ADIDAS BBall Boost Thread - BYW, Crazy Explosive & Crazy Light & OTHER BBALL ADJACENT SNEAKERS

Is the pair releasing for all star weekend the one with purple?

IMG_20180130_184216_954.jpg

All Star weekend

Well I was wondering why we're not seeing players wearing them and maybe it's not a marketing thing. Maybe they just don't perform very well.

Seems like guys can choose what they want to wear. You see Jaylen Brown switching between the CE Lows and Dame 4's. If the BYW X was a good performer, I feel like players would be eager to wear them.

Maybe you’re right. I just don’t get why they’d release them if they already know they have some bugs to work out before it’s a good performer. Why even push for the release now? Why not push for the playoffs? Or finals?

Seems as if the release is only at the all star event in LA according to sneakernews. Here’s the link:
https://sneakernews.com/2018/02/02/adidas-crazy-byw-release-date-info-aq0277-b41858/

JS”

CQ0991_08_hover_frv.jpg

I'm really liking these BYW, might scoop them up for the spring/summer ball season. however im kind of confused. Their are two versions one has the boost caged and the other doesn't. hmmm..... which is good and has anyone actually played ball in them how do they perform?

aslo is that laker colorway going to drop, as well as others $170 don't seem to bad.

haven't worn a pair Adidas in a long time (Gazelle) that's like back in high school.

Adidas releases especially b-ball so confusing. These are a bounce pass tho at retail especially $200. 2018 adidas taxin’ Year

CQ0991_08_hover_frv.jpg

I'm really liking these BYW, might scoop them up for the spring/summer ball season. however im kind of confused. Their are two versions one has the boost caged and the other doesn't. hmmm..... which is good and has anyone actually played ball in them how do they perform?

aslo is that laker colorway going to drop, as well as others $170 don't seem to bad.

haven't worn a pair Adidas in a long time (Gazelle) that's like back in high school.

Please, PLEASE take a moment to read the last few pages.

Please, PLEASE take a moment to read the last few pages.

I read through it from page 183 initially prior from posting and a few nt'ers were confused. I read through again and saw your limited info on the shoes. So I was confused till I realize the their are two different versions with different traction soles. by looking at the press release pictures.

Thanks for telling me to re-read something you could have easily clarified >D

Last edited:
CQ0991_08_hover_frv.jpg

BYW X = Performance Tested. Go out and have fun.
BYW = Looks like a hoop shoe. However, if you choose to play in them and snap your ankle you can't sue adidas.

99.9% of Adidas Originals (trefoil) branded product fall under that NOT PERFORMANCE TESTED category despite their aesthetic. The Harden LS that dropped last year also fell under this category.

Hope that helps.

BYW X = Performance Tested. Go out and have fun.
BYW = Looks like a hoop shoe. However, if you choose to play in them and snap your ankle you can't sue adidas.

99.9% of Adidas Originals (trefoil) branded product fall under that NOT PERFORMANCE TESTED category despite their aesthetic. The Harden LS that dropped last year also fell under this category.

Hope that helps.
Good looking out on the clarification. Now i know which one i need to get for playing basketball in and wait for. "The BYW X"
hope who ever reads this in the future isn't confused like i was.

The adidas Crazy BYW takes cues from the adidas 90’s basketball aesthetic and fuses it with Pharrell’s crazy color direction. For the upcoming 747 Warehouse event for All Star Weekend, Pharrell will be getting his own colorway of the adidas Crazy BYW that will feature a yellow primeknit upper alongside red stripes, green and a crazy black and boost outsole. Here’s look at the upcoming Pharrell Williams x adidas Crazy BYW below and let us know if you’ll be copping a pair

pharrell-crazy-byw-adidas.jpg

pharrell-adidas-byw-sneaker-01.jpg

Wish i was going to the LA all-star weekend, their will be special colorways to be raffled of at the Adidas 747 event. Not really feeling the pharrell joints to yellow for me. Need dark, gray mute colorways.

Last edited:
The hoop versions look like they’re gonna suck to hoop in :lol: I want to get em anyway , hope I’m wrong

The hoop versions look like they’re gonna suck to hoop in :lol: I want to get em anyway , hope I’m wrong

this guy gave a honest review imo about both versions.

i'm getting the hoop version, hopefully they drop the Lakers colorway or something ill than just all black. My money is ready when the Adidas releases them.

finally have something different than nike in my current rotation.

I was wondering if that's the reason Ingram stopped playing in them.

Blak Tray was talking about them and it didn't sound promising from a support and traction standpoint.

I was wondering if that's the reason Ingram stopped playing in them.

Blak Tray was talking about them and it didn't sound promising from a support and traction standpoint.

I saw both Ingram and John Wall wear them, they both had different shoes on after halftime.

Would be in for a low. Seems like the upper on these would be flimsy and provide a false sense of security.
... I always do lows tho...

Back
Top Bottom