Adidas ADIZERO ROSE review

Did not know they were struggling so badly nation-wide. These hitting discounts anywhere? Like someone said earlier, I'm not putting down 3 bills for Adidas.

Did not know they were struggling so badly nation-wide. These hitting discounts anywhere? Like someone said earlier, I'm not putting down 3 bills for Adidas.

Originally Posted by secretzofwar

How do you know they're struggling to sell nation-wide?  Do you have numbers on that or are you getting that from this thread?

And 3 bills?  Are you going to buy 3 pairs?

The good thing about these is that when they do go on sale, they'll be $80 or so.  Higher priced shoes go on sale and still cost more than these do at full retail.

How do you know they're struggling to sell nation-wide?  Do you have numbers on that or are you getting that from this thread?

The good thing about these is that when they do go on sale, they'll be $80 or so.  Higher priced shoes go on sale and still cost more than these do at full retail.

Just got these for 20% off, and i'm looking forward to try them out....they're really light which i like, and they're low to the ground.

Any ideas if adidas plans on releasing a low version?

Just got these for 20% off, and i'm looking forward to try them out....they're really light which i like, and they're low to the ground.

Any ideas if adidas plans on releasing a low version?

I tried them on hoping I would buy them, but I honestly felt that my knees might hurt after playing in these because of how the cushioning felt. Can anyone refute this or add validity to it?? I would like to justify buying these for ball but don't want to use them only 5 times. Thanks.

I tried them on hoping I would buy them, but I honestly felt that my knees might hurt after playing in these because of how the cushioning felt. Can anyone refute this or add validity to it?? I would like to justify buying these for ball but don't want to use them only 5 times. Thanks.

I just played 3 full court pickup games with these on last night and here's what I thought

***For reference, im 5'10 160, shoe size 10.5, I play PG and love driving to the hoop...and i played on a clean hardwood court***

WHAT I LIKED:

Extremely lightweight - I've been hooping in Hyperfuses for the past 6 months or so, and these felt about as light as they did. Very impressed with the lightweight-ness of the shoe, especially for a mid.

Low to the ground - These are as low to the ground as advertised. Ideal for people who like me, like to make quick cuts, does a lot of change of pace and direction. I haven't balled in my Kobe Vs for a while but these reminded me of how low to the ground they were.

Durability - This shoe seems very durable. After 3 relatively high level pickup games, they held up really well....hardly any scuffs, creases, deformations on any part of the shoe.

WHAT I DIDNT LIKE:

Cushioning - there's hardly anything at all....for someone like me who's used to playing with at least forefoot zoom, these are quite a big change. These are my first pair of adidas shoes since the Gil Zero's, and let me just say that im quite disappointed with the cushioning....i think Adidas had low to the ground targeted when they made these shoes but you can be still below to the ground, and not sacrifice all of the cushioning in a shoe. For small guys like me, i guess you'd be able to manage. But I wouldn't recommend this if you are a bigger guy who's used to something like Air Max, or if you have knee problems.

Some slippage - I hate to do this, but like i said, i played on a clean hardwood court. One time i planted my left foot hard on a jumpstop, and I slightly rolled my ankle (which I am Icing at the moment)....nothing major though, I'm not even blaming the shoes for this one, but just something I thought worth mentioning.

ON THE FENCE:

The Ankle Collar - Man, that thing annoyed me all night! They were stiff to begin with, and they were still as stiff when we finished. I'm not used to it at all......maybe with time, i'll get used to it....but hey, maybe that thing saved me from rolling my ankle worse? I dunno, but all im gonna say is that it felt weird.

I just played 3 full court pickup games with these on last night and here's what I thought

***For reference, im 5'10 160, shoe size 10.5, I play PG and love driving to the hoop...and i played on a clean hardwood court***

WHAT I LIKED:

Extremely lightweight - I've been hooping in Hyperfuses for the past 6 months or so, and these felt about as light as they did. Very impressed with the lightweight-ness of the shoe, especially for a mid.

Low to the ground - These are as low to the ground as advertised. Ideal for people who like me, like to make quick cuts, does a lot of change of pace and direction. I haven't balled in my Kobe Vs for a while but these reminded me of how low to the ground they were.

Durability - This shoe seems very durable. After 3 relatively high level pickup games, they held up really well....hardly any scuffs, creases, deformations on any part of the shoe.

WHAT I DIDNT LIKE:

Cushioning - there's hardly anything at all....for someone like me who's used to playing with at least forefoot zoom, these are quite a big change. These are my first pair of adidas shoes since the Gil Zero's, and let me just say that im quite disappointed with the cushioning....i think Adidas had low to the ground targeted when they made these shoes but you can be still below to the ground, and not sacrifice all of the cushioning in a shoe. For small guys like me, i guess you'd be able to manage. But I wouldn't recommend this if you are a bigger guy who's used to something like Air Max, or if you have knee problems.

Some slippage - I hate to do this, but like i said, i played on a clean hardwood court. One time i planted my left foot hard on a jumpstop, and I slightly rolled my ankle (which I am Icing at the moment)....nothing major though, I'm not even blaming the shoes for this one, but just something I thought worth mentioning.

ON THE FENCE:

The Ankle Collar - Man, that thing annoyed me all night! They were stiff to begin with, and they were still as stiff when we finished. I'm not used to it at all......maybe with time, i'll get used to it....but hey, maybe that thing saved me from rolling my ankle worse? I dunno, but all im gonna say is that it felt weird.

i felt the same way when i started playing in mine, you just have to break them in and get used to the shoe itself. mine broke in real nice

i felt the same way when i started playing in mine, you just have to break them in and get used to the shoe itself. mine broke in real nice

Originally Posted by DeezyVSOP

Mostly this thread/industry friends. You'd be pretty surprised at how accurate of a gauge NT can be for shoes. 

Originally Posted by DeezyVSOP

Mostly this thread/industry friends. You'd be pretty surprised at how accurate of a gauge NT can be for shoes. 

^ You're right, I would be surprised.

I'm more of the mindset that NT can be accurate for some shoes in some areas at some times. I've gotten a lot of accurate reads on shoes from NT and SC. But I also see a lot of info. that is flat out wrong. It'd be interesting to see what percentage of actual information on shoes is accurate and what percentage is not.

^ You're right, I would be surprised.

I'm more of the mindset that NT can be accurate for some shoes in some areas at some times. I've gotten a lot of accurate reads on shoes from NT and SC. But I also see a lot of info. that is flat out wrong. It'd be interesting to see what percentage of actual information on shoes is accurate and what percentage is not.

The bigger NT has gotten, the more accurate it has become, for obvious reasons. A lot of what I see on NT now confirms what I hear from other, more professional sources.

The bigger NT has gotten, the more accurate it has become, for obvious reasons. A lot of what I see on NT now confirms what I hear from other, more professional sources.

I think for $30 more i rather invest in some Kobes or Zoom based shoes and not having to worry about my knee after a long game

I think for $30 more i rather invest in some Kobes or Zoom based shoes and not having to worry about my knee after a long game

^Cool, whatever works for you.

But don't forget, there are air based shoes that give people knee problems too. And the cushioning in a lot of non-Nike shoes is more than adequate for a lot of ballers, from the playground to the pros.

^Cool, whatever works for you.

But don't forget, there are air based shoes that give people knee problems too. And the cushioning in a lot of non-Nike shoes is more than adequate for a lot of ballers, from the playground to the pros.

Back
Top Bottom