About to switch to sprint. What phone should I get

I just upgraded to a BB Curve 8530 about two weeks ago. Lovin' it so far. Battery life kinda sucks tho.

Originally Posted by young dr0

[color= rgb(255, 204, 153)]the TP2 gets a lot of flack but i **** w/ it.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 204, 153)]i had to flash my phone 5 or 6 times to find a ROM i like. but when i did. i was good $ minus the terrible battery life.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 204, 153)]if you dont care about money then get the Pre.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 204, 153)]if you do, id run with the TP2 + SERO-type of plan.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 204, 153)]i thought SERO was dead but holdenmichael said they still have something similar.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 204, 153)]it also depends on your usual.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 204, 153)]i dont talk a lot so 500 min. + unlimited txt/data + 6pm night for $30 is straight w/ me.[/color]

So they still letting people get the $30 SERO?

I thought they stopped it and upped it to the $60 price point?

whatever you do ... dont get the samsung instinct . its a piece of crap ! i had that phone for less than a year and the touchscreen just decided it didnt wanna work anymore.

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

And how long does it take to get these rebates? I still waiting on my rebate from my damn sidekick 2
laugh.gif
smh.gif
and I got that thing the month it dropped
smh.gif

if you get an Everything Plan you'll be considered a Sprint Premier Customer and you get automatic upgrades every 1yr anniversary of your contract, but yea i dont usually mess around with rebates. you can just go to Best Buy and tell them to match the rebate price that Sprint is offering. Thats how I got my Pre for $100 when it first came out.
As far as insurance, sprint has it for i think $7/mo but you have to still pay a deductible for a replacement phone. I just went with the Best Buy coverage for $10/mo without a deductible and it covers everything but theft 

Originally Posted by yomegaaa

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

And how long does it take to get these rebates? I still waiting on my rebate from my damn sidekick 2
laugh.gif
smh.gif
and I got that thing the month it dropped
smh.gif

if you get an Everything Plan you'll be considered a Sprint Premier Customer and you get automatic upgrades every 1yr anniversary of your contract, but yea i dont usually mess around with rebates. you can just go to Best Buy and tell them to match the rebate price that Sprint is offering. Thats how I got my Pre for $100 when it first came out.
As far as insurance, sprint has it for i think $7/mo but you have to still pay a deductible for a replacement phone. I just went with the Best Buy coverage for $10/mo without a deductible and it covers everything but theft 
I've been using Sprint for the longest and love them. I had both a Sprint and T-mobile phone simultaneously and hated the service I had with T-mobile.
I'm big on blackberry's so I just upgraded to this phone and I love it.

BlackBerry-Curve-8530-Sprint-available-0.jpg

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]As far as Rebate goes, don't get the phone at a Sprint store. It will take forever to get the rebate. Got to a Radio Shack or Best Buy. They will take all the deductions on the spot so you wont have to worry about sending away rebates and waiting to get your money returned.[/font]

Originally Posted by JoRdAn fEtIsH

whatever you do ... dont get the samsung instinct . its a piece of crap ! i had that phone for less than a year and the touchscreen just decided it didnt wanna work anymore.

Same thing happened to my husband and even though it was still under warranty they were being %*%%* about the whole ordeal.  Completely blew us off, etc.  So we switched to AT&T and got iphones.  Suck it, Sprint.

i switched to Sprint a few months ago and i got the Bberry Tour. i really love the phone coming from a 8330, but i would wait until HTC releases their new Android devices on Sprint. IMO i think they have the best mobile OS on any phone, the Sense UI is pretty slick(its basically like Expose on Mac OSX).

Originally Posted by Tetsujin23

Originally Posted by bl1nk

I was deciding between the palm pre and tour. Decided to get the pre. Pretty happy with my choice and the touchstone is great. Imo blackberry os is outdated compared to others out and webos is
pimp.gif
im kinda disappointed wit the bb's OS.
smh.gif

my homescreen
pimp.gif

nice heres my set up.
1hfj9i.png
6px3qa.png

Man im tired of my Touch Pro 2, mad slow.

I'm still with my Sprint SERO plan so I'm in the market for something better as well.

