7 Foods So Unsafe Even Farmers Won't Eat Them

I'm a huge seafood eater and I avoid anything "Farm Raised" like the plague.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by theconditioner

Good post.

Here are some other interesting facts to consider:

-High dairy intake increases chances of prostate cancer for men.  So does high zinc intake (super high levels, though).

-BPA lasts in the human body only briefly, so its effects are not clearly understood.  I try not to mess with it though.

-There is a huge debate over whether or not soy products are healthy for you (especially highly processed ones).

-You only need 1000-1500 mg of sodium per day.  FDA suggests a daily recommended intake of about 2,400 mg.  Most people get 2-3 times that much. 

-Red meat is associated with a number of cancers. 

-(From UNC) Never buy peaches that aren't organic.  For some reason pesticides are hard to remove from them. 
Yep, i avoid red meat like a bad habit. Making some mackarel as we speak.
nice, you'll get mercury poisoning instead.

If you really break it down in a scientific way then basically everything that we eat is unhealthy.

Originally Posted by sole addiction

Wasn't there some guy that was just diagnosed with some rare disease from eating/deeply inhaling from bags of popcorn every day for 15 years?

6jfs6w.gif

2qipbua.gif

and I thought vegetarians were dumb.... looks like they are the ones living until forever

well i only eat organic, only eat wild salmon (tastes way better too), etc. so i'm fine.

wish more people paid attention to what they ate though.

what's the deal with artificial hormones in milk....i thought even the cheapest ones said "no artificial hormones added/used" or something. are they even legal in the US anymore?

i had eaten Popcorn (microwaved) for nearly 4 years 5 days a week. THere's also another (negative) outcome that my grandma was tellin me about. i forgot what it was.

Infertility is not a strong enough deterrent tho. not for me anyway. but ive cut back on popcorn tho. Ive been wantin to try the stovetop kind anyway.

Originally Posted by kdawg

Originally Posted by OctobersFinest

I knew about the potatoes. Did not know about the salmon. Thanks for this.

I can't remember his name but I saw an interview with an actor recently who collapsed on stage and they eventually discovered that he had mercury poisoning. He had been trying to eat healthily - avoiding red meat etc. - so was eating a lot of fish and it made him really really ill.
well i read a study that says theirs a mercury threshold in the body in where once the body reaches it won't store the mercury

so what is it
nerd.gif
(the guy who did the study was some bodybuilding scientist who didn't know abut mercury and was eating 2 cans of tuna a day for cheap protein)

Milk in the U.S doesnt taste so good. I tried milk in dominican republic. Taste so good.

Originally Posted by ElCubanoDel510

Seriously what doesn't kill you now a days. People need to get over all this bull and live their lives.
laugh.gif

This is why your fat, this is why, this is why, this is why your fat.

Originally Posted by Physicx

welp

im dead

laugh.gif

Still awaiting the day that broccoli, cabbage, brussels sprouts, and cauliflower become bad for you.

Or....the unveiling of some super food that is created (maybe by the gov't or some pharmaceutical company) that has all the nutrients you need without any harmful side effects in one convenient pouch. And you can buy them for hmmmmm...$10 a pop.

Come on guys. Some of you are just ridiculous. When did eating apples become bad for you? That's just the wrong message to take home. Some of you don't like to READ something in its entirety. That's not what they are saying. Basically, it's bad to ingest man-made chemicals that we love to spray on everything. When did eating salmon become bad for you? The point is that we screwed up our environment to the point that these things can be said. "Salmon has too much mercury", etc. Let's farm salmon into a small area and feed them soy and other crap. A lot of this stuff is pure common sense. Jeez, eating meat from cows fed something they were NEVER meant to eat is bad? OMG! C'mon. Sorry for this incoherent & angry (yes, I'm mad) reply, but I'm tired. I don't like it when people use this information incorrectly to say stuff like "Live your life, cuz everything will kill you". BS.

EDIT:  Oh and guess what?  Eating a conventional non-organic apple sprayed with pesticide is probably better for you than eating fast food or other crap you would replace that apple with that is still laden with garbage but has no nutritional value. 

and that is why I grow my own stuff.. if I could have my own cow and chicken coop, i would.

one day

does chef boyarde count as canned tomatoes... I eat the ravioli all the time, and it has tomato sauce?

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

Originally Posted by AJMasta

If any of this stuff was really truly harmful, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be sold anymore.

you have got to be kidding me
4a5154e591a025e8d459ac9f8f7e07a0dccbad6.gif

853157e596ab25e1e6f076e431e417ee8471782.gif
I'm sorry, but that's the most naive thing I've heard. Do you have any idea what kind of world we live in now bro? The money is the motive hence- capitalism. You swear people are actually concerned with our well-being.

knew about farmed salmon having mercury and most of those fruits/vegetables being sprayed with pesticides, but not how bad they were for you.  gotta check out that soy video posted too. good thread...

Originally Posted by theconditioner

Good post.

Here are some other interesting facts to consider:

-High dairy intake increases chances of prostate cancer for men.  So does high zinc intake (super high levels, though).

-BPA lasts in the human body only briefly, so its effects are not clearly understood.  I try not to mess with it though.

-There is a huge debate over whether or not soy products are healthy for you (especially highly processed ones).

-You only need 1000-1500 mg of sodium per day.  FDA suggests a daily recommended intake of about 2,400 mg.  Most people get 2-3 times that much. 

-Red meat is associated with a number of cancers. 

-(From UNC) Never buy peaches that aren't organic.  For some reason pesticides are hard to remove from them. 

I read a really good article in a recent issue of Men's Health talking about the damage men are doing to themselves by eating soy products so much. Lowers testosterone (raises estrogen) and in some extreme instances cause breasts to start growing.I have been minimizing my intake.

Back
Top Bottom