82nd Annual Academy Awards: March 7th @ 8pm Est (ABC)

roll.gif
Tom Hanks ran through that introduction hella fast. Great win though
pimp.gif
The 3 actors were hyped when it got announced
smokin.gif

Inglorious Basterds got robbed sans for Christoph Waltz, who truly deserved it and thank god they got that right. Up in the Air as well man, no awards? such crap.

Congrats to the Hurt Locker. I was fearful Avatar was gonna win, but the Hurt Locker truly was a great film, and seeing how happy the guys were up there was refreshing.

was disappointed to see carey mulligan lose. she was just way too cute in an education. 

wow i guess i have to go see Hurt Locker if it won that many awards, oh and like someone said earlier in this thread... the music didn't go with the dancing, so i wasn't really feelin it too much, but that doesn't take anything away from the dancers

I havent seen The Hurt Locker, but Avatar as best film? Visually: yes story-wise: probably not.

District 9 didn't win anything but I'm glad it was nominated for a few things.

i thought Avatar should/would have won, but I can't hate on the Hurt Locker. It was a good movie

I'm gonna watch Up In The Air soon

Why are people afraid Avatar would win? Does it winning signify the start the Harrowing of Mankind or something? I almost wish the whole Cameron/Bieglow "fued" (which only exists in the public imagination) had been side stepped and the award had gone to neither of them just so I wouldn't have to hear this manufactured schadenfreude against James Cameron.

Would have liked to see Tarantino pick up one award, but I can't complain all that much with the people that won over him. Sandra Bullock and Jeff Bridges are class acts, by the way.

Up in the Air should have won for best adapted screenplay over Precious.

Inglorious also should have won over The Hurt Locker, but it was clear the momentum of the film pushed some awards into their favor.

Guys, there are so many amazing films out there, it's impossible to award all of them.

Is it over? Cuz I got ABC on and it's a barbara Walters special. What time does it come on on the West Coast.

glad monique won but she reminding me why i dont like her while she was on E,
i know she trying to hook up her folks with the press but she was od

A wartime depiction in this age, directed by a woman? Sounds like a perfect Best Picture winner.
eyes.gif

We'll just act like the film itself wasn't lacking a discernible story, predicable and inaccurate.

Monique? This is probably the worst deserving Oscar of all time as far as I can remember...on par with that would be Kim Basinger.

Good show. Chris Waltz won. That's all that really matter to me.
smokin.gif

Kathryn deserved that award as well, congrats to her. What a historic moment. Not to mention that movie is phenomenal.

Also, why was George Clooney acting like such a douche bag?
laugh.gif

Last thing...Steve had me dying when he said he wrote the speech for the guy accepted the award for adapted screenplay for Push. Completely hilarious
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom