A Lil Gentrification To End The Year

Anyone is going to sell their house to gentrifiers for the right price whether or not they agree with gentrification. Just like the same bozos who say "no snitching", but sing a different tune when they are facing some years. :lol:

You mean I'm not allowed to predict how I'd respond to a hypothetical situation? Should I go buy a town house in Jamaica Plain, wait for an offer from a developer, record my response, and report back? :lol:

You missed the point, and that’s ok.

At any rate, you don’t know who I am, where I’ve been or what I’ve been through and overcome. So for all you know, gentrification as it related to my specific situation that I’ve layed out in relatively obscure detail, is actually a victory for someone or for all you know, many people who have fought an uphill battle in life.

And if they don’t, the city will come and take it for pennies on the dollar cause they “need it” .

THIS!!!

getback getback you’ve failed to consider this point in its entirety.

It’s sell or eventually fall victim to eminent domain.

With light rail plans and building in that area I could lose everything at the stroke of a pen.

The mayor of Inglewood is as corrupt as they come.

At any rate, you don’t know who I am, where I’ve been or what I’ve been through and overcome.

I know you've been in Inglewood

tenor.gif

So for all you know, gentrification as it related to my specific situation that I’ve layed out in relatively obscure detail, is actually a victory for someone or for all you know, many people who have fought an uphill battle in life.

And I think that's dope. I didn't mean to come at you sideways. Based on the way you're describing your circumstances, it was sort of a no brainer. For a single dude with no kids and little family like myself, I would feel liberated telling some yuppy Back Bay developer trying to cash in on my spot to f**k all the way off. Or at least I dictate the terms. If I were in a more precarious situation and there was a blank check on the table, it would be a little hairier.

And I think that's dope. I didn't mean to come at you sideways. Based on the way you're describing your circumstances, it was sort of a no brainer. For a single dude with no kids and little family like myself, I would feel liberated telling some yuppy Back Bay developer trying to cash in on my spot to f**k all the way off. Or at least I dictate the terms. If I were in a more precarious situation and there was a blank check on the table, it would be a little hairier.

If you’re single, no kids and have little family... who is gonna look after you in retirement? Cashing in on gentrification would help to insulate you as far as medical costs are concerned.

Cashing in on gentrification in your case as you’ve layed it out sounds wise to me, making it a personal issue as far as saying “I can’t wait to tell a yuppy to **** off” seems entirely counter productive to securing your golden years.

And of course the sale of your property would be mainly on your terms. That’s how it works, or else you just don’t sell.

I don’t have kids yet either. That doesn’t turn me off to stacking...

My homeboy a couple blocks from the stadium can actually seen it being built from his crib. Homie gonna sit a while and cash the **** out, or he said he’s still debating on turning it into a rental prop. Either sounds like one of them good problems.

This is the story in most major cities, even more so in places that are walkable. I’m trying to save up now to buy something in DC before I get priced out of being able to afford rent.
Over the next 50 years tertiary cities will reign supreme. You see it already, places like Atlanta, Charlotte, Nashville and the like will continue to receive an inflow of individuals.

4k a month to live in Richmond CA? No thanks

Over the next 50 years tertiary cities will reign supreme. You see it already, places like Atlanta, Charlotte, Nashville and the like will continue to receive an inflow of individuals.

4k a month to live in Richmond CA? No thanks

Yeah there's gonna be a population shift. I really think they want black folks down south. California gon turn Republican soon. Watch.

Yeah there's gonna be a population shift. I really think they want black folks down south. California gon turn Republican soon. Watch.

Obviously you don't live in California. It's more blue than ever, especially with all the Hispanics and Asians who live here. Traditionally red districts in Southern California flipped to the Dems in the midterms.

Que? Not a chance.

I can see it happening over time. Place is just becoming more and more unaffordable to live here.

Obviously you don't live in California. It's more blue than ever, especially with all the Hispanics and Asians who live here. Traditionally red districts in Southern California flipped to the Dems in the midterms.

Ehh maybe I'm wrong but for a person who has stated it already, I clearly live in Inglewood

In what? Job market? Cost of living? Food? Diversity? The only thing you have is legalized weed. Enjoy making 100k and never being able to pay off your 2m dollar 1500 sqft home.

Weather. Food. Weed. CA still >>>

Weather. Food. Weed. CA still >>>

Drought, inflated real estate prices. The only thing Cali has on the rest of the US food wise is Korean bbq. The rest of the US has caught up or surpassed Cali in every other food category.

Drought, inflated real estate prices. The only thing Cali has on the rest of the US food wise is Korean bbq. The rest of the US has caught up or surpassed Cali in every other food category.

We're not in a drought. And clearly not Mexican Food.

If California turns red other states are gonna turn blue... it’s not like the people disappear when they move.

Im from nyc, been in houston texas for a year.

If someone told you Texas or houston is a “poppin” place be at they are lying to you.

Its either cali or nyc, everything else is up for grabs for the #3 spot, and Texas wouldn’t even been in top 5.

Back
Top Bottom