82nd Annual Academy Awards: March 7th @ 8pm Est (ABC)

My predictions for the major awards:

Picture: The Hurt Locker
Director: Bigelow
Actor: Bridges
Supporting: Waltz
Actress: Bullock
Supporting: Mo'Nique
Original Screenplay: Inglourious Bastereds
Adapted: Up in the Air

I don't want Avatar to win but I won't be that upset if it did.  People have to understand, this isn't just a big action movie that did well at the box office... this was the biggest and most advanced film of all-time.... OF ALL TIME!!!  It would be strange to see it win, since it doesn't have any acting or screenplay nominations, but the sheer importance and impact of the movie could easily be rewarded with an Oscar.

Honorable Mention: Clooney in Up in the Air, any other year would have most likely won it.  It's almost a shame, he played the role so effortlessly and perfect, that it didn't seem like he was even trying.  If the role was out of his norm and completely opposite of himself, (Denzel in Training Day), then it would be a different story.

laugh.gif
@ cablevision and abc ... sucks for me ... it might just be time to get a new service ... i pay 120$ / month and have no movie channels ... for internet / phone / tivo / and cable w/ no hbo, showtime etc

i'd like to know what other people are paying ... i like how cablevision is blaming abc ...

i only watch grey's anatomy ... i don't need the channel ... but
indifferent.gif
@ both of them

There is NO CHANCE Avatar wins Best Picture, like 1% chance.

I'm pulling for Up in the Air or Inglorious Bastards for Best Picture.

I am too but The Hurt Locker has a lot of momentum right now.

Up in the Air will win one of the two awards I posted (hopefully both).

Movies like The Blind Side and District 9 are are in the "we won't win anything but just glad to be nominated" category.

I say Avatar is 2nd behind The Hurt Locker right now in its chances of winning. With Basterds a "long-shot" 3rd.

Interesting thing to note this year with the best picture voting. The voters aren't just voting on their #1 choice, but rather they're ranking the movies from 1-10. Then the movies with the lowest amount of #1 votes, those ballots will be redistributed and given to the other nominees based on their rankings. And that's repeated until one film has 50% of the total votes.

It sounds strange but it basically means the film with the most #1 votes won't automatically win best picture. It's more fair given the high amount of nominees, so the film with the most overall support will win.

I feel like the only one who didnt think the hurt locker was that special. Inglorious Basterds is the only nominee i wouldn't mind see win

damn. I didnt know there was so much love for Hurt Locker. I am gonna have to try and catch it before the Award show.

I think people had high expectations for THL and weren't blown away (no pun intended). The film was very straightforward, from the script to the performances, it was all understated in a way to let the film sink in and allowed you to form your own opinion. It's the favorite right now, but for me I'm not 100% sold on it whatsoever.

Basterds or Up in the Air would be my choice.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

I think people had high expectations for THL and weren't blown away (no pun intended). The film was very straightforward, from the script to the performances, it was all understated in a way to let the film sink in and allowed you to form your own opinion. It's the favorite right now, but for me I'm not 100% sold on it whatsoever.

Basterds or Up in the Air would be my choice.
this.

I hope UP wins some awards tonight, great movie.
pimp.gif

The Red Carpet Show is on E! right now if you have need something to help pass your time the next two hours.

Anxious to see if Precious will rack up the awards tonight.

Homie from Inglorious B definitely should win best supporting actor.

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

4690pitt03.jpg

And I freakin' love this photo. Wish I could have a poster size of it.
Does anyone know of a higher quality size of this?

my predictions

Best Picture:The Hurt Locker
Actor in a Leading Role:Colin Firth
Actor in a Supporting Role:Christoph Waltz................................ANYTHING ELSE IS A TRAGEDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Actress in a Leading Role:Sandra Bullock
Actress in a Supporting Role:Monique ....................i hate her but once again tragedy if she doesnt pick that one up
Best director:AVATAR
Cinematography:Avatar
Visual Effects:AVATAR
Writing (Original Screenplay):inglorious bastards
Writing (Adapted Screenplay):up in the air

Did you guys see me on the red carpet? I should get the oscar for best dressed. Im stylin' with my hot wife. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom