A Ma Maniere AJ5 *** UPDATE *** Feds enter the chat

That’s what I figured but really didn’t make sense to me why they keep doing them over and over. Thanks.

Either bc they have a 💩 ton of these and need to move them as quickly as possible or not many people are signing up and their realizing demand is low or lower than what they “forecasted”

I’m happy everyone is getting these that wants them, plus extras. The on foots look great. 5s were such a great time to be a Jordan fan because they were EASILY like by a million billion infinity miles the coolest basketball shoe out when he wore them, and he hadn’t yet won his chip so he still had that underdog in him trying to overcome the old heads Det Lakers, Celts etc…

Nostalgia vibes. I love my fire red 5s from the last dance release. The off white 5s are incredible. These will go well with the collection. Anyone needing dawn size 9 hmu.

Read back a couple of pages. Didn't see the specific breakdown...so apologies for probably a very redundant question
I haven't done one of these Social Status launches before.

If I entered the Eql raffles for both of these..
and I received no "Win" email...
Just "launch reminder" emails

But I have separate charges on my card...

One for the "social status store" (Nov 15)
Next day one for the "Eql fee" (Nov 16)

Does that mean I won
or
Just some kind of Pre-payment?
On my card side it definitely appears to be a charge.

I never even "tried" online yesterday.
Looking through their FAQ, my reading comprehension is weak, because I'm just not understanding the process.

Any help is much appreciated!

Yeah if you got the EQL fee I think that means you hit. As far as I know there were no holds on people’s accounts, just charges to winners.

I saw on AMM twitter that Dawns will be available again when the Dusks drop online next Friday.

Read back a couple of pages. Didn't see the specific breakdown...so apologies for probably a very redundant question
I haven't done one of these Social Status launches before.

If I entered the Eql raffles for both of these..
and I received no "Win" email...
Just "launch reminder" emails

But I have separate charges on my card...

One for the "social status store" (Nov 15)
Next day one for the "Eql fee" (Nov 16)

Does that mean I won
or
Just some kind of Pre-payment?
On my card side it definitely appears to be a charge.

I never even "tried" online yesterday.
Looking through their FAQ, my reading comprehension is weak, because I'm just not understanding the process.

Any help is much appreciated!

Yeah, that means you hit at Social Status. Did you check your junk folder? I had my W mail the second I got the CC charge alert.

That’s what I figured but really didn’t make sense to me why they keep doing them over and over. Thanks.
So they can lock in more pairs. They want you to win. They probably get 100-200 pairs sold every time they share the link and it makes it look like it’s tough cause you have 2 min to enter.

I think it’s entirely possible they decide allocation for EQL based on how many discord entries they get before running the EQL. My guess is EQL is taking the same amount per pair sold from the vendor, so discord invoices probably have a reliable conversion rate to a sale and they can pre-sell while looking like they’re being charitable with how many chances they give the customer.

TWG is just a good marketing company, but it’s pretty obvious they are an awful retailer with awful customer service and down to nickel and dime their customers. I love the designs but it conflicts with the values they market in their stories and videos. I’m left with the design and it kind of diminishes the brand for me. I’m sure others don’t care.

Corporate’s collab was a breath of fresh air cause there weren’t games, reasonably fast shipping for a small store, well priced merch, high quality shoe.

The biggest joke of all is the merch. Who is gonna pay that much for a satin jacket? The hoodies with the flowers the best merch they have made.

Unions hoodies were nice too, but cmon with these ridiculous prices.

Reactions: mkj
The biggest joke of all is the merch. Who is gonna pay that much for a satin jacket? The hoodies with the flowers the best merch they have made.

Let it all sit. I bought both floral hoodies for $190 total off eBay. Those and the long sleeves with Nike air that match the IVs are the best merch they’ve dropped.

Won’t lie though, I picked up the down puffer jacket for $450 in March and the quality is A1. One of my favorite pieces of Jordan gear I’ve bought in 29 years of collecting it. Satin lining, down filled, everything from the fabric to the zippers is excellent quality. And it’s one of my favorite dunks ever.

IMG_7531.jpeg

Let it all sit. I bought both floral hoodies for $190 total off eBay. Those and the long sleeves with Nike air that match the IVs are the best merch they’ve dropped.

Won’t lie though, I picked up the down puffer jacket for $450 in March and the quality is A1. One of my favorite pieces of Jordan gear I’ve bought in 29 years of collecting it. Satin lining, down filled, everything from the fabric to the zippers is excellent quality. And it’s one of my favorite dunks ever.

IMG_7531.jpeg
Dope jacket. This Union hoodie is A+ too, heavy.

Attachments

• IMG_7839.png
    IMG_7839.png
    203.7 KB · Views: 4,172
Historically, the men's pair is more limited like the 12's. Only the Women's pair of 12 released in my country without extended sizing. Up to 12W only.

I think this is the first time they jacked the prices of the merch. The pants are $250, while the tearaway pants were $150. $100 increase for 35% cotton, but you could argue that the tearaway pants has more material because of the cut and has more hardware. Wished they kept it at that pricepoint. But they get massively discounted in my country. So, I'll just wait for the discounts

Moreover the target of AMM for the merch is maybe 20-30 demo. Based on the cuts of the previous releases. The warmup top was cropped as hell, the tearaway pants is on par with the trend of baggy pants

Dope jacket. This Union hoodie is A+ too, heavy.
Yeah that one’s sweet too. I have the white and black one. Unfortunately a lot of the Jordan collab gear sucks but there are some good ones from time to time. Besides those ones, the fragment hoodies were also really sweet with the overhead blue playground dunk and lightning bolt

Historically, the men's pair is more limited like the 12's. Only the Women's pair of 12 released in my country without extended sizing. Up to 12W only.

I think this is the first time they jacked the prices of the merch. The pants are $250, while the tearaway pants were $150. $100 increase for 35% cotton, but you could argue that the tearaway pants has more material because of the cut and has more hardware. Wished they kept it at that pricepoint. But they get massively discounted in my country. So, I'll just wait for the discounts

Moreover the target of AMM for the merch is maybe 20-30 demo. Based on the cuts of the previous releases. The warmup top was cropped as hell, the tearaway pants is on par with the trend of baggy pants

In the US the white/wmns pair was the more limited of the two...

With my luck only the Dawn will load on SNKRS. They always release the opposite pair that I want the most. Happened with the 12's! When the Lebron 3 supermans dropped I was hoping for the blue ones, but got the red too

Last edited:

I can’t speak to the other higher priced items but I’ve never been disappointed by a AMM or Union collab apparel piece that I’ve gotten. I usually try to pick up atleast 1 or 2 shirts from each collab and they’re almost always better quality than the standard Jordan brand Nike apparel, have the style/cut/ quality of the union or AMM apparel they’re pushing in their own stores at 1/3-1/2 the price. If you’re into their unique aesthetic it’s never a bad cop.

For this release though, the anorak is defintely dope but more than id be willing to pay for something like that. Is it overpriced? Maybe but than so is every other boutique brand at boutique prices

Back
Top Bottom