A major flaw with the F-22 Raptor about to be exposed on 60 Minutes

These pilots are basically putting their !$%%$ on the line to expose the flaw in the F-22.It's on now.

Isn't the flaw that there's a problem with the cockpit seal so the pilots could lose oxygen and potentially black out?

^Yeah pretty much.

A problem with the actual cockpit seal wasn't mentioned though.

Originally Posted by scshift

Isn't the flaw that there's a problem with the cockpit seal so the pilots could lose oxygen and potentially black out?

idk if its that but pilots blacking out is nothing new. when the plain goes into a dive and then pulls out its too much on the pilot so they blackout for a few seconds but then recover

Originally Posted by odog24

idk if its that but pilots blacking out is nothing new. when the plain goes into a dive and then pulls out its too much on the pilot so they blackout for a few seconds but then recover
fig19.jpg

sick.gif

They tryna get a %@!#+ to fly these jets and bomb !!+! for them for 50 stacks a year....

they dont care about the people who dedicate their lives to the labor force...my life is no more expendable than yours..

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

fig19.jpg

sick.gif

LMAO

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Originally Posted by NICKLE DIME BAY

Is the F-35 the new plane that the US is using? or am i trippin?

F-22 is still in use.
the f-22 has been downed since at least july of 2011. for the issue of pilots blackin out (as mentioned)
i think the fact that its being reported on dateline is a "big deal" cause of how much money was put into essentially a useless model airplane.

( i dont pretend to know but i worked right across from a flightline on JBER and it was like a known secret folks were apprehensive to share)

Originally Posted by NICKLE DIME BAY

Is the F-35 the new plane that the US is using? or am i trippin?
F-35 is suppose to soon be the primary jet for many of the US allies (those countries who could afford it ) with a certain number going to the Navy and Marines while the F-22 is suppose to replace the F-15 as the America's primary fighter jet for the Air Force.
I'm disappointed to hear this.
indifferent.gif

The f22 is useless like using a shotgun w/slugs to kill a rat. Too much force. When was the last time america has had air to air conflict?

Originally Posted by oO Master Chief Oo

The f22 is useless like using a shotgun w/slugs to kill a rat. Too much force. When was the last time america has had air to air conflict?

thats exactly the reason we havent had air to air conflict in a while...because were stocked with fighter jets. if we didnt have a massive arsenal, you bet your damn %** we would be having more air to air conflict. 

The point is air superiority. Rather than waiting for an incident and then reacting like we did in Vietnam w/ the F-4, we are staying ahead of the game. With that said, manned fighters will likely be outdated since we are already using unmanned drones to run most of the assault missions.

The problem is the pilots where experiencing hypoxia and to this day no one knows the source of it or why it was happening. All they did was redesign the emergency oxygen system and really hope for the best.
Originally Posted by crcballer55

With that said, manned fighters will likely be outdated since we are already using unmanned drones to run most of the assault missions.
Ask someone on the ground who they want providing them with close air support; a pilot who you can communicate with over head who has direct eyes on, or a drone operator half a world away.

Originally Posted by o fenomeno

thats exactly the reason we havent had air to air conflict in a while...because were stocked with fighter jets. if we didnt have a massive arsenal, you bet your damn %** we would be having more air to air conflict. 
Yea, ive always felt we use these planes just to intimidate. Pretty much just to say yea we have this.

Originally Posted by AR Guy

With that said, manned fighters will likely be outdated since we are already using unmanned drones to run most of the assault missions.
Ask someone on the ground who they want providing them with close air support; a pilot who you can communicate with over head who has direct eyes on, or a drone operator half a world away.
If you stick the "pilot" in a simulator with full visuals & sensations, is there really a need to have an actual human in there? It's not only safer for the pilot, but much cheaper as well since you don't need all the support systems in the cockpit taking up valuable resources and adding additional weight to the machine.

Of course we're both coming at this from an armchair perspective, but since we have basically trained much of our ground force with the aid of video games, why not take the next logical step and do the same with our air force as well?

Originally Posted by AR Guy

If you stick the "pilot" in a simulator with full visuals & sensations, is there really a need to have an actual human in there? It's not only safer for the pilot, but much cheaper as well since you don't need all the support systems in the cockpit taking up valuable resources and adding additional weight to the machine.

Of course we're both coming at this from an armchair perspective, but since we have basically trained much of our ground force with the aid of video games, why not take the next logical step and do the same with our air force as well?
The human element in CAS is invaluable, even though the Air Force sucks at, and should not try to be replaced. About a year ago a Marine and a Navy Corpsman where killed by a drone due to a miscommunication. There is a HUGE disconnect on what the Air Force thinks the Army needs and what the Army knows it needs. Video game training is only supplemental and can never replace the real thing. I've done a little training on some Army systems and all I can say is I was not really impressed and would only use them as a way to change things up a little but never more than that. 

Back
Top Bottom