______ (Insert Players) Makes His Teammates BETTER

Is this an accurate statement? Does Nash, KIdd, CP3 really make people BETTER?

I thought that was the job of the coaching staff and the off-season trainers.

Making the game EASIER for someone isn't making them better because as we saw with Tyson CHandler and SHawn Marion, not playing with a PG that knows you and where you want the ball doesn't allow you to play as efficiently as you did when you played with that PG.

The term should be making the game easier, not making them better.

Am I the only one annoyed by this phrase?

Pics for beasts:

basketball_pass.jpg

_40726980_bounce_pass_2.gif

Basketball-player-10.gif

Is this an accurate statement? Does Nash, KIdd, CP3 really make people BETTER?

I thought that was the job of the coaching staff and the off-season trainers.

Making the game EASIER for someone isn't making them better because as we saw with Tyson CHandler and SHawn Marion, not playing with a PG that knows you and where you want the ball doesn't allow you to play as efficiently as you did when you played with that PG.

The term should be making the game easier, not making them better.

Am I the only one annoyed by this phrase?

Pics for beasts:

basketball_pass.jpg

_40726980_bounce_pass_2.gif

Basketball-player-10.gif

Creating open looks and making pin point passes in transition, off of lobs, etc., is making the game EASIER. I do agree....

Creating open looks and making pin point passes in transition, off of lobs, etc., is making the game EASIER. I do agree....

By making the game easier, they are inflating the stats of certain players, and if you don't watch the games, you would think they are "better".

This term is usually only used for point guard types even though a dominant big man does the same thing.The phrase, the whole damn notion is annoying because of how obvious it is.

By making the game easier, they are inflating the stats of certain players, and if you don't watch the games, you would think they are "better".

This term is usually only used for point guard types even though a dominant big man does the same thing.The phrase, the whole damn notion is annoying because of how obvious it is.

Steve Nash did not make Shawn Marion a good 3 point shooter, he just made it easier for Marion to get open looks, which allowed him to put up better numbers.

Steve Nash did not make Shawn Marion a good 3 point shooter, he just made it easier for Marion to get open looks, which allowed him to put up better numbers.

^i thought the same thing before i even came into the thread. we should be saying they make the game "easier" for their teammates.

if a player does make his teammates better, it's by giving them advice and pushing them in practice. which isn't really related to their playing style.

^i thought the same thing before i even came into the thread. we should be saying they make the game "easier" for their teammates.

if a player does make his teammates better, it's by giving them advice and pushing them in practice. which isn't really related to their playing style.

There was a similar thread not too long ago.

Making their teamates better or making the game easier is basically the same thing.

Trying to seperate the two is almost nitpicking.

There was a similar thread not too long ago.

Making their teamates better or making the game easier is basically the same thing.

Trying to seperate the two is almost nitpicking.

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

Which made him perform...better.

This is a semantic argument, what does it matter?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

Which made him perform...better.

This is a semantic argument, what does it matter?
laugh.gif

Pretty much. It's all close to the same though no matter how it's worded, even players themselves have said "I'm a better player when I play with _____."

If you watch the games you know which players elevate their teammates. You can even look at dudes like MJ who wasn't exactly providing for his teammates but he had that aura of "I will kill you if you screw this up" and "we are winning this" so role players played better with him.

Pretty much. It's all close to the same though no matter how it's worded, even players themselves have said "I'm a better player when I play with _____."

If you watch the games you know which players elevate their teammates. You can even look at dudes like MJ who wasn't exactly providing for his teammates but he had that aura of "I will kill you if you screw this up" and "we are winning this" so role players played better with him.

My Opinion:

Making game "BETTER" - Stats wise as a whole team. Higher FG%, less TO's..

Making game "EASIER" - getting open Looks, alley-oop plays, pick/screen&rolls, fastbreaks

It's practically the same, both phrase has same meaning in the end getting your team the "W" will eventually make you better.

My Opinion:

Making game "EASIER" - getting open Looks, alley-oop plays, pick/screen&rolls, fastbreaks

It's practically the same, both phrase has same meaning in the end getting your team the "W" will eventually make you better.

Well if you want to talk semantics, I'm pretty sure that playing with a teammate who is significantly better than you on a daily basis will make you a better player independent of coaches and trainers.

Well if you want to talk semantics, I'm pretty sure that playing with a teammate who is significantly better than you on a daily basis will make you a better player independent of coaches and trainers.

I always took that as meaning making their numbers better, thus making them appear better.
Although there have been players whose style of play encouraged their teammates to play more "loose" prime example is JWill for the Kings, son brought energy to Sactown.

I always took that as meaning making their numbers better, thus making them appear better.
Although there have been players whose style of play encouraged their teammates to play more "loose" prime example is JWill for the Kings, son brought energy to Sactown.

Originally Posted by alexanderfasto

My Opinion:

But in the process of making it "easier" by giving open looks, fastbreaks, etc. that results in higher FG% by better shot attempts and easier shots will probably mean less turnovers by forcing bad passes.

It's really a semantics argument.  Sure, the players will have the same skillset and talent no matter who they play with, but by getting better shot attempts and looks will result in better stats and improve the team and players.

It seems like DC and his proverbial stick up his *+$ is just complaining about the usage and how it's used to elevate certain players undeservedly.

Back
Top Bottom