82nd Annual Academy Awards: March 7th @ 8pm Est (ABC)

Originally Posted by itz rOLLi

Originally Posted by itz rOLLi

was disappointed to see carey mulligan lose. she was just way too cute in an education. 

nobody with me?
frown.gif
laugh.gif
I feel you, she was real nice.

One of the bigger snubs people won't talk about is Precious winning best adapted screenplay over Up in the Air.  Precious was a good film but the acting carried the script for sure, it was the real star, not the screenplay. 

Same goes for The Hurt Locker, the script was simple and basic, and Tarantino should have gotten it if not for the overall support of THL.

At least this year we didn't see a film like Slumdog (mediocre) win best pic. Also, thank God the Academy didn't nominate (500) Days of Simpin'
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by smoke ya later

Monique? This is probably the worst deserving Oscar of all time as far as I can remember...on par with that would be Kim Basinger.

you didn't watch the movie, did you?
grin.gif

and gabby shoulda won best actress but whatever. lol @ sandra getting that. yeah ok.
grin.gif
indifferent.gif

The only reason I had any thought of Avatar winning best picture was

a) just the work and love put into it, to me, means a lot then a movie that took 3 months to make. cameron basically invented technology to make this film. 10 years in the making and it has made 2.5 bil worldwide.

b) when katheryn won best director, im thinking, ok so theyll give it to Avatar for picture.

Honestly, out of all those best picture nominations, Basterds should have won hands down. But being that it seemed to be a race btwn Locker and Avatar, I am happy Locker won.

Def agree with everyone on every website that Basterds should have won screenplay.

The Dude won best actor. Good stuff.

I knew Avatar wasnt going to have a good night whenit started losing categories like sound to Hurt Locker lol

Man I gotta catch up on some of these movies...
On my blockbuster list:
The Lovely Bones
Precious
Invictus
The Messenger
Sherlock Holmes

Precious just seems bad to me. I tried reading the book and the way it was written just made me mad so I stopped.
and the movie doesn't seem much better

i'm still highly pissed inglorious basterds didn't get it for SCREENPLAY

i'm shocked but i know i shouldn't be because the academy is %!%!%+* ******ed. they shafted him hard man. the same poeple who %@@+ on scorsese for decades and more recently won't ever give leo an oscar

Hurt Locker was good but not that good. No one will remember that movie 5 years from now.

Hurt Locker was a good movie, but not great. All the actors played real good parts and plot was really good. I really like the sniping scene. I havent seen Avatar, but thought it was going to easily win becuz of all the damn hype.

Woke up this morning and was glad to see Avatar didn't win anything other than technical stuff.  Movie was not that good if it wasn't 3D.

Everyone knew Avatar wouldn't win Best Picture I think some of ya'll were paranoid from the worries.
laugh.gif

The Hurt Locker winning 6 awards is a joke though, and I don't even mind it winning Best Picture (Up in the Air, Inglorious were better films with STORY LINES).

Just saw The Blind Side last night, movie was OD with the cliche's and was nothing special but Sandra made the movie watchable.

Happy about Jeff Bridges winning Best Actor and Christoph Waltz winning Best Supporting.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Precious just seems bad to me. I tried reading the book and the way it was written just made me mad so I stopped.
and the movie doesn't seem much better
The movie is really good in a bad way, it was actually very depressing to watch.

And MoNique definintely deserved the Oscar for that performance, Mary Jones was spectacularly evil.

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Hurt Locker was good but not that good. No one will remember that movie 5 years from now.

just like crash, slumdog millionare, chicago, and million dollar baby

Katheryn Bigelow
devil.gif
devil.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
, thought it was funny that they sat her and james cameron right by each other, i kept cracking up whenever one of their movies would win they would stand up and just start cheering,almost like they were trying to rub it in each others face.
"thankyou for making it about the performances and not about the politics."

-Monique(quote of the night)

Still haven seen the Hurt Locker..personally i loved Up in the Air but i knew that wasnt going to win

Tarantino not walking away with a screenplay award
indifferent.gif
(iam a film major that does wanna write screenplays and i just love his stuff, jason reitman was pretty good with up in the air though)

Loved colin firth in a single man, but can see why Jeff bridges won

all in all good show, ben stiller killed it as usual, i didnt think anything could top his joaquin phoenix rant last year but he always out does himself

Originally Posted by DubA169

Originally Posted by RavageBX

just like crash, slumdog millionare, chicago, and million dollar baby
No, those were memorable movies with memorable moments. Crash had truth, Slumdog had heart, Chicago had style, and Million Dollar Baby had determination. What defines Hurt Locker? The intensity schtick got played after the second bomb. They did a good job of showing a different view but the most memorable moment in the film (the sniper scene) was hardly anything to get excited about. This movie is no Saving Private Ryan.

Back
Top Bottom