Originally Posted by snakeyes17

Originally Posted by BC2310

Originally Posted by NikeVandal

COMPUTATIONAL KNOWLEDGE ENGINE > My ALGEBRA

youre trying to tell me your toyota corolla is better than my ferrari
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
I do not trust the german site and it's feasible that any math software would use both signs interchangeably which is incorrect. 
Unfortunately the og division symbol is so old and played out it has little relevance today, until some trolling genius came up with this poorly written 'simple' equation.

Why do you think it's written that way everywhere? and not with / ?  with / it's 288 with the og division symbol it's 2.

let's be real U Mad b/c I made fun of your all cap know it all message board style
glasses.gif
Oh I'm sorry let's disregard the greatest computer innovation of 2009 according to Popular Science.
I'm sure this website running on over 10,000 computers is sure to get the wrong answer to a simple algebra problem.
And it gets 288 if you use ÷ or / in the problem.
But let's go with a no name website myalgebra.com....yeah.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Originally Posted by Klipschorn

TEAM288 REPRESENT.
Thank you MathGod 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

hope this lulls Crux to sleep 
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

also, smh at not knowing the other night, was sleepy

This is correct. Distribution is a function of multiplication. You must perform division first in this problem.

Originally Posted by kingcrux31

Thank you MathGod 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Distributing a number NOT DIRECTLY ATTACHED to ( ) is WRONG.

It's becoming more and more evident how many of you don't know what you're talking about.
laugh.gif
Actually, you're wrong.
But I could predict your response would just be "Troll
laugh.gif
" .......
indifferent.gif
Show proof then. 
eyes.gif

That's right. You can't because what I stated is a fact.

You distribute 48 instead of 2? Worst explanation for 288.
laugh.gif

Again, you should remove yourself from this conversation if you're only posting 288 because Wolfram Alpha, Google and your calculator gave you 288.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
I do not trust the german site and it's feasible that any math software would use both signs interchangeably which is incorrect. 
Unfortunately the og division symbol is so old and played out it has little relevance today, until some trolling genius came up with this poorly written 'simple' equation.

Why do you think it's written that way everywhere? and not with / ?  with / it's 288 with the og division symbol it's 2.

let's be real U Mad b/c I made fun of your all cap know it all message board style
glasses.gif
Oh I'm sorry let's disregard the greatest computer innovation of 2009 according to Popular Science.
I'm sure this website running on over 10,000 computers is sure to get the wrong answer to a simple algebra problem.

Originally Posted by Klipschorn

TEAM288 REPRESENT.
Thank you MathGod 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

nerd.gif
nerd.gif

This is correct. Distribution is a function of multiplication. You must perform division first in this problem.

Thank you MathGod 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Distributing a number NOT DIRECTLY ATTACHED to ( ) is WRONG.

It's becoming more and more evident how many of you don't know what you're talking about.
laugh.gif
Actually, you're wrong.
But I could predict your response would just be "Troll
laugh.gif
" .......
indifferent.gif
Show proof then. 
eyes.gif

laugh.gif

Again, you should remove yourself from this conversation if you're only posting 288 because Wolfram Alpha, Google and your calculator gave you 288.

Originally Posted by franchise3

Team 2 and Team 288, to quote the great Jay-Z:

'A wise man told me not to argue with fools, because people from a distance, can't tell who is who'

Point is, it's getting pointless. Nobody is changing anybody's minds. It's time to move on
laugh.gif
Exactly..

Lock this thread up PLEASE

Originally Posted by franchise3

Team 2 and Team 288, to quote the great Jay-Z:

'A wise man told me not to argue with fools, because people from a distance, can't tell who is who'

Point is, it's getting pointless. Nobody is changing anybody's minds. It's time to move on
laugh.gif
Exactly..

Lock this thread up PLEASE

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

glasses.gif

Ok, like your boy said earlier.  wolframalpha is a Ferrari and myalgebra is a corolla.  
You know what happens when you drive a Ferrari too slow? It %$!*! up the engine 
laugh.gif

I feel like I've been the most reasonable person for both sides. 

There is a difference between the signs. No one can answer my question about why the old symbol is used on every forum thread title instead of /

If you read my all caps like I was mad I'm not, I understand both sides of the argument. I was just pointing out how dude was coming off.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

glasses.gif

Ok, like your boy said earlier.  wolframalpha is a Ferrari and myalgebra is a corolla.  
You know what happens when you drive a Ferrari too slow? It %$!*! up the engine 
laugh.gif

I feel like I've been the most reasonable person for both sides. 

There is a difference between the signs. No one can answer my question about why the old symbol is used on every forum thread title instead of /

If you read my all caps like I was mad I'm not, I understand both sides of the argument. I was just pointing out how dude was coming off.

Showing your solution on paper > Wolfram, Google and your fancy calculator combined.

288 is wrong because the original problem shows 2(9+3), NOT 48(9+3).

Showing your solution on paper > Wolfram, Google and your fancy calculator combined.

Where exactly did you read that the division symbol = fraction?

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

- WAT?

........you have GOT to be kidding me?

- WAT?

........you have GOT to be kidding me?

eek.gif

Because divisions are fractions, cuz

eek.gif
sick.gif

Numerator    = Dividend

Denominator = Divisor

eek.gif

Because divisions are fractions, cuz

eek.gif
sick.gif

Numerator    = Dividend

Denominator = Divisor

Show proof then. 
eyes.gif

laugh.gif

You can't even comprehend what has been said.
48 instead of 2? Uh, no.
Distribution is multiplying the inside times by the outside term. Why would you do that without performing division. You would distribute 24 to 9 and 24 to 3.
And on your paper? Why you throwing the 2(9+3) into the denominator? It isn't, or it would be (2(9+3)) or [2(9+3)].

Funny, you can get the same answer on paper, in a calculator, on Google, on Wolfram Alpha, and from credible sources.
Yet....where do you get 2 from? Improperly performing mathematical calculations? Making up rules? Restructuring the problem to your liking?
Using a website called myalgebra.com ?
laugh.gif

Show proof then. 
eyes.gif

laugh.gif

You can't even comprehend what has been said.
48 instead of 2? Uh, no.
Distribution is multiplying the inside times by the outside term. Why would you do that without performing division. You would distribute 24 to 9 and 24 to 3.
And on your paper? Why you throwing the 2(9+3) into the denominator? It isn't, or it would be (2(9+3)) or [2(9+3)].

Funny, you can get the same answer on paper, in a calculator, on Google, on Wolfram Alpha, and from credible sources.
Yet....where do you get 2 from? Improperly performing mathematical calculations? Making up rules? Restructuring the problem to your liking?
Using a website called myalgebra.com ?
laugh.gif

Not+Sure+if+serious.jpg

Not+Sure+if+serious.jpg

Back
Top Bottom