ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

It's not a 'steal' tho because the current resell value is below $1.
Interesting way to view it. So because the market value is below $1, and you're basically paying $1 (over paying), you're fine with it because the retail value of the DVD from 10+ years ago or wahtever was $20?

Do you think the same way about used car values? If you got a used 10 year old car for $5k off original MSRP of $15K, but todays market value is actually only $7K, do you consider that a steal?

Just wondering because I really don't get how viewing things at their original retail value vs todays actual market value

Interesting way to view it. So because the market value is below $1, and you're basically paying $1 (over paying), you're fine with it because the retail value of the DVD from 10+ years ago or wahtever was $20?

Do you think the same way about used car values? If you got a used 10 year old car for $5k off original MSRP of $15K, but todays market value is actually only $7K, do you consider that a steal?

Just wondering because I really don't get how viewing things at their original retail value vs todays actual market value
There's a fallacy with your analogy since you are comparing DS shoes that released less than 4 months ago vs something that used and is 10 years old.

Cars and shoes don't have the same depreciation value unless you wanna compare used shoes and used cars.

In the sense of shoe terms, someone who is #teamretail is still not going to buy a shoe that is $200 below resell market value if the shoe is being sold for more than MSRP.

We are going off tangent here and my main point is a 'steal' to me is getting something below the MSRP. Now this won't apply to collectibles in my opinion and I don't think Kiths and/or any recent UBs qualify as a collectible unless that dude's intention is to display them and not rock them.

That's reaching too far man. They look like every other flyknit model. What UB inspiration are you talking about? 
He was being "sarcastic". Typical @tankdayglo
roll.gif

There's a fallacy with your analogy since you are comparing DS shoes that released less than 4 months ago vs something that used and is 10 years old.

Cars and shoes don't have the same depreciation value unless you wanna compare used shoes and used cars.

In the sense of shoe terms, someone who is #teamretail is still not going to buy a shoe that is $200 below resell market value if the shoe is being sold for more than MSRP.

We are going off tangent here and my main point is a 'steal' to me is getting something below the MSRP. Now this won't apply to collectibles in my opinion and I don't think Kiths and/or any recent UBs qualify as a collectible unless that dude's intention is to display them and not rock them.
Fair enough on the DS point. And yeah I understand the Team Retail view and a steal is subjective/relative to whatever you value the item at, not what everyone in the market values it

Fair enough