ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I was around during the beginning of the UB release and have collected since. I do not think the 2.0 is trash nor do I think the 1.0 is any better. Personally I dig the 2.0, just as much as the 1.0 and 3.0. This shoe is "new" and in its growing phases. The evolution is awesome to watch and those who collect sneakers don't pass up on 2.0 because some day they will have thier value and place. Now if you're just aboard for the hype, then that's cool, be selective. Buy what you like. But if you want to collect UB you'll be pissed one day that you have a gap in your collection and wish you bought those 2.0 Ltds. Your facts are other's fiction, don't speak as if you're the final word of UB's

I was around during the beginning of the UB release and have collected since. I do not think the 2.0 is trash nor do I think the 1.0 is any better. Personally I dig the 2.0, just as much as the 1.0 and 3.0. This shoe is "new" and in its growing phases. The evolution is awesome to watch and those who collect sneakers don't pass up on 2.0 because some day they will have thier value and place. Now if you're just aboard for the hype, then that's cool, be selective. Buy what you like. But if you want to collect UB you'll be pissed one day that you have a gap in your collection and wish you bought those 2.0 Ltds. Your facts are other's fiction, don't speak as if you're the final word of UB's
Appreciate what you're saying but isn't being selective and buying what you like the opposite of being "aboard for the hype"?

Appreciate what you're saying but isn't being selective and buying what you like the opposite of being "aboard for the hype"?
Possibly because the people that originally passed on the 1.0's like them because they're harder to find now and fetch a higher resale price? 

curious in what everyone's decision would be if you can either have 1.0 or 2.0. Only 1 style can exist and no colorways can be transferred. If you picked 2.0, not a single pair or colorway of 1.0 were ever made, same thing vice versa. What would you choose to be the ONLY style of UB's

in some ways, yes, you're correct. but You and I know damn well a lot of this hate is hype driven and unfounded. If you feel that need to come in this thread to bash the 2.0 over and over, then you must be looking for people to validate you. Who effing cares what you hate? I sure as hell don't

Possibly because the people that originally passed on the 1.0's like them because they're harder to find now and fetch a higher resale price? 
Thats what I always thought, same as the yeezy TD's, some of the nmds, Jordan 1 gold/black & gym reds. People put those on pedestals and call them "grails" because they hold value and are hard to come by. But usually when somebody does spend the money to get them, they're underwhelmed and resell them. If you actually wear the shoes and don't treat them as collectables, the difference for some of the 1.0 vs. 2.0 versions isn't that big of a deal

Ok let's settle down man. "Factually?" Popular opinion doesn't make it fact. They're some people that like the 2.0 look on certain colorways more than the 1.0
Well said man. There is nothing more annoying than people inserting their opinion and disguising it as a fact assuming everyone feels the exact same way when in reality they do not.

1.0 vs 2.0 discussions will never end. soon, the discussion will evolve into 1.0 vs 2.0 vs 3.0.

They're sitting because they're impossible to find on the site. I love the onyx. Thanks for posting the link!

Strange RRS is listing all three colors as "Wool" in both the names and in the product description. Says "wool upper"
laugh.gif

Last edited:
RRS makes mistakes all the time, they also fulfill 30% of all orders lol.

If these are a preorder on RRS, expect to receive your pair when Olives 5.0's come out

curious in what everyone's decision would be if you can either have 1.0 or 2.0. Only 1 style can exist and no colorways can be transferred. If you picked 2.0, not a single pair or colorway of 1.0 were ever made, same thing vice versa. What would you choose to be the ONLY style of UB's
Very good question.

2.0 just for Gold Medals. Leather cage + metallic back + Conti soles = all I need

Adidas came with their arguably best looking and best performing shoe in 40 years with the original UB. But you all are letting them milk it for three years now by buying the same colorways in 2.0 and 3.0 versions. I initially gave the 2.0 a pass since it was marketed as a performance and fit improvement. I still wouldn't wear it (cuz it sucks) but I could respect it as a good performance shoe. The problem is that isn't how they sell the shoe. The original UB was made in mass numbers and was sold at running stores. Now they are dropping everything in relatively limited quantities and marketing them towards Consortium accounts. You should be able to go to RRS and see a full size run of multiple colorways at any time. But that isn't how they are selling them now. And don't give me that boost is limited bull either. They pump out 14 new nomads every week. The 3.0 isn't even trying to pass itself off as a performance upgrade. adidas is strictly cashing in on the hype and you all are buying it.

You can say people that only like the 1.0 are only into the hype but really without the hype of the 1.0 there would be no 2.0. Same with the 350 V2 and all these nomad offshoots. The fact is that the initial releases were sought after from the jump because they were good shoes and now the releases are just trying to cash in on those designs and hype. It's the same reason most retro+ Jordan colorways aren't as sought after as the OG colorways. They just aren't right. If you like the 2.0, buy them; wear them. If you were around for the 1.0 and like the 2.0s that's cool too. But if you were just late on UBs and you weren't here for the 1.0 either pay resale or accept that you missed out on a great thing. Maybe try and be on time for the next great thing. 3.0 UBs are not it.

Back
Top Bottom