempted. but the midsole has a sliver of foam ready to explode outward on thefirst wear..

solaradream wrote:
---------------------------------------------
You have no idea how jealous I am of these SC Highs.....my holy grail of non j's....
honestly if you have some interest in the sz 13 infrareds let me know. I paid under 100 and would just want my money back. I love them but ifthere are some people out there fiending for them, they can be sold without remorse from me.

quick details: no originial box, no tissue. Just the shoes. as if they were bought from a thrift store rack. There is no bleeding like many many many of theold bo jackson sc's. thats a big surprise. contact me if theres interest.

bro you killed it with those OG trainer Max 91's, damn i miss my pair, the fit the suede ahhhhhhhhh........

Bonjour all,

B.I.G. Respect Wally, Thanks for sharing your wonderful collec.
It's cool to see guys over there rockin' some Trainers...

I'm a part of a "team" right here in Paris, France, called "ATiens" = some huge Air Trainers lovers and "connaisseurs".
AT's for life.

Paix

WatH - well done... I look foreward to your collection post with more detailed pics...
laugh.gif

the shoe buying never ends. I got some time out of my schedule to set up a "family shot". the evolution continues, albeit slower than I would like.

those ultraflights are breaking my heart right now, i wish i got more than 1 pair
frown.gif

and nice stuff man. you know a lot of your air trainers with the whole history lesson and all.

awesome collection wally...silent but deadly style. love it! you reminded me of what i used to love about collecting.

nice stuff up there too WatH

smh.gif
pimp.gif

But wait... something's missing! A journey to see the wild animals in Africa perhaps???
laugh.gif

wonder why Nike had a different shade of grey on their Air Trainer FT's... a hint of brown in there...

you know whats funny sinnerp, and maybe this has happened to others, but I spotted a THIRD pair of ds 2000 chlorophylls last night as I was opening up boxes.My 4/27 update shows just two. I checked my paypal history, it shows just one being bought in feburary. Was that the 2nd or the 3rd pair? where did i losecount? i will never know. im the happiest man alive right now though. its sad but with current nike trends, its my best insurance policy. With that said, If Ican get a good offer on that third pair, my african journey will be fulfilled.

I dont know about their being brown in there on the FTs. i guess its my lighting. its definetly a monotone grey and the midsole having some hints of blue. Idhave to go back to the zoom trainer 1 NIKE video with tinker and tom in it ( http://www.freshnessmag.com/content/features/files/0904/rebirth/index023.php). Which in the background shows some sketches. A few of which are the FTs:
c941554e6ececab9e95cec789679e306bdf612c.pjpg

of course the final product was the one on the bottom right.

better photo:
ad2153406ac6c5b2049c445e898fe3b7634a500.pjpg

I could see them going colorwise, with something similar to the trainer 1 low. zero hints of black, just variations of grey. But i do know since i own the2004 havens, and the zoom trainers, the grey in the FTs are of the same pallette of grey as the other two shoes.

WatH,loving that photo. whos pair of michigan trainer 1s?
thanks again guys

Man...

I need one pair of this Air Zoom Trainer 1 Mid... Hard to find here in Europe or via eBay.

Back
Top Bottom