56 year old Detroit man walks about 21 miles per day to get to work...

NT: where we find a way to make everything positive, negative.

Some of you dudes are too much man.
laugh.gif
how is this a positive story?

other than his dedication to get to work on time this guy is the exact opposite of a role model 

Agree with Tr1ll, I mean what's this guy going to do when gas is $4.00, the cost of insurance rises, when his car breaks down because he doesn't take care of it. The guy just got hit up by relatives that he lost touch with now everybody wants a hand out. Sounds like winning a lottery to me.

A lot of "what ifs." There is someone who is going to help manage the funds so he can have a cushion for the days when there are car troubles/insurance/etc.

Agree with Tr1ll, I mean what's this guy going to do when gas is $4.00, the cost of insurance rises, when his car breaks down because he doesn't take care of it. The guy just got hit up by relatives that he lost touch with now everybody wants a hand out. Sounds like winning a lottery to me.
he should buy a tesla 
pimp.gif

So he makes $10.55/hour in 2015.  Minimum wage is now $8.15/hour in Michigan.

His car quit running in 2005.  Minimum wage in Michigan was $5.15/hour at that time.

So I guess we can probably throw the "never got a raise" thing out the window, right?  
eyes.gif
I mean maybe im missing something. what about his bills? cost of a used car, gas?

hes barely making anything. Im not sure of his living sitiatuon but its gotta be tough regardless. Even buying a old used car, what are you gonna do when its got issues that cost money?

I mean this story is hard to believe but meh
You didn't read any of the articles right?

140k will go a loooooong way for dude if it is managed by someone else, like what is alleged to happen.  The guy is in his 50's.  Get a reliable car and that 140k could easily pay for a car outright, pay insurance until he dies and still leave a grip for maintenance and whatever else came up.  

I can tell a lot of you dudes have never truly lived on your own and have paid for EVERYTHING.  Got dudes still on their parent's cell phone plans and insurance and ****.  
laugh.gif
mean.gif

Last edited:
Upon further reading this dam media made this worst then it seems

My man walks 7 miles once he gets off the bus to go to work and another 5 to get home on the return he sleeps on the way there and way back probably. And also story goes on to say he Gets the occasional ride

Still he dumb for not getting a bike end of story

Upon further reading this dam media made this worst then it seems

My man walks 7 miles once he gets off the bus to go to work and another 5 to get home on the return he sleeps on the way there and way back probably. And also story goes on to say he Gets the occasional ride

Still he dumb for not getting a bike end of story
Look bruh, I think its fair to say most ppl in America aint tryna walk 7 miles to work.

So the number is getting smaller? :lol:

not really op, just didnt read before he made the title. nowhere does it say dude walked 21 miles a day. it said he traveled 21 miles a day. which included walking and busing. A lot of his travel just involved walking to and from the bus drop off points.

I'm not going to pretend I read any article but that was the impression I got from the thread and the main reason I considered it a scam.

So the number is getting smaller? :lol:

not really op, just didnt read before he made the title. nowhere does it say dude walked 21 miles a day. it said he traveled 21 miles a day. which included walking and busing. A lot of his travel just involved walking to and from the bus drop off points.

What didn't I read?

I copied and pasted the article STRAIGHT from the DFP:

Heart and sole: Detroiter walks 21 miles in work commute

Instead, he reverses the 7-mile walk he took earlier that day, a stretch between the factory and a bus stop behind Troy's Somerset Collection shopping mall.

"I keep a rhythm in my head," he says of his seemingly mechanical-like pace to the mall.

At Somerset, he catches the last SMART bus of the day, just before 1 a.m. He rides it into Detroit as far it goes, getting off at the State Fairgrounds on Woodward, just south of 8 Mile. By that time, the last inbound Woodward bus has left. So Robertson foots it the rest of the way — about 5 miles — in the cold or rain or the mild summer nights, to the home he shares with his girlfriend.

Link

7 + 7 = 14

14 + 5 = 19

Thread title...ABOUT 21 miles.

I think I'm good.

Theres a bunch of sick people out there, I really hope no one takes advantage of him and his money.

Lot of backpeddling by negative nancies who don't eem read

"Well how is he going to be pay for the car insurance and gas huh !! How about that"

:lol:

The money he spent on bus fare repeatedly could have bought him a pretty damn good bike and made that time slight work, SAVING MONEY IN THE PROCESS. Still a stretch at around 5ish hours for a 21 mile circuit, but if he can foot it still slight work on a bike.

To not even address all the other things about his situation that raises questions. Im all for charitable donations... But this...

Last edited:
The money he spent on bus fare repeatedly could have bought him a pretty damn good bike and made that time slight work, SAVING MONEY IN THE PROCESS. Still a stretch at around 5ish hours for a 21 mile circuit, but if he can foot it still slight work on a bike.

To not even address all the other things about his situation that raises questions. Im all for charitable donations... But this...
#teamidontread

#teamidontread
I get that you want to make yourself look as humane as possible, there's kittens trapped in a tree somewhere calling your name bruh. A couple O's too.

Go save em all.

Last edited:

#teamidontread

I get that you want to make yourself look as humane as possible, there's kittens trapped in a tree somewhere calling your name bruh. A couple O's too.

Go save em all.
#teamistilldidntreadbutigotmoretosay

Back
Top Bottom