A Third Of America's 18-34 Years Olds Live With Their Parents

is obama part of the blame?

• yes, obama is a joke

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no, obama is GOAT

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
It's something to be said about that struggle though...

When you're a week from getting paid and you got sandwiches and ramen noodles for dinner and lunch

When you have to pass on that new shirt

When you have to pass on going out

When you have to be creative on dates

When you have to shop more consciously

I get some of y'all have extenuating circumstances... But I would do everything in my power not to stay at home.

I think it does something to you as a man you can't get from being at home.

Just moved out in November and I'll be 30 soon. I really didn't wanna be 30 something living at home, so I paid most of my loans while living at home. But hey little birdies gotta fly the nest at some time.

A lot people live check to check. Everyone struggles regardless of income sometimes

We clowned and berated him, but in the end, it turns out that ninjahood was in fact ahead of the curve. All the evidence is in this thread and most of us are hypocrites...lol...smh.

Last edited:
Agreed do you . I live with my parents and I have two kids. My parents are old and alone . I help out with bills but on the real couldn't do it on my own rite now. My parents have always been cool with me .
I wanna bring breezies . Its cool . I wanna smoke in my space my parents space its cool . I wanna have company and bump loud music at 4 in the morning its cool. I have a separate entrance to where I stay. Back house studio .
My kids have they own room inside the house.

my neighbors a cop and stay with his folks.do you . Yeah I want to get my own place but id rather live comfy than struggle just to have my own place.
See this is the s_ _ t i have a problem with. It'd be different if you were saying, "I'm staying at my parents until I save up enough money for a house for my kids to live in." That way it sends a message to them that sometimes sacrificing temporary things is necessary to get what's important, but from what you just typed, it sounds like you straight up leeching because you have more negatives in that situation that positives. 

Last edited:
We clowned and berated him, but in the end, it turns out that ninjahood was in fact ahead of the curve. All the evidence is in this thread and most of us are hypocrites...lol...smh.

I get what you're saying, but I wouldn't go that far. Like most things, it's not black and white.

Last edited by a moderator:
View media item 611587

See this is the s_ _ t i have a problem with. It'd be different if you were saying, "I'm staying at my parents until I save up enough money for a house for my kids to live in." That way it sends a message to them that sometimes sacrificing temporary things is necessary to get what's important, but from what you just typed, it sounds like you straight up leeching because you have more negatives in that situation that positives
gotta keep reading bro... His situation is a little different

It's something to be said about that struggle though...

When you're a week from getting paid and you got sandwiches and ramen noodles for dinner and lunch

When you have to pass on that new shirt

When you have to pass on going out

When you have to be creative on dates

When you have to shop more consciously

I get some of y'all have extenuating circumstances... But I would do everything in my power not to stay at home.

I think it does something to you as a man you can't get from being at home.

Agree 100%!

On my own made me a stronger man and smarter.

I know a lot of ppl with degrees an old cars at home with decent jobs......I kinda feel bad for em. I don't regret dropping out for Crim Justice.....I don't even wanna be a cop lol or whatever my young self thought back then.

Props to the NT engineers an med field though only degrees I respect.

Last edited:
View media item 611587

See this is the s_ _ t i have a problem with. It'd be different if you were saying, "I'm staying at my parents until I save up enough money for a house for my kids to live in." That way it sends a message to them that sometimes sacrificing temporary things is necessary to get what's important, but from what you just typed, it sounds like you straight up leeching because you have more negatives in that situation that positives

U quik to hop on someone situation without knowing key circumstances

Know all the facts then jawjack if you don't know the circumstances don't say nun man..Smh

Last edited:
View media item 611587

Know all the facts then jawjack if you don't know the circumstances don't say nun man..Smh

That's the funny thing. I read every single post and a few people were quick to judge then they see why and say he's a good dad or ignore it.

People post on the internet what they want you to know.

I mean dude gets props for taking care of his kids, no doubt; but that doesn't excuse staying at home. My mom was out there, two kids, single mom, but she figured a way to make it work, even before my grandma had passed. So, as a kid raised in that situation, it can be done. She installed that fight in us, and now none of us have lived at home more than a few months.

Reading through this thread reminds me how strong I really am, cuz I know I been through way more than a lot of the live at home dudes and I'm still out there getting my future right whe living on my own.

What message does it send to your kids? When you're forty something, do you want your kids coming back and living with you? Then what happens when y'all are forty, divorced she took the house and the kids? You going to move in with moms dukes? Or you going to stand? (Hint: dudes moving in with mom dukes is probably why she left)

All boils down to how you were raised. I mean, at times in my life i needed to stay with family, but in my heart I never felt comfortable with. Like I said, I moved home for about 8 months, not 'stacking' , waiting until I knew if I was going to school or not(acceptance) then I plan on two months after I graduate while I study for the bar(moving across country two months before the test of my life) , not even waiting until I pass, the day I take it, next day I'm trying to be gone.

I spent a year in md, sleeping on couches so I didn't have to live at home. It hurt my soul moving back but leases werent trying to work with me on the months (they all wanted a year or six months, school started in seven about an hour away). Lost my car, bought a bike and biked to work (3 miles away) until I bought a beater car. Paid my mom $200 a month while I was at home. Seperate entrance, full basement, bath, bedroom, living room, kitchenette, like I was in a sweet set up. That being said, I left boxes of my stuff sitting by the door, subtle reminder that I needed to get out of this situation.

People berated Ninjahood because he's a hypocrite.

gotta keep reading bro... His situation is a little different
I completely understand of having to stay at the folks because you have two kids and you want them to be in a financial / stable house hold. But, if staying at your folks place is the final goal,  then I have a hard time fully understanding. I'd like him to correct me though bc I'm open to understanding.

Pull your skirt down. I never said he was a terrible person, dad, or etc. If he is doing what he feels is right, then he'll tell me why i'm wrong or why what he's doing is justifiable.
That's the funny thing. I read every single post and a few people were quick to judge then they see why and say he's a good dad or ignore it.

People post on the internet what they want you to know.
Again, I said that according to the post, it didn't seem like there was an end goal per se. Which is usually my gripe.  

I mean dude gets props for taking care of his kids, no doubt; but that doesn't excuse staying at home. My mom was out there, two kids, single mom, but she figured a way to make it work, even before my grandma had passed. So, as a kid raised in that situation, it can be done. She installed that fight in us, and now none of us have lived at home more than a few months.

Reading through this thread reminds me how strong I really am, cuz I know I been through way more than a lot of the live at home dudes and I'm still out there getting my future right whe living on my own.

What message does it send to your kids? When you're forty something, do you want your kids coming back and living with you? Then what happens when y'all are forty, divorced she took the house and the kids? You going to move in with moms dukes? Or you going to stand? (Hint: dudes moving in with mom dukes is probably why she left)

All boils down to how you were raised. I mean, at times in my life i needed to stay with family, but in my heart I never felt comfortable with. Like I said, I moved home for about 8 months, not 'stacking' , waiting until I knew if I was going to school or not(acceptance) then I plan on two months after I graduate while I study for the bar(moving across country two months before the test of my life) , not even waiting until I pass, the day I take it, next day I'm trying to be gone.

I spent a year in md, sleeping on couches so I didn't have to live at home. It hurt my soul moving back but leases werent trying to work with me on the months (they all wanted a year or six months, school started in seven about an hour away). Lost my car, bought a bike and biked to work (3 miles away) until I bought a beater car. Paid my mom $200 a month while I was at home. Seperate entrance, full basement, bath, bedroom, living room, kitchenette, like I was in a sweet set up. That being said, I left boxes of my stuff sitting by the door, subtle reminder that I needed to get out of this situation.

I just feel like everyone's situation is different. I make twice as much as my mom so I pay all of her important bills including her copay for her multiple doctor visits per month. She made some mistake with her mortgage and it caught up to her. What type of son would I be if I went out and lived on my own when I could be paying less by helping her out and making sure she's good. I'm not in a huge rush to leave. I will just keep putting money away monthly until I'm ready to buy a house.s I do what I want here, none of the rules you guys assume everyone living at home with their parents abide by.

I feel like you're using this thread to pat yourself on your back.

Bro your stronger than strangers online and your da man hahaha

more power to u and that shu'd make u feel good about u

But you should only judge you

Don't judge.others cause online ppl say only what theyre comfortable for you to hear

Many key facts aren't said for there own reasons even in real life

Whether or not you think someone lacks ambition or not, u don't know these ppl
So you therefore shouldn't judge them

Maybe there paying for there kids masters degree and can't afford a mortgage etc

You never know so just let ppl do them there way.. Whatever works man, only thing that truly matters is if your healthy and happy cause that's the only thing thats goin 2 satisfy u in the end

If u oh so strong one ain't learn dat yet hopefully now u have

Last edited:
how dudes 10 years out of high school still "stacking" working full time with no kids not have a down payment for a spot by now? :lol:

I just feel like everyone's situation is different. I make twice as much as my mom so I pay all of her important bills including her copay for her multiple doctor visits per month. She made some mistake with her mortgage and it caught up to her. What type of son would I be if I went out and lived on my own when I could be paying less by helping her out and making sure she's good. I'm not in a huge rush to leave. I will just keep putting money away monthly until I'm ready to buy a house.s I do what I want here, none of the rules you guys assume everyone living at home with their parents abide by.

I feel like you're using this thread to pat yourself on your back.
See, I can understand this situation. Props.

calypso chanta calypso chanta I know what you mean. A lot of people are just content with their situation. I just try not to get on people's cases about **** because I know I have areas in my own life that needs work.

how dudes 10 years out of high school still "stacking" working full time with no kids not have a down payment for a spot by now? :lol:

Because my mom convinced me to go to college when I initially wanted to be a police officer, I already had a connection. Ended dropping out and got sick racking up hospital bills that messed up my credit. Bad credit = no police academy. Struggled with what I wanted to do. Ended up with a dead end job for some years. Decided I wanted to be a nurse. Got my license, got a nursing job. Stacking paper.

Because my mom convinced me to go to college when I initially wanted to be a police officer, I already had a connection. Ended dropping out and got sick racking up hospital bills that messed up my credit. Bad credit = no police academy. Struggled with what I wanted to do. Ended up with a dead end job for some years. Decided I wanted to be a nurse. Got my license, got a nursing job. Stacking paper.

props to you, but my statement was not directed toward you.
on another note I find it funny because I see people flashing money on IG but yet they have nothing to show for it. dude sharing a bedroom with his older bro under moms roof rent free, doesnt help with bills and still uses his moms car

Yea, I am proud of my self, ' I been through everything in life but a coffin' -Big Sean [and disease]. I just don't like the mentality of my generation, it annoys me, every excuse not to grow up. Want to be respected as an adult, but don't want to be an adult...and frankly I do get jealous when I see a kid driving a nicer car while I'm twenty-five driving a high mileage vehicle...I have two degrees and years of work experience, I should be out there getting it...but then I think 'jealousy is weak and you don't want their life.'

Everyone's situation is different, and there are people in much dire situations than I, that are outcha getting it. I say it all the time, cats is soft and grown children, that's why you get dudes shooting up schools because they didn't get bunz. It's a character thing, it's a perspective thing. I'm not just handed out excuses for STAYING at your folks house for an extended period of time. And what type of parents do y'all have that are cool with that? Moms was looking at me everyday like 'two adults can't live with each other, you gotta go.' But then again, it's not adults living at home.

Like I said, I'm some random dude on the Internet, I don't think you're an adult? Shouldn't matter, do your thing.

To old dude paying moms bills, she's more living with you than you loving with her, which I've also stated was cool. I plan on moving my moms on my land later in life, make sure she can retire in peace and with some dignity.

There is a fine line between excuse and reason.

I live at home still. Not proud to admit it but it is what it is. Older people tell me that I shouldnt rush, but at some point you just want to be dolo. I dont have a curfew. I can vome and go as I please. Know plenty of people from school that still live home. Rent in NYC will kill you and having to depend on roommates isn't what's up just to say you live on your own. I don't mooch. I pay the utilities every month along with my own responsibilities. Millenials were screwed over by Baby Boomers who had everything handed to them.
I see this problem with my friends.  All of them wanted to get off Long Island so bad, so now they live in Bushwick where they're paying $850+/month to live in sardine-can apartments with strangers that they don't particularly enjoy, let alone have anything in common with...all while they each make around $12/hour working at Whole Foods, coffee shops, or as dog walkers.  I understand the want for instant gratification, but good lord that just doesn't seem like a good idea to me....particularly when you're closer to 30 than you are to 20 and have no real direction in life.

Bear in mind: these are college-educated individuals.  Fools wylin' thinkin' they doin' it.

Back
Top Bottom