9 years ago on September 11th, give a summary of your day?

i was in 7th grade in gym class

i remember us coming back in from outside and some of the gym teachers were watching it on tv, we had all stopped to see what they were watching but they made us keep walking

went to the next class and the teacher told us what happened, i remember people were leaving early and people talking crazy about what if a plan crashed into our school, the rest of that day the teachers tried to make us do work but everybody kept talking about what was going on

i remember getting home from school and me being in 7th grade i wanted to watch something other than the news but i ended up watching the 9/11 coverage from the time i got home till the time i went to bed

i was in 7th grade in gym class

i remember us coming back in from outside and some of the gym teachers were watching it on tv, we had all stopped to see what they were watching but they made us keep walking

went to the next class and the teacher told us what happened, i remember people were leaving early and people talking crazy about what if a plan crashed into our school, the rest of that day the teachers tried to make us do work but everybody kept talking about what was going on

i remember getting home from school and me being in 7th grade i wanted to watch something other than the news but i ended up watching the 9/11 coverage from the time i got home till the time i went to bed

I was a young kid in class, I just remember everyone getting picked up & quick. I was to young to realize what was going on, but when I went hom & saw what was going on, I was shocked. I had family calling making sure we were ok since we lived nearby. I remember footage being on every channel... Even at a young age, it wasn't easy to watch.
tired.gif

I was a young kid in class, I just remember everyone getting picked up & quick. I was to young to realize what was going on, but when I went hom & saw what was going on, I was shocked. I had family calling making sure we were ok since we lived nearby. I remember footage being on every channel... Even at a young age, it wasn't easy to watch.
tired.gif

junior in HS in NJ, was in homeroom when everything went down, building was on lockdown, I said F that, snuck out, and made sure my mom was straight, then walked to the record store and bought Jay-z's Blueprint, Fab-Ghetto Fabolous, and Killarmy-Fear Love and War...then walked to the waterfront to check out what was going on in NYC like everyone else

junior in HS in NJ, was in homeroom when everything went down, building was on lockdown, I said F that, snuck out, and made sure my mom was straight, then walked to the record store and bought Jay-z's Blueprint, Fab-Ghetto Fabolous, and Killarmy-Fear Love and War...then walked to the waterfront to check out what was going on in NYC like everyone else

I was in college at the time. Woke up around 9 to get ready for my 11 o'clock class, but didn't cut the tv on, which is what I usually did at the time. Took a shower and went to the Sprint store to pay the phone bill around 10. The store had tv's and I saw footage of the planes going in the towers. I was like "What kind of crazy movie is this?" but didn't put 2 and 2 together. I go back in the car and the radio station is discussing the details and I'm like "Oh snap, the blew up the World Trade for real". They canceled classes that day, so all I did was watch footage of the disaster for the rest of the day.

By the way, I had copped a bootleg of The Blueprint a few days earlier, so I was bumping that throughout the day as well.

I was in college at the time. Woke up around 9 to get ready for my 11 o'clock class, but didn't cut the tv on, which is what I usually did at the time. Took a shower and went to the Sprint store to pay the phone bill around 10. The store had tv's and I saw footage of the planes going in the towers. I was like "What kind of crazy movie is this?" but didn't put 2 and 2 together. I go back in the car and the radio station is discussing the details and I'm like "Oh snap, the blew up the World Trade for real". They canceled classes that day, so all I did was watch footage of the disaster for the rest of the day.

By the way, I had copped a bootleg of The Blueprint a few days earlier, so I was bumping that throughout the day as well.

Originally Posted by yungmatt

Originally Posted by famenycity1

anyone not from new york will never understand....
Completely untrue. Anyone that believes this is an idiot. Us guys in the military knew the full impact this had on society immediately and undoubtedly knew what we were going to have to face being already active. I had 3 years to go on my enlistment and was looking forward to jumping into the fire to battle the group that did this to US. God bless the people that died that day and the heroes that died and didn't die saving lives.

Originally Posted by yungmatt

Originally Posted by famenycity1

anyone not from new york will never understand....
Completely untrue. Anyone that believes this is an idiot. Us guys in the military knew the full impact this had on society immediately and undoubtedly knew what we were going to have to face being already active. I had 3 years to go on my enlistment and was looking forward to jumping into the fire to battle the group that did this to US. God bless the people that died that day and the heroes that died and didn't die saving lives.

I just started 11th grade. I'm from Harlem, but went to school in midtown (Manhattan). I remember the day clearly because I that was the first day I decided to wear sneakers to school. I wore Timbs the first 3 days. 

Anyway, I got to school then after second period, the principal got on the loud speaker and told everyone that the World Trade Center has been attacked, and it was the Twin Towers that were directly hit. We had homeroom after 3rd period, and I went to the bathroom. I helped a teacher carry a TV into the room, so we can all see. I then seen that one building had collapsed. We all gasped. 

Then stuff got crazy, everyone went into the auditorium and we were given a speech by the Principal. We were told that our cell phones were rendered useless because the tower on the building was for cell phone signals. People were crying because some of their parents or relatives and loved ones worked in the buildings\area. We were told if the distance was too far to go home, we can stay in the school and sleep. This was due to NYC transit being shut down, during the chaos.

After lunch, people devised groups to go home with or walking along in groups to comfort each other. I had a 3 mile walk home, but I had my trusty CD player. Others that lived in Queens and BK walked across the bridges and other paths home. I called home to let them know I was safe (you know how parents are) and my mom was crying because she was saying that my school was close to the WTC. I told her its okay. My father was mumbling mumbo jumbo. 

I saw crazy things outside, like the city buses were crowded to the point where the door was open and there was even some people hanging on the back of the bus with skates on. I continued to walk on with my CD player, rockin' DMX's first album and others that I had.  I got home and everything was on the news. To see that everything was destroyed down there and to see Guilliani (?) talking about all the destruction and closed off areas was shocking. I spoke to other friends to see if everything was okay and how their day went due to 9-11.

Fast forward, to the 14th....that was my BDay. I turned 16. Most people didn't remember that because of 9-11. THAT SUCKED!

I just started 11th grade. I'm from Harlem, but went to school in midtown (Manhattan). I remember the day clearly because I that was the first day I decided to wear sneakers to school. I wore Timbs the first 3 days. 

Anyway, I got to school then after second period, the principal got on the loud speaker and told everyone that the World Trade Center has been attacked, and it was the Twin Towers that were directly hit. We had homeroom after 3rd period, and I went to the bathroom. I helped a teacher carry a TV into the room, so we can all see. I then seen that one building had collapsed. We all gasped. 

Then stuff got crazy, everyone went into the auditorium and we were given a speech by the Principal. We were told that our cell phones were rendered useless because the tower on the building was for cell phone signals. People were crying because some of their parents or relatives and loved ones worked in the buildings\area. We were told if the distance was too far to go home, we can stay in the school and sleep. This was due to NYC transit being shut down, during the chaos.

After lunch, people devised groups to go home with or walking along in groups to comfort each other. I had a 3 mile walk home, but I had my trusty CD player. Others that lived in Queens and BK walked across the bridges and other paths home. I called home to let them know I was safe (you know how parents are) and my mom was crying because she was saying that my school was close to the WTC. I told her its okay. My father was mumbling mumbo jumbo. 

I saw crazy things outside, like the city buses were crowded to the point where the door was open and there was even some people hanging on the back of the bus with skates on. I continued to walk on with my CD player, rockin' DMX's first album and others that I had.  I got home and everything was on the news. To see that everything was destroyed down there and to see Guilliani (?) talking about all the destruction and closed off areas was shocking. I spoke to other friends to see if everything was okay and how their day went due to 9-11.

Fast forward, to the 14th....that was my BDay. I turned 16. Most people didn't remember that because of 9-11. THAT SUCKED!

Originally Posted by jthagreat

we talk for a second and i was like MOM i need to get the New Jay-Z album. every store was closed, or currently closing, but we decided this lil mixtape spot (AZ does not have record shops like that) I get my Copy to the GREATEST ALBUM OF ALL TIME and listen and peep the news for the next 6 MONTHS.

but THE BLUEPRINT and all the travelin to get it, and moms helpin out like that meant a lot and is a bright spot of that day.
roll.gif
Thought I'd be the only one with a story that was more so about The Blueprint dropping haha.

I was in the 10th grade too. Woke up, seen the first plane had already hit, didnt even think twice about it. By the time I got to first period, they had an announcement that a second plane had hit and that isn't wasnt safe to be out and about that day so go straight home after school. I gave two $@#*$, I wasnt about to let nobody stop me from copping that new Jay
laugh.gif
Walked to bestbuy bought it and listened to it like 10 times straight.

Guess I cared more about Hov then I did America
indifferent.gif
@ me but not really.

we talk for a second and i was like MOM i need to get the New Jay-Z album. every store was closed, or currently closing, but we decided this lil mixtape spot (AZ does not have record shops like that) I get my Copy to the GREATEST ALBUM OF ALL TIME and listen and peep the news for the next 6 MONTHS.

but THE BLUEPRINT and all the travelin to get it, and moms helpin out like that meant a lot and is a bright spot of that day.
roll.gif
Thought I'd be the only one with a story that was more so about The Blueprint dropping haha.

I was in the 10th grade too. Woke up, seen the first plane had already hit, didnt even think twice about it. By the time I got to first period, they had an announcement that a second plane had hit and that isn't wasnt safe to be out and about that day so go straight home after school. I gave two $@#*$, I wasnt about to let nobody stop me from copping that new Jay
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif
@ me but not really.

roll.gif

I was in the 10th grade too. Woke up, seen the first plane had already hit, didnt even think twice about it. By the time I got to first period, they had an announcement that a second plane had hit and that isn't wasnt safe to be out and about that day so go straight home after school. I gave two $%%%*, I wasnt about to let nobody stop me from copping that new Jay
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif
@ me but not really.

roll.gif

I was in the 10th grade too. Woke up, seen the first plane had already hit, didnt even think twice about it. By the time I got to first period, they had an announcement that a second plane had hit and that isn't wasnt safe to be out and about that day so go straight home after school. I gave two $%%%*, I wasnt about to let nobody stop me from copping that new Jay
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif
@ me but not really.

Back
Top Bottom