80s Lakers or 90s Bulls

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Michael Jordan doesn't lose in the NBA Finals.

/thread
but has he faced a tougher matchup with a deep team of 3 hall of famers in their prime and a defensive lock down player in cooper?...yehh he faced gary payton in the finals who was a defensive threat but gary also had to do it in the other end while coop foced on the defensive end because he had other guys to do the scoring but this would be a very good series

Notice everyone saying Lakers is a Laker fan too, with the exception of DoubleJs07
eyes.gif
arent you a bulls fan?...who did u pick oh the bulls
tongue.gif

Nt is flooded with Lakers fans, so what were you really trying to accomplish by making this thread? Most of those Lakers fans weren't even old enough during the Bulls dynasty to truly grasp it, let alone even know anything about the Lakers in the 80's. For those of us who did in fact watch the Showtime Lakers and the 90's Bulls, it's gonna be bias depending on where your loyalties lie. Comparing teams that played in two different eras is really pointless, entertaining maybe, but still pointless. I merely stated that Michael Jordan doesn't lose in the NBA finals, your showtime can't even lay claim to that.

i made this thread because i knew this would be a great debate...didnt i state in the beginning that with homerism aside i truly believe the showtime team wastoo deep for the bulls...by you stating mj doesnt lose in the NBA finals means you chose the bulls to win it?...so dont even give me that...with that said idont even think the bulls could even beat the larrys celtics

^
laugh.gif
Great .gif.

But as for me, I'm very biased since I never even saw the 80's Lakers play and MJ is my favorite player of all time just like many other NT'ers. So, 90's Bulls.

Bulls in 5 maybe 6... The other hand those back 2 back rockets ships might have given the bulls a run..

Originally Posted by JayJay414

Lakers did have a better support system but Mike made his players play better than they were...

I'd love to see this! Bulls for sure are underdogs...IMO...can't go against Jordan though...like said above He's never lost in the playoff's and you think about who he's beat up on...those good Knick teams...pretty good Pacer teams...young Hungry Magic team(Shaq wasn't a "kid" he was in the league what 4/5years) ran thru the west never even a 7game series...

Bulls in 6!

PS. I've always wanted to see the Bulls vs. That Rocket team...
ran thru the west?...those series against the jazz and the one against phx couldve easily went 7...they never swept in the finals so i wouldnt saythey exactly ran through the west and shaq wasnt a kid he just wasnt as dominant yet as he was in the 2000s (i wouldnt say hungry magic team either)

and yehh i would love to see that hakeem rocket team and the bulls too

Originally Posted by CP1708

But they went 9 times in 11 years. Mike ain't claimin that either.
wink.gif
box_g_jordan_580.jpg

krause_050819.jpg

cough....cough

Sorry, but no. Please don't pretend like Mike bein on vaca for 2 years in the outfield didn't help him stay fresh for the next 3 peat.

He could have gotten the 4th straight in 94. Maybe he goes for 5 in 95. But in the end, all that wear and tear on the whole team, not just Mike, would havecost them a series eventually. They would have simply run outta gas. There would have been no 8 for 8, or 10 for 10 like others want to beleive.

That doesn't take away from anything they did. I'm saying realistically, there woulda been gas issues.

I get the sense that Mike is gonna be like Babe Ruth in a few years. The stories about him gonna get taller and taller the longer he's gone.
laugh.gif

The dude was great, but he wasn't unbeatable, the Pistons had him locked up for years. And had Magic not retired, he coulda kept comin after Mike too. But, things played out the way they did for a reason, and Mike got his 6.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I think this would come down to the low post presence of Kareem and possibly the depth of the Lakers squads...I'd say the Lakers in 6 or 7....

great thread tho....I'll be back to chime in later.

I had this argument with my roommate (both of us are diehard Laker fans) and I had to go with the 90 Bulls.

Nobody on that Lakers squad had an answer for Michael Jordan. Period.
Whereas, you mention low post presence with Kareem, I honestly think Rodman would have slowed Kareem down.
Not lock down defense, but disrupt Kareem and frustrate him some. Pippen on Magic or Worthy. It would be too fun to
watch, but overall, I think that Bulls team was too good defensively for that 80's Laker team.

I def think that it would depend on home court and I def think it would go seven no matter what.

It's hard to say though because the rules in the League were different too.

o man thats a tough one the you got the g.o.a.t in MJ then the best pg in magic

then it be cool to see a worthy pippen match up. wow this is a toss up

but then you have Kareem who could most def abuse luc longley. rodman could bother him but kareem would still score alot

i really wanna say bulls in 7 cause MJ never lost a finals but most likely it would be LA in 7

with that said i dont even think the bulls could even beat the larrys celtics
I would also agree with that. The Celtics that won in 84 & 86 along with the Showtime Lakers could beat the 90's Bulls.
It was just another era and the league as a whole was better (pre-expansion). Lakers owned the west and Boston owned the east but they both had to go throughtough teams such as the Detroit, Atlanta, Utah and the Mavs.

