ADIDAS BBall Boost Thread - BYW, Crazy Explosive & Crazy Light & OTHER BBALL ADJACENT SNEAKERS

adidas needs to remake the original kobe 1 with encapsulated boost in that midsole and forged primeknit as the upper....

adidas needs to remake the original kobe 1 with encapsulated boost in that midsole and forged primeknit as the upper....

Maybe next one they will add Boost
ADIDAS-CRAZYONE-ADV-SOCK-CQ0985-ONENESS_2000x.jpg

Since all of us are making modifications on our CLB16s, I wanted to do something I read in this thread like a year ago.

So there's a strobel board that's hard which I'm guessing is to protect the Boost from degrading fast, so I remember a member here doing a mod that took/cut out the strobel board and it surprisingly wasn't that hard to do. There's the circle cutout and around that area it isn't glued down at all so you can make precision cuts (I used an exact knife) from the middle and cut from the sides to rip it out.

I couldn't take out the entire strobel board since it was hard to reach in the forefoot area but I managed to take out a majority of it. Just walking around with the both shoes on (1 with the strobel board and 1 without) and it makes a noticeable difference. Now it's not EQT levels of Boost but it's like a lil notch below an UB which is absolutely a delight. Tbh I might as well now get that hole puncher and make the lockdown even better, not bad for a $30 pickup.
IMG_4496.JPG

IMG_4497.JPG

Weird, don't know why adidas wouldn't give him a sig line, might as well make him replace Rose in the $140 area and downgrade rose to the $100 level.

you did you read up on story on how Adidas just dropped mad money on rose contract, im sure adidas don't wanna fall for an okie doke again. maybe they can use him to promote the byw line.

John wall shouldn’t have his own shoe. His own teammstes calling him a ball hog, remember? :lol:

But maybe that’s why he wouldn’t sign w Nike. 0% chance getting one over there for him, prob no PE’s even.

John wall shouldn’t have his own shoe. His own teammstes calling him a ball hog, remember? :lol:

But maybe that’s why he wouldn’t sign w Nike. 0% chance getting one over there for him, prob no PE’s even.

Allegations of just a few. And he focused a lot on assisting the team but that’s another topic for another forum.

But in other news I believe the crazy explosive hit miAdidas

JS”

Since all of us are making modifications on our CLB16s, I wanted to do something I read in this thread like a year ago.

So there's a strobel board that's hard which I'm guessing is to protect the Boost from degrading fast, so I remember a member here doing a mod that took/cut out the strobel board and it surprisingly wasn't that hard to do. There's the circle cutout and around that area it isn't glued down at all so you can make precision cuts (I used an exact knife) from the middle and cut from the sides to rip it out.

I couldn't take out the entire strobel board since it was hard to reach in the forefoot area but I managed to take out a majority of it. Just walking around with the both shoes on (1 with the strobel board and 1 without) and it makes a noticeable difference. Now it's not EQT levels of Boost but it's like a lil notch below an UB which is absolutely a delight. Tbh I might as well now get that hole puncher and make the lockdown even better, not bad for a $30 pickup.
IMG_4496.JPG

IMG_4497.JPG
Does it feel any less stable on the court after cutting it out? Wondering if I should do this since mine are just gathering dust right now

Great idea, I might try it with CLBs. Been playing in the primeknit CE17 mids and feel the boost isn't as plush, especially in the forefoot.

Weird, don't know why adidas wouldn't give him a sig line, might as well make him replace Rose in the $140 area and downgrade rose to the $100 level.

Have you seen the details of Derrick Rose's deal? I'm sure that has a lot to do with it. Plus Wall hasn't been as durable as Lillard or Harden.

They also got burned by Gil and Howard's signatures.

They should keep it like it is and with Wall and Wiggins.

I was that user. I also couldn't reach the forefoot strobel board enought to rip it out, but if you slash it front to back, side to side that allows the strobel to compress the boost a bit more. Its not as soft as the exposed boost, but its still pretty good. Just be careful since visibility isn't great. Lately I did that to a Crazy Explosive low and that feels softer now as well.

Does it feel any less stable on the court after cutting it out? Wondering if I should do this since mine are just gathering dust right now
Not less stable no, but I haven't played a game yet in em (shot around today since the court was empty when I came in), it honestly feels like the perfect amount to play in. Always wanted to experiment with taking the strobel board out of Boost ball shoes but never had the balls to do so lol.
Great idea, I might try it with CLBs. Been playing in the primeknit CE17 mids and feel the boost isn't as plush, especially in the forefoot.
yeah the CE17s are a bit more firm which was disappointing tbh. Gonna try and play a game on Saturday or tomorrow in the morning and see how they feel ingame.
I was that user. I also couldn't reach the forefoot strobel board enought to rip it out, but if you slash it front to back, side to side that allows the strobel to compress the boost a bit more. Its not as soft as the exposed boost, but its still pretty good. Just be careful since visibility isn't great. Lately I did that to a Crazy Explosive low and that feels softer now as well.
thanks for the inspiration for doing that, thanks for the tip. It was surprisingly easy to rip or cut through the strobel board, so hard when you can't reach the toe box portion though. did you really do it to your CEs also? How would you compare them with the CLB with them cut out.

^The CLB is thicker, particularly in the heel, so the modified boost feels better on that. I actually did it to the Rose 6 as well, and that one feels the best. I think its the boostiest boost basketball shoe. I play in that more than the others these days.

^The CLB is thicker, particularly in the heel, so the modified boost feels better on that. I actually did it to the Rose 6 as well, and that one feels the best. I think its the boostiest boost basketball shoe. I play in that more than the others these days.
Damn Rose 6, sounds insane on those lol, do you expose the Boost on all of your ball shoes?

Was Wall's sig line selling tho? that may be a reason why he aint getting a sig this time around...I swear I seen his last 2 sigs on heavy doscount

Back
Top Bottom