I have a palm pre and htc hero....love them both but the webos is just so fluid to use I have stuck with the palm pre. The apps grow everyday on the pre and they update it pretty often adding more features. Cant go wrong

Can't believe nobody has said anything about the best phone Sprint will have for a while. HTC Supersonic. U guys are sleeping. BB I think pretty much suck compared to Android. Their OS is way behind.

Remember that mysterious HTC A9292 with WiMAX rumored for Sprint a few days back? Well, take a seat, folks -- we think we've got the lowdown on it here from a trusted source, and it's a bit of a monster:
  • Codename is "Supersonic" -- a name we've heard at least once before.
  • Feels a lot like you'd expect an Android-powered HD2 to feel thanks to a 4.3-inch non-AMOLED display and a svelte shell. (For reference, the HD2 is 11mm thick, but we don't have exact dimensions here.)
  • It's got a kickstand on the back. This wouldn't be a first for HTC; the Imagio on Verizon has one, for example.
  • Runs Android 2.1 with HTC's Sense UI.
  • Our tipster saw it in white; production devices could be available in different colors, of course, but white seems like it'd be an intriguing choice for a phone of the HD2's size and shape.
  • The phone's software stack is buggy enough right now to suggest that we're not looking at a release any time soon, but we don't have details on the projected launch window.
  • It's fast -- Snapdragon fast, it seems, though our tipster can't confirm the processor under the hood.
We know 2010's just begun, but between all this noise and the promise of a legitimate 4G radio on board, let's be real -- we're already looking at a very, very early contender for smartphone of the year. Let's not run into any major roadblocks between here and retail, alright, guys?
[table][tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by Tetsujin23

I was deciding between the palm pre and tour. Decided to get the pre. Pretty happy with my choice and the touchstone is great. Imo blackberry os is outdated compared to others out and webos is
pimp.gif
im kinda disappointed wit the bb's OS.
smh.gif

my homescreen
pimp.gif

nice heres my set up.
1hfj9i.png
6px3qa.png
i see u got the osx also
pimp.gif

jay-z* my mann

Almost got it but my fingers are too big for the buttons and the talk time is not long enough my tour last me 2 days without charge with full use tAlk text web

So Palm Pre > Touch Pro 2?

Is there a newer version of the Palm Pre coming out this year, or anything "better"?

I'm over this TP2.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Is there a newer version of the Palm Pre coming out this year, or anything "better"?

I'm over this TP2.

nah. Palm is in the works of making a new phone but its not releasing anytime soon. I'd wait til the summer when new phones release.

I would suggest grabbing a pre or blackberry tour for cheap on ebay or craigslist and using that until the newer phones come out and use your upgrade on one of those. The tour 2 (renamed bold 9650) will have wifi and more memory, as well as a trackpad instead of the trackball. I have a Tour and it is a great phone. I used to have HTC phones (mogul, touch pro) but got tired of the bugginess and having to hack it to get the most out of it. Blackberries are stable and are still the best when it comes to email and getting stuff done. The browser could use some work, I highly suggest if you get a blackberry you make sure it has the new 5.0 OS loaded on it. Also check your coverage to ensure Sprint is good in your area.

steven42lh wrote:

I would suggest grabbing a pre or blackberry tour for cheap on ebay or craigslist
and using that until the newer phones come out and use your upgrade on one of
those. The tour 2 (renamed bold 9650) will have wifi and more memory, as well
as a trackpad instead of the trackball. I have a Tour and it is a great phone. I
used to have HTC phones (mogul, touch pro) but got tired of the bugginess and
having to hack it to get the most out of it. Blackberries are stable and are still the
best when it comes to email and getting stuff done. The browser could use some
work, I highly suggest if you get a blackberry you make sure it has the new 5.0
OS loaded on it. Also check your coverage to ensure Sprint is good in your area.

This man speaks the truth Does anybody got pics of the sprint bold 9650 ( they should have put 9700 that might mess up sales)

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

I'm over this TP2.

i personally just can't go back to a windows phone after using webos and android

What does the Palm Pre use, webos?

I'm terrible when it comes to these things.
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom