48÷2(9+3) = ???

Originally Posted by kingcrux31

Originally Posted by CertifiedSW

It's useless because you can't even refute the notes that I posted. You can't even tell the difference between the two problems.
THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE. 
Again...

You're changing the problem. There is no way in hell that the sign makes a difference in the problem. They BOTH mean divide.
1/2 = 0.5

1÷ 2 = 0.5

Does it not????

The signs are the exact same. 

Follow the steps.

Add what is parentheses first.

Now you are left with 48/2(12) or 48 Ã· 2(12)

E

M or D

A or S

Left to right.

Divide first. 48/2 = 24 or, if you prefer, 48÷2 = 24

Multiply last, 24 x 12 = 288. 

You are the king of trolls. 

Originally Posted by VietStar

Kingcrux, / and ÷ are the same signs for division.

Did I say otherwise? It's you who can't read a simple math problem properly. Again, the only way you're gonna get 288 is if 48(9+3)÷2 but the OG problem is [h3]48÷2(9+3) [/h3]

Everyone is getting 288 by looking at the original problem and  following the order of operations and not assuming that 2(9+3) is a special grouping for some random reason.  The (9+3) can, in fact, be seen either as a number multiplied by the result of 48÷2. We are applying basic math rules, and considering the division sign as a simple division between the two numbers around it. Nothing strange, and nothing worth explaining. It's simply correct. Argue that.

Did I say otherwise? It's you who can't read a simple math problem properly. Again, the only way you're gonna get 288 is if 48(9+3)÷2 but the OG problem is [h3]48÷2(9+3) [/h3]

Everyone is getting 288 by looking at the original problem and  following the order of operations and not assuming that 2(9+3) is a special grouping for some random reason.  The (9+3) can, in fact, be seen either as a number multiplied by the result of 48÷2. We are applying basic math rules, and considering the division sign as a simple division between the two numbers around it. Nothing strange, and nothing worth explaining. It's simply correct. Argue that.

Originally Posted by FlipnKraut

120 pages??? seriously? If this thread gets to 288 pages, then 288 is the answer, until then the answer is 2.

But the answer is 288 to begin with though. 

Originally Posted by FlipnKraut

120 pages??? seriously? If this thread gets to 288 pages, then 288 is the answer, until then the answer is 2.

But the answer is 288 to begin with though. 

THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE. 
Again...

You're changing the problem. There is no way in hell that the sign makes a difference in the problem. They BOTH mean divide.
1/2 = 0.5

1÷ 2 = 0.5

Does it not????

Follow the steps.

E

M or D

A or S

Left to right.

Go study fractions first before you post again. The example you posted is totally different from the original problem. I didn't change anything. You just don't know how to read [h3]48÷2(9+3) properly.[/h3]

THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE. 
Again...

1/2 = 0.5

1÷ 2 = 0.5

Does it not????

Follow the steps.

E

M or D

A or S

Left to right.

Go study fractions first before you post again. The example you posted is totally different from the original problem. I didn't change anything. You just don't know how to read [h3]48÷2(9+3) properly.[/h3]

Originally Posted by inspectah derek

Simple. Does the original problem say 48(9+3) or 2(9+3)?

Originally Posted by inspectah derek

Simple. Does the original problem say 48(9+3) or 2(9+3)?

Krux, post up a picture of you inputting 48÷2(9+3) into your calculator and the result. If it comes out to 2, I'll defect to Team 2. 

Krux, post up a picture of you inputting 48÷2(9+3) into your calculator and the result. If it comes out to 2, I'll defect to Team 2. 

Again...

1/2 = 0.5

1÷ 2 = 0.5

Does it not????

Follow the steps.

E

M or D

A or S

Left to right.

How is my example totally different? All I did was add the 9 and the 3 first. Are you not supposed to do that? Does the addition sign represent something else now?
Me study fractions? 
roll.gif

You need your mod status revoked if you can't solve a math problem as simple as this one. 

Again...

1/2 = 0.5

1÷ 2 = 0.5

Does it not????

Follow the steps.

E

M or D

A or S

Left to right.

How is my example totally different? All I did was add the 9 and the 3 first. Are you not supposed to do that? Does the addition sign represent something else now?
Me study fractions? 
roll.gif

You need your mod status revoked if you can't solve a math problem as simple as this one. 

Originally Posted by durty pancakes

And don't do it on some Casio calculator made in 1965. 

And don't do it on some Casio calculator made in 1965. 

You can stay with 288. I already posted 4 different notes showing why 288 is the wrong answer. I'm not after converting people here. Just sharing the correct answer.

You can stay with 288. I already posted 4 different notes showing why 288 is the wrong answer. I'm not after converting people here. Just sharing the correct answer.

Figures.
laugh.gif

You'll go as far as posting up 4 different handwritten notes but won't take a mere 7 seconds to input a simple calculation into your calculator. 

Admit defeat. 

Figures.
laugh.gif

You'll go as far as posting up 4 different handwritten notes but won't take a mere 7 seconds to input a simple calculation into your calculator. 

Admit defeat. 

Back
Top Bottom