Adidas ADIZERO ROSE review

Originally Posted by whiplash

Good stuff, Duke! I'm in the middle of testing my pair right now, and these things are ridiculously fast. Even lower to the ground than the Kobe V's; excellent court feel. Less cushioning than I'd like, but that's the tradeoff. Although, I have yet to try these on an outdoor court... might be a little harsh there.
That sucks man
frown.gif
  I need cushioning for my knees.  I'm still gunna try it out though. 

Good stuff, Duke! I'm in the middle of testing my pair right now, and these things are ridiculously fast. Even lower to the ground than the Kobe V's; excellent court feel. Less cushioning than I'd like, but that's the tradeoff. Although, I have yet to try these on an outdoor court... might be a little harsh there.
That sucks man
frown.gif

^ tried on a pair of these, and i must say they feel real good. walked a little bit on it, the weight on it is just enough. i agree that it feels really low to the ground / great court feel. i really think these will be a great shoe to play basketball in.

^ tried on a pair of these, and i must say they feel real good. walked a little bit on it, the weight on it is just enough. i agree that it feels really low to the ground / great court feel. i really think these will be a great shoe to play basketball in.

Originally Posted by amel223

That sucks man
frown.gif

Simple trick to add a little more cushioning, without changing the shoe's configuration too much, is to add a Poron Insole(the grey ones, they're the performance Poron ) they're basically just a sheet of poron you slide under the sockliner.

Link is to show which ones I mean, so not the orthotic version, but simply the pure Poron sheet.
http://www.algeos.com/acatalog/Cut_PORON__Insoles.html#aPA2482

I'm 260 lbs, and that makes 'em really playable for me.

Originally Posted by amel223

That sucks man
frown.gif

Simple trick to add a little more cushioning, without changing the shoe's configuration too much, is to add a Poron Insole(the grey ones, they're the performance Poron ) they're basically just a sheet of poron you slide under the sockliner.

Link is to show which ones I mean, so not the orthotic version, but simply the pure Poron sheet.
http://www.algeos.com/acatalog/Cut_PORON__Insoles.html#aPA2482

I'm 260 lbs, and that makes 'em really playable for me.

smile.gif
 I can't stand it if I can't try something so I'll keep thinking up different configurations to make 'em playable, and especially since the basic frame was strong enough to hold me(otherwise I would've never been able to get it right) I knew there must be a way for me to play 'em.

I was already a big fan of the Rose, because they take the PureMotion to the truest next level(and I'm a PureMotion purist
pimp.gif
). So I'm very excited the Poron liner got me that little extra impact protection for my big frame(lol, I know I stole it from Robbie Fuller, since he mentioned he did it to help out the Commanders last season).

And I really like how this shoe's smooth beyond believe, as you said they fit like a 2nd skin, the collar is awesome, because it continuously guides your movement, and catches you at any red-zones, it's such a simple construction, but it has a huge impact.
The SprintFrame takes great care of business, it allows for really aggressive play, the Track Spike influence, where you can explode into plays without any delays from the shoes, and again it's so smooth, and flexible(without over-flex), you don't feel the shoe at any point.
The one thing I need to keep an eye on, is the fore-foot lateral mid-sole wall(I under-pronate so that's a spot, I hit particularly hard when playing), but so far it's holding up nicely(like the SuperCreators).

Cushioning with the added Poron liner, is great, it's very active, and responsive(I tend to feel around my shoe a lot, when trying 'em out to see what happens, and the mid-sole's dancing when you're moving around), it's just incredibly low to the ground(for anybody that hasn't played in PureMotion shoes before give it a little time to get used to though, because PureMotion is about letting your feet be active, conventional shoes will have made some of your feet muscles dormant, so they need to wake up, and build up a little first).
So you have the majority of impact cracked in the mid-sole, and the sole being flexible(which means you can limited impact period by staying active), and the last bit will get scattered by the Poron(it's like compressor with the dense layer in between, you feel it hit, and shoot away, all very cool)

I'm really happy I figured this out, this way I can get some more Rose's when I run out of Supernatural Commanders
glasses.gif

(I'm probably also gonna pick up the adiZero SpeedWrap to see if they can add a little extra too)

smile.gif
 I can't stand it if I can't try something so I'll keep thinking up different configurations to make 'em playable, and especially since the basic frame was strong enough to hold me(otherwise I would've never been able to get it right) I knew there must be a way for me to play 'em.

I was already a big fan of the Rose, because they take the PureMotion to the truest next level(and I'm a PureMotion purist
pimp.gif
). So I'm very excited the Poron liner got me that little extra impact protection for my big frame(lol, I know I stole it from Robbie Fuller, since he mentioned he did it to help out the Commanders last season).

And I really like how this shoe's smooth beyond believe, as you said they fit like a 2nd skin, the collar is awesome, because it continuously guides your movement, and catches you at any red-zones, it's such a simple construction, but it has a huge impact.
The SprintFrame takes great care of business, it allows for really aggressive play, the Track Spike influence, where you can explode into plays without any delays from the shoes, and again it's so smooth, and flexible(without over-flex), you don't feel the shoe at any point.
The one thing I need to keep an eye on, is the fore-foot lateral mid-sole wall(I under-pronate so that's a spot, I hit particularly hard when playing), but so far it's holding up nicely(like the SuperCreators).

Cushioning with the added Poron liner, is great, it's very active, and responsive(I tend to feel around my shoe a lot, when trying 'em out to see what happens, and the mid-sole's dancing when you're moving around), it's just incredibly low to the ground(for anybody that hasn't played in PureMotion shoes before give it a little time to get used to though, because PureMotion is about letting your feet be active, conventional shoes will have made some of your feet muscles dormant, so they need to wake up, and build up a little first).
So you have the majority of impact cracked in the mid-sole, and the sole being flexible(which means you can limited impact period by staying active), and the last bit will get scattered by the Poron(it's like compressor with the dense layer in between, you feel it hit, and shoot away, all very cool)

I'm really happy I figured this out, this way I can get some more Rose's when I run out of Supernatural Commanders
glasses.gif

(I'm probably also gonna pick up the adiZero SpeedWrap to see if they can add a little extra too)

dang if i had knew that the adizero roses were that good sounding i would have bought them...

dang if i had knew that the adizero roses were that good sounding i would have bought them...

This shoe intrigues me. Im gonna get these when they're on sale. The masses are sleeping on these.

This shoe intrigues me. Im gonna get these when they're on sale. The masses are sleeping on these.

they're selling really well to all the adidas heads and rose fans... but here in oregon, they're sitting on shelves because the general public is blinded by the swoosh. I went to the employee store a couple of weeks ago in portland to swoop these up and they were sold out during release day. Fortunately they're still at the malls and I can grab them during the 50. excited to give them a run today

they're selling really well to all the adidas heads and rose fans... but here in oregon, they're sitting on shelves because the general public is blinded by the swoosh. I went to the employee store a couple of weeks ago in portland to swoop these up and they were sold out during release day. Fortunately they're still at the malls and I can grab them during the 50. excited to give them a run today

lol well of course they'll be hot cakes in chitown lol. but yeah i mean it's oregon, specifically beaverton/portland. home of the swoosh so yeah. i finally picked them up and did some shooting in them today, definitely going ot have to get used to the tech but i'm sure i'll love em once I break them in. took me forever to decide black or white though, but picked up the black for 50 so i'm not complaining

Back
Top Bottom