A Third Of America's 18-34 Years Olds Live With Their Parents

is obama part of the blame?

• yes, obama is a joke

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no, obama is GOAT

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
As others have posted, I think that the statistics should  have only been collected for 22-34 year olds, or even 22-30. I dont see this getting any better, tuition continues to go up along with the prices of everything else. I have no problem with anyone living with their parents tbh, do you. I do find it funny when there are kids living at home with their parents and you see them in new cars, or claiming that they are "stacking" but in reality only putting 200 or so in the bank from each check........c'mon man.

@Calypso Chanta I know what you mean. A lot of people are just content with their situation. I just try not to get on people's cases about **** because I know I have areas in my own life that needs work.
Exactly. Like we all have areas we can improve on. It's just like, if you don't have a goal and aren't working towards that goal then you ain't doing nothing. 

Agreed do you . I live with my parents and I have two kids. My parents are old and alone . I help out with bills but on the real couldn't do it on my own rite now. My parents have always been cool with me .
I wanna bring breezies . Its cool . I wanna smoke in my space its cool . I wanna have company and bump loud music at 4 in the morning its cool. I have a separate entrance to where I stay. Back house studio .
My kids have they own room inside the house.

my neighbors a cop and stay with his folks.do you . Yeah I want to get my own place but id rather live comfy than struggle just to have my own place.
It's easy for someone to say to move out but in your situation it's actually GOOD for you to stay where the kids can have multiple people looking after them. No matter how good of a parent you may be you CANT do it alone in this day an age. The whole bring home breezes thing has gotta stop though :smh:

My uncle is 30 and lives at home. He has a degree and a well paying job. He just prefers to live at home (free meals + he already has a master bedroom + nice newly built home) he helps them out as well but he has a lot of positives at staying at home.

Also the term "staying at home" or "living in your parent home" is what's really looked down on by people. You're not staying in someone else's place, that's YOUR home too :lol:

It just gives the vibe that you still got toys in your room and ish :lol:

Nah...even as a tike my parents made sure I knew it wasn't my home. I've felt like I was staying with them since birth, they never let me forget that I don't pay bills around there. Step pops would always hit me with 'do you pay bills? Then this ain't your house.' Still feel that way.

Nah...even as a tike my parents made sure I knew it wasn't my home. I've felt like I was staying with them since birth, they never let me forget that I don't pay bills around there. Step pops would always hit me with 'do you pay bills? Then this ain't your house.' Still feel that way.

That might be a personal problem bro :lol:

Sorry to hear that too btw. Can't talk to kids like that. You are their responsibility :smh:

Last edited:
It's definitely a culturally thing too. A lot of Haitian parents aren't quick to tell their kids to keep it moving like I've noticed with some of my African American friends.

It's definitely a culturally thing too. A lot of Haitian parents aren't quick to tell their kids to keep it moving like I've noticed with some of my African American friends.

Filipino parents are the best, you can live with your parents forever and even start your own family, all while staying in the same house :lol:

Nothing to be sorry for. I'm glad/proud my folks instilled that in me. It taught me about freedom at a young age. Taught me, all you have is what you earn, no one wants to give you a got damn thing.

Living comfy doesn't mean I have all kinds of disposable income. Kids are expensive . Want to get out but just can't at the moment . You think of me what you want obviously .
my twin daughters just turned 3 on friday .They cannot be toilet trained atm . They are "special ed" . They have been having behavior therapy and speech therapy everyday except weekends . They are a year behind mentally .

ppl saying what they someone else does or what they moms did I don't live by comparison to anybody else. I'm comfortable being me .

Last edited:

It's very similar for East Indian families as well. My cousin in law is a legit millionaire businessman but he and his wife live in his parents home, he's 33. Granted dude lives in some mansion type spot but still :lol:

It's very similar for East Indian families as well. My cousin in law is a legit millionaire businessman but he and his wife live in his parents home, he's 33. Granted dude lives in some mansion type spot but still
laugh.gif
It seems like this mentality is widespread in most areas of the world, really. Same with parents allowing kids to sleep in the bed with them.

View media item 611587

See this is the s_ _ t i have a problem with. It'd be different if you were saying, "I'm staying at my parents until I save up enough money for a house for my kids to live in." That way it sends a message to them that sometimes sacrificing temporary things is necessary to get what's important, but from what you just typed, it sounds like you straight up leeching because you have more negatives in that situation that positives

U quik to hop on someone situation without knowing key circumstances

Know all the facts then jawjack if you don't know the circumstances don't say nun man..Smh

Everybody was prepared to do the same thing to him until he followed up by saying he's a single father because mom ran out so relax

Everybody's situation is different and my situation is different as well.

I was never the person to be complacent and was working and still working 3 jobs while I was in school. I just graduated last week but I live at home.

I make more than my mother and father combined as they now only work part-time but I contribute towards the house and pay the necessary bills like cell phone, cable and car insurance. Yes, they provide me with room & board but I do everything in my power to contribute and help out for my family.

