______ (Insert Players) Makes His Teammates BETTER

Originally Posted by alexanderfasto

My Opinion:

Making game "BETTER" - Stats wise as a whole team. Higher FG%, less TO's..

Making game "EASIER" - getting open Looks, alley-oop plays, pick/screen&rolls, fastbreaks

It's practically the same, both phrase has same meaning in the end getting your team the "W" will eventually make you better.
But in the process of making it "easier" by giving open looks, fastbreaks, etc. that results in higher FG% by better shot attempts and easier shots will probably mean less turnovers by forcing bad passes.

It's really a semantics argument.  Sure, the players will have the same skillset and talent no matter who they play with, but by getting better shot attempts and looks will result in better stats and improve the team and players.

It seems like DC and his proverbial stick up his *+$ is just complaining about the usage and how it's used to elevate certain players undeservedly.

u can make a player better cuz the game also has a mental aspect to it in addition to the physical of talent and skill. You can get a players head more focused and determined both on and off the floor and make a player better that way. I don't think rondo would ever have been one of the top PGs without the presence of KG

u can make a player better cuz the game also has a mental aspect to it in addition to the physical of talent and skill. You can get a players head more focused and determined both on and off the floor and make a player better that way. I don't think rondo would ever have been one of the top PGs without the presence of KG

If you've ever ran the point effectively you would know you make it easier for your team and make them LOOK better.

If you've ever ran the point effectively you would know you make it easier for your team and make them LOOK better.

i cant wait to see how Amare plays in NY 
laugh.gif
 word to Boris Diaw. 

I don't think players make teammates BETTER, but rather some players allow teammates to put up better numbers

I don't think players make teammates BETTER, but rather some players allow teammates to put up better numbers

Originally Posted by nublee

Read that to yourself. Twice. Try not to laugh.

Couldn't do it right?

Originally Posted by nublee

Read that to yourself. Twice. Try not to laugh.

Couldn't do it right?

Some guards (such as Kidd & Nash) do make the game easier for players. They're able to get the ball in the best position / spot for a player to score. They get them the ball & are able to get the most from their strong points. Just look at some players that were scorers with them & now not as much... You can tell there's a difference.

Some guards (such as Kidd & Nash) do make the game easier for players. They're able to get the ball in the best position / spot for a player to score. They get them the ball & are able to get the most from their strong points. Just look at some players that were scorers with them & now not as much... You can tell there's a difference.

I agree with you DC. I made this same exact topic last year
laugh.gif
.  The only way you'll get better, is if you put in the hours and work hard. Personally, I always felt when people say (insert name here) makes his teammates better, they pretty much are giving this one man credit for his teammates ability and hard work.

laugh.gif
.  The only way you'll get better, is if you put in the hours and work hard. Personally, I always felt when people say (insert name here) makes his teammates better, they pretty much are giving this one man credit for his teammates ability and hard work.

Originally Posted by StylishStef89

laugh.gif
So you will get better if you are practicing against scrubs? I argue that you will actually get worse.

The same goes for if you are practicing with selfish players.

You can work out as an individual all you want in the off-season, but that doesn't mean you can't regress when the season starts.

laugh.gif
So you will get better if you are practicing against scrubs? I argue that you will actually get worse.

You can work out as an individual all you want in the off-season, but that doesn't mean you can't regress when the season starts.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

Steve Nash did not make Shawn Marion a good 3 point shooter, he just made it easier for Marion to get open looks, which allowed him to put up better numbers.
Which made him perform...better.

This is a semantic argument, what does it matter?
laugh.gif

pretty much

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

Steve Nash did not make Shawn Marion a good 3 point shooter, he just made it easier for Marion to get open looks, which allowed him to put up better numbers.
Which made him perform...better.

This is a semantic argument, what does it matter?
laugh.gif

pretty much

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

laugh.gif

You can also say that playing with unselfish players won't automatically make you better unless you are willing to to listen, retain, and compete to the best of your abilities. It all depends on the individual. If your not willing to play within the concept or put forth the effort, than no one can make you "better".

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

laugh.gif

You can also say that playing with unselfish players won't automatically make you better unless you are willing to to listen, retain, and compete to the best of your abilities. It all depends on the individual. If your not willing to play within the concept or put forth the effort, than no one can make you "better".

Back
Top Bottom