5th Grade Teacher Dresses in Blackface for Halloween

It boggles the mind that people refer to this as "fake outrage"; like how insensitive do you have to be. 

Thread is a mess right about now...

walk in like

cMWalaa.gif

Last edited:
BLACKFACE is offensive. Point blank. Doesnt matter if the person did it out of harmless fun. Theres no way around the fact. People know what it represents and what theyre doing when they do it, yet they go out of their way to offend anyway. I'm amazed that people dont see eye to eye on this.

BLACKFACE is offensive. Point blank. Doesnt matter if the person did it out of harmless fun. Theres no way around the fact. People know what it represents and what theyre doing when they do it, yet they go out of their way to offend anyway. I'm amazed that people dont see eye to eye on this.

I don't believe they don't see it,it's been mentioned and showed in the media enough time over the last few years and just about every time you have someone getting fired for wearing blackface. They're most likely aware of how they'll be percieved by now imo,it's just that some folks don't give a damn until there's finally the backlash that personally affects them :lol:

Last edited:
why cant we just shut up and not say anything at all?

lets let these white people have their fun :smh:

if we dont say anything then they'll really let loose. they'll think its ok. they're only doing it for attention. when you dont give them any, they'll do it bigger and more recklessly.

The "race card" has always been an interesting concept to me considering the ones accused of "pulling it" it the most weren't the ones who introduced the idea of "race" to the world.

If a race card exists...who's really to blame for it?

so who are those dudes in the Cali picture dressing as?

last i heard, kanye was black.
You can't be this dense. Blood and Crip parties happen enough at frat parties that they make the news.

Let me guess. You were picked on a lot growing up half Asian in a Black neighborhood and because of that, you don't identify when Black people point racially insensitive things because that's all you're doing here.
You called him a mutt at first
laugh.gif
why you edit that?
i saw it and i aint even offended. i already know my background and am comfortable in my own skin. dude just wants to take it there.

yea but you're like tiger woods though. you probably only claim black when it's convenient, like when you want to say the n-word during rap songs.
you know that's a real cheap shot right? you can disgaree with dude, but that ain't getting your argument across man. leave it be

Anyone has the right to be offended by anything. Don't think you can disagree with that, because what gives anyone else the right to dictate the perception of another?

THAT SAID, it's appalling how unilateral some folks think on here.

Entirely independent of topic, OP is not only the hand to hand king but also the pound for pound race-baiter of NT :lol:
Keep on flourishing, sir :smokin

Entirely independent of topic, OP is not only the hand to hand king but also the pound for pound race-baiter of NT
laugh.gif

Keep on flourishing, sir
smokin.gif
race baiter? as i said earlier, i call it 10/10 times 
indifferent.gif

edit: and i was being facetious w/ lets let white people have their fun

Last edited:
going to bed so i won't be replying anymore.

let me just say my last words....

the guys that say no one can tell you not to be offended... you are right. if you are offended then im sorry if i rubbed you wrong. my intent was to ask you to just dig deeper before pulling that card which obviously isn't going to happen. i feel as tho as a black community, we pull that card so quickly that when it really does happen, it doesn't generate the same uproar.

race is definitely real still. things definitely bother me like the travon martin situation and definitely the Baltimore riots. unfortunately, this wasn't one of them.

guys that are complaining about racism but using it against me... god bless you men.

peace.

Last edited:
[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:tongue:unctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument></xml><![endif][if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles></xml><![endif][if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object><style>st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) }</style><![endif][if gte mso 10]><style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;mso-style-noshow:yes;mso-style-parent:"";mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;mso-para-margin:0in;mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;mso-pagination:widow-orphan;font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Times New Roman";mso-ansi-language:#0400;mso-fareast-language:#0400;mso-bidi-language:#0400;}</style><![endif]

-           Like dude stated a few pages back, black-face, or no black-face, that costume straight-up stinks
mean.gif
grin.gif
mean.gif
.  You take away the shutter shades (talk about played out
embarassed.gif
) or that LAME sign and that dude is merely a clueless joker.  

-  Secondly, this clown lives in/near Decatur, Alabama!    Ala--bama!!!!!!   With the deep-south racism as tightly interlinked/woven into the daily culture of the region, I’m POSITIVE that this dude knew this would, at the very least, rustle a few jimmies.  I posit he wanted to stir the pot, he wanted to be the king douche-bag for a day, he wanted his 15 minutes of fame, he wanted to be Klans member of the month at the local Klan festival. 
pimp.gif

- He said, 'to hell with my sensitivity training and the place I work'; I’m Kanye tonight
nthat.gif
.  And where the hell was he going with this costume on, aside from this ‘private’ party?  Nowhere!  Because this lame clown KNEW (and I wonder why?
nerd.gif
) that if he stepped foot outside his residence looking like a black face, or simply just a black, period, in dat country ‘bama, the 5-0 would dig in his Yambz!   He would have intentionally / unintentionally become the next hashtag.