It might be a little different as well because I am Chinese and I live in a Chinese household where the son or daughter does not move out until they are married and financially stable. This is the power of family and I get how people might think you are a loser because you can't bring women over and you can't do the things you want to do but every thing has it's negatives and positives.

I said I can bring home breezies . I can listen to loud music or do what I please. Having the power to do something is different from doing it. I was saying is that I have that freedom here.only person I bring is my actual girl

Last edited:
Everybody was prepared to do the same thing to him until he followed up by saying he's a single father because mom ran out so relax

Everybody, smh

Yea but not me I leave dat to you nt champions

I don't judge regular ppl
That I know nothing about
That's not cool

Like kids laughing at ppl on da street it's the same thing
Just not ryte bro it's called respect
Keep your mouths shut unless it got sum to do with you..

Just ain't me yall do what yall want more power to you..

But for me Unless it's buisness associated I leave the judging to god

It's a new dark day and respect is nowhere to be found

Kanye SHUDA left chef keef on youtube
For real

Last edited:
Filipino parents are the best, you can live with your parents forever and even start your own family, all while staying in the same house :lol:
Hispanic families too...

Seems like most of the world except Americans.

Europeans...?

Thatd b weird as hell havin sex and my moms is in tha livin room watchin tv or sumthin.

Hispanic families too...

Seems like most of the world except Americans.

Europeans...?

We ain't got no choice bruh no money in our countries

Makin homemade beds rails and **** out of Concrete throw da mattress on top lol

European family's stay together
Until we get sick of it and.go get a visa.and come here to U.S. to fulfill our dreams and make money and experience real freedom

Country I came from when I was,a kid no jobs at all, I mean there's jobs but u not getting paid.cuz.there's no money
Lol now it's even worse
75% unemployment now I can't imagine what's going on

Last edited:
We ain't got no choice bruh no money in our countries

Makin homemade beds rails and **** out of Concrete throw da mattress on top lol

European family's stay together
Until we get sick of it and.go get a visa.and come here to us to fulfill our dreams

And with that struggle now our families actually love each other and got our backs :pimp:

I'll take that

[thread="595852"]Quote:[/thread]
I live at home still. Not proud to admit it but it is what it is. Older people tell me that I shouldnt rush, but at some point you just want to be dolo. I dont have a curfew. I can vome and go as I please. Know plenty of people from school that still live home. Rent in NYC will kill you and having to depend on roommates isn't what's up just to say you live on your own. I don't mooch. I pay the utilities every month along with my own responsibilities. Millenials were screwed over by Baby Boomers who had everything handed to them.
I see this problem with my friends.  All of them wanted to get off Long Island so bad, so now they live in Bushwick where they're paying $850+/month to live in sardine-can apartments with strangers that they don't particularly enjoy, let alone have anything in common with...all while they each make around $12/hour working at Whole Foods, coffee shops, or as dog walkers.  I understand the want for instant gratification, but good lord that just doesn't seem like a good idea to me....particularly when you're closer to 30 than you are to 20 and have no real direction in life.

Bear in mind: these are college-educated individuals.  Fools wylin' thinkin' they doin' it.

You said these people have no direction in life right? How would they have more direction living with their parents?

They doing it right especially if they aren't in school

Struggle is temporary, pride is forever.

As far as judging...yeah I'm judging, everyone is, whether they want to admit it or not. To judge is to form an opinion based on facts, beliefs and prior experience.

Thread is about living at home

Dude says he lives at home

based on my knowledge of people that live at home/my belief system I conclude, dude is probably not an adult.

Then dude says "but I have x going on"

Then I look at all the people that I know that don't live at home and have x,y,z going on

then I conclude, dude is not an adult.

People judge everyone all the time, how you act on said judgement is what really matters. Would you treat people different based on that judgement? With the limited facts you have? I mean, I'm going to automatically judge the 6'4 dude dunking on everyone as a good basketball player, then I'm going to step my game up around him, maybe I'm wrong, maybe old dude actually sucks and can just dunk (I know people like that) but I am going to make a quick judgement based on the needs of the situation.

Now, in this instance, it really doesn't matter what I think about anyone, because none of you on this forum have more than a insignificant affect on my life. That being said, I got a business venture going on, I got two dudes, one who can contribue 5k and lives on his own, or a dude who lives with his folks but can contribute 15k...I'm leaning toward the dude who doesn't live at home. I feel he is more adult and is better at handling the eventually adversity that will come along and I'm more confident in him not bailing because things aren't going well, he has doesn't really have a choice, desperation makes ish happen. Time will tell if I'm right, but I can't make a decision based on future outcomes, I don't know the outcome when I make the decision, all I know is that one dude struggled and made it, the other dude took the "easy" way...I need fighters in my corner.

but thats just how I am, I have more faith in peoples actions and belief system than I do their current assets/situation.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom