______ (Insert Players) Makes His Teammates BETTER

Originally Posted by StylishStef89

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

I agree with you DC. I made this same exact topic last year
laugh.gif
.  The only way you'll get better, is if you put in the hours and work hard. Personally, I always felt when people say (insert name here) makes his teammates better, they pretty much are giving this one man credit for his teammates ability and hard work.
So you will get better if you are practicing against scrubs? I argue that you will actually get worse.

The same goes for if you are practicing with selfish players.

You can work out as an individual all you want in the off-season, but that doesn't mean you can't regress when the season starts.
You can also say that playing with unselfish players won't automatically make you better unless you are willing to to listen, retain, and compete to the best of your abilities. It all depends on the individual. If your not willing to play within the concept or put forth the effort, than no one can make you "better".
Yes, an individual has to want to get better to improve; even though that wasn't explicitly stated, it was implied.

What we're talking about is whether or not an individual player can actually make his teammates better, as opposed to coaching and individual workouts. Part of that is semantics, but I argue that certain players do actually make others better just through the simple act of competing at a high level every day and all the other intangibles that come with being a good teammate.

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

I agree with you DC. I made this same exact topic last year
laugh.gif
.  The only way you'll get better, is if you put in the hours and work hard. Personally, I always felt when people say (insert name here) makes his teammates better, they pretty much are giving this one man credit for his teammates ability and hard work.
So you will get better if you are practicing against scrubs? I argue that you will actually get worse.

The same goes for if you are practicing with selfish players.

You can work out as an individual all you want in the off-season, but that doesn't mean you can't regress when the season starts.
You can also say that playing with unselfish players won't automatically make you better unless you are willing to to listen, retain, and compete to the best of your abilities. It all depends on the individual. If your not willing to play within the concept or put forth the effort, than no one can make you "better".
Yes, an individual has to want to get better to improve; even though that wasn't explicitly stated, it was implied.

What we're talking about is whether or not an individual player can actually make his teammates better, as opposed to coaching and individual workouts. Part of that is semantics, but I argue that certain players do actually make others better just through the simple act of competing at a high level every day and all the other intangibles that come with being a good teammate.

Well I disagree
laugh.gif
. It really is kinda pointless, we all see it differently and we're gonna be talking in circles. I do understand your point though.

Well I disagree
laugh.gif
. It really is kinda pointless, we all see it differently and we're gonna be talking in circles. I do understand your point though.

Back
Top Bottom