Last edited:

the guys that say no one can tell you not to be offended... you are right. if you are offended then im sorry if i rubbed you wrong. my intent was to ask you to just dig deeper before pulling that card which obviously isn't going to happen. i feel as tho as a black community, we pull that card so quickly that when it really does happen, it doesn't generate the same uproar.

race is definitely real still. things definitely bother me like the travon martin situation and definitely the more riots. unfortunately, this wasn't one of them.

guys that are complaining about racism but using it against me... god bless you men.

peace.

I always wanted to know how this worked. I 100% get why someone would be offended and I would've punched trayvon dude in the mouth. But do blackface go both ways. Like when snoop Dogg does his Todd thing or chappelle did the news anchor joint, are white people offended? I'm seriously asking cuz I never Looked into it and got a laugh out of the snoop joints

I always wanted to know how this worked. I 100% get why someone would be offended and I would've punched trayvon dude in the mouth. But do blackface go both ways. Like when snoop Dogg does his Todd thing or chappelle did the news anchor joint, are white people offended? I'm seriously asking cuz I never Looked into it and got a laugh out of the snoop joints
What is "white face"? Are their any historical connotations that would make it offensive and/or where the intent in it's initial application was to demean and mock an entire race? Look up the answer to those questions. 

yea but you're like tiger woods though. you probably only claim black when it's convenient, like when you want to say the n-word during rap songs.

:lol: and then goes on to say that people are racist against him. I'm Black and proud of it. I'm a mutt myself, but I embrace my Blackness. You choose to be Black when it benefits you as seen by you just having to throw in you were part Asian raised in a Black community as if that's a badge of honor.

Last edited:

race is definitely real still. things definitely bother me like the travon martin situation and definitely the more riots. unfortunately, this wasn't one of them.

peace.

You've likely been around here long enough to know, if your view goes against the grain on here ... then good luck :lol:

I said anyone can be offended by anything because it's true, but also because the REAL problem is how do we react to that fact?

It's clear plenty of folks on here think a line was crossed, because personally, they project the historical context of blackface to the Kanye costume and get offended because that's how they view the black makeup. That's fine if that's how you see it, but is that all to consider? And is your view the only view? Is it possible that the historical context wasn't fully considered or understood by this guy, or others? Maybe his perception of blackface isn't the same as YOUR perception? Is intent not at all a factor? Is the guy racist because he participates in a holiday where distasteful costumes have become a bit of a tradition? Is a comedian on stage making a racial joke the same as a hate monger at a klan rally?

I'll agree there is lack of empathy of this guy's part, but there is certainly a lack of empathy in here, too. Everyone seems to think everyone else should think and feel like them. That's not always how it works.

Empathy is one of the strongest things you can bring to the table. Any table.

No disrespect but white people dont get the benefit of the doubt in this country, and deservedly so. Therefore, they should refrain from **** like this becuase even if they don't carry racist thoughts or actions, history is not on their side.

Plus the climate is so intense right now that it's not even worth it. Even though I do think everyone is so damn uptight and PC, but maybe it's needed for change and tolerance.

peace.

You've likely been around here long enough to know, if your view goes against the grain on here ... then good luck :lol:

I said anyone can be offended by anything because it's true, but also because the REAL problem is how do we react to that fact?

It's clear plenty of folks on here think a line was crossed, because personally, they project the historical context of blackface to the Kanye costume and get offended because that's how they view the black makeup. That's fine if that's how you see it, but is that all to consider? And is your view the only view? Is it possible that the historical context wasn't fully considered or understood by this guy, or others? Maybe his perception of blackface isn't the same as YOUR perception? Is intent not at all a factor? Is the guy racist because he participates in a holiday where distasteful costumes have become a bit of a tradition? Is a comedian on stage making a racial joke the same as a hate monger at a klan rally?

I'll agree there is lack of empathy of this guy's part, but there is certainly a lack of empathy in here, too. Everyone seems to think everyone else should think and feel like them. That's not always how it works.

Empathy is one of the strongest things you can bring to the table. Any table.

Bruh... I'm not the one pressing my view on everyone. I've mostly been replying to comments towards me. I'm fine with people having a view. I'm not the one throwing low blows and pulling cards like people know me.

If a person is mad, then they are mad. I'm fine with that.
I fully expected to not get nice replies. That's why it did bother me when dudes tried to go low.

Back
Top Bottom