70 Years Old and STILL Broke...Da Hell?

At work, there's a 68 year old dude Ronald who got hired a couple months before I did. Bruh is always complaining about how the job doesn't pay enough, which left me puzzled cause people his age get:

-Senior Discounts at Restaurants and Stores
-Get Free Medical Coverage
-Have either a paid off House, or Car
-Dont go Clubbing or Blow money like Young people do

I asked him if he gets Social Security, and he was like "I BEEN gettin that" but he downplays it like its not alot. I wanted to give him some helpful advice but it seems like he might take it the wrong way so I cant really talk to him no more.

Not to mention, dude grew up in a time where Higher Education could be obtained inexpensively, so its kind of perplexing how dude is stuck at an Entry Level Job. By the time I'm 68 years old, I imagine that I'd have met enough people in my lifetime, and gained enough valuable skills/knowledge to the point wherre I can work 4 myself, set ma own hours etc.

Not to mention, our county's Metro Housing Authority has a program where anyone 55 year old can get a free Apartment, all they do is have to get on a Waiting List for 1-2 years.

What do you guys think? Have yall met alot of people like this?

At work, there's a 68 year old dude Ronald who got hired a couple months before I did. Bruh is always complaining about how the job doesn't pay enough, which left me puzzled cause people his age get:

-Senior Discounts at Restaurants and Stores
-Get Free Medical Coverage
-Have either a paid off House, or Car
-Dont go Clubbing or Blow money like Young people do

I asked him if he gets Social Security, and he was like "I BEEN gettin that" but he downplays it like its not alot. I wanted to give him some helpful advice but it seems like he might take it the wrong way so I cant really talk to him no more.

Not to mention, dude grew up in a time where Higher Education could be obtained inexpensively, so its kind of perplexing how dude is stuck at an Entry Level Job. By the time I'm 68 years old, I imagine that I'd have met enough people in my lifetime, and gained enough valuable skills/knowledge to the point wherre I can work 4 myself, set ma own hours etc.

Not to mention, our county's Metro Housing Authority has a program where anyone 55 year old can get a free Apartment, all they do is have to get on a Waiting List for 1-2 years.

What do you guys think? Have yall met alot of people like this?
ur post DISGUSTS me
sullying that screen name :smh:

mlkfan mlkfan

HORRIBLE Screen name: "Content of character" ratio

giphy.gif

“Heyyyyyyyyyy ALL PEOPLE 70+ were born with silver spoons!!!!!” Newsflash... Dude them cats worked in factories and built all the infrastructure that you use today. It ain’t even about respect.

Have some common decency man.

mlkfan mlkfan

HORRIBLE Screen name: "Content of character" ratio

One of Dr. King's vision for the country is a Universal Basic Income for every American.

This is what Andrew Yang is also championing for his run for Presidency. That $1000/month for every American citizen 18 years old and older will allow senior citizens to retire with dignity.

One of the guys I work with is like this, he’s drawing it his 401 from his other job, got this job where I’m at which pays a lot more from where he came from, dude said he got 60k+ in cc debt, I’m like bro how old are you and how much?!? I guess people just don’t know how to budget no matter how old you get some people just don’t learn or catch on.

One of the guys I work with is like this, he’s drawing it his 401 from his other job, got this job where I’m at which pays a lot more from where he came from, dude said he got 60k+ in cc debt, I’m like bro how old are you and how much?!? I guess people just don’t know how to budget no matter how old you get some people just don’t learn or catch on.

At that point and age, Id just default on the credit cards. They cant take my ss money.

And hey at the end of the day I’m no one to judge someone and their financial situation. And respect should be thrown the elders way at the end of the day.

You don’t know his story, maybe he got destroyed in a divorce, maybe he has an adult kid with a disability in a group home. Who knows.

I worked with a dude who could have retired 15 years ago, he didn’t because we get free health care and his wife was sick and his kid was autistic and needed a bunch of medical stuff as well. He was only working for insurance before he finally got his 30 years in to qualify for free insurance for life.

**** happens that isn’t always in your control.

You don’t know his story, maybe he got destroyed in a divorce, maybe he has an adult kid with a disability in a group home. Who knows.

I worked with a dude who could have retired 15 years ago, he didn’t because we get free health care and his wife was sick and his kid was autistic and needed a bunch of medical stuff as well. He was only working for insurance before he finally got his 30 years in to qualify for free insurance for life.

**** happens that isn’t always in your control.
Yup **** like that happens and for people to judge is just stupid. Just wish everyone the best and do what you gotta do and worry about yourself.
People are tryin to hard these days.

Back
Top Bottom