Not that the Bulls were not great but Boston's Bird, Parrish, McHale, Ainge, & DJ or Lakers' Magic, Worthy, Kareem, Scott, and Coop would defeatthem.

Originally Posted by AG 47

I think this would come down to the low post presence of Kareem and possibly the depth of the Lakers squads...I'd say the Lakers in 6 or 7....

I had this argument with my roommate (both of us are diehard Laker fans) and I had to go with the 90 Bulls.

Whereas, you mention low post presence with Kareem, I honestly think Rodman would have slowed Kareem down.
Not lock down defense, but disrupt Kareem and frustrate him some. Pippen on Magic or Worthy. It would be too fun to
watch, but overall, I think that Bulls team was too good defensively for that 80's Laker team.
A Laker fan without blinders
eek.gif
, you truly are a rare breed myman. I just realized who westcoastfinest is,
grin.gif
@ me for arguing withcaLiwestcoast1

Ignore user option in effect
laugh.gif

pip would most likely guard magic but at the same time whos gonna defend worthy?...what about byron scott? and i think the Laker bench is way moreeffective than the bulls bench...rodman can try to disrupt kareem but he wouldnt keep kareem from scoring...he could hack and do the usual rodman things onkareem but you guys dont forget kareem was a decent free throw shooter...also dont forget michael cooper his defense on mike and 3 point shooting would be thex factor in the series

But they went 9 times in 11 years. Mike ain't claimin that either.
wink.gif
box_g_jordan_580.jpg

krause_050819.jpg

cough....cough

Sorry, but no. Please don't pretend like Mike bein on vaca for 2 years in the outfield didn't help him stay fresh for the next 3 peat.

He could have gotten the 4th straight in 94. Maybe he goes for 5 in 95. But in the end, all that wear and tear on the whole team, not just Mike, would have cost them a series eventually. They would have simply run outta gas. There would have been no 8 for 8, or 10 for 10 like others want to beleive.

That doesn't take away from anything they did. I'm saying realistically, there woulda been gas issues.

I get the sense that Mike is gonna be like Babe Ruth in a few years. The stories about him gonna get taller and taller the longer he's gone.
laugh.gif

The dude was great, but he wasn't unbeatable, the Pistons had him locked up for years. And had Magic not retired, he coulda kept comin after Mike too. But, things played out the way they did for a reason, and Mike got his 6.

The first picture represents 94-95

The second pic reps 99-00 (An NBA lockout season would have benefitted the Bulls, however Krause made his mind up already)

A Laker fan without blinders
eek.gif
, you truly are a rare breed my man. I just realized who westcoastfinest is,
grin.gif
@ me for arguing with caLiwestcoast1

Ignore user option in effect
laugh.gif
im back thought u knew
wink.gif
wsup with u?...in that case youshould already know that im one of those realistic Laker fans meaning most of my comments are definitely not biased...ask any other Laker fan in ourthread...with that said co-sign on arguing with u...i definitely shouldve known better than to argue with a biased bulls fan
tongue.gif

You could put Harper on Worthy and he would do a servicable job, he's not going to out right stop him but he would slow him down and make him work foreverything.

Who on the Lakers bench is guarding Toni? During that stretch he was that dude. You can't put Byron on him... he's going to the post or the high postand shooting right over him. You can't put Kurt on him, then he's on the perimeter with his face up game either beating him off the dribble or knockingdown the long ball... He would cause a lot of problems for them and their bench...

We just have different opinions on the subject and I still stand by my stance on comparing teams in different eras being pointless.

We just have different opinions on the subject and I still stand by my stance on comparing teams in different eras being pointless.
I gotta agree w. that (even tho I picked the lakers)...although we can't do a vs. b (or aren't supposed to) debates, I think if you pickeda SPECIFIC Lakers team vs. a SPECIFIC Bulls team, then it would be a little more reasonable to discuss....

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

You could put Harper on Worthy and he would do a servicable job, he's not going to out right stop him but he would slow him down and make him work for everything.

Who on the Lakers bench is guarding Toni? During that stretch he was that dude. You can't put Byron on him... he's going to the post or the high post and shooting right over him. You can't put Kurt on him, then he's on the perimeter with his face up game either beating him off the dribble or knocking down the long ball... He would cause a lot of problems for them and their bench...
Old $#@ Harp is slowin Worthy in his prime????????????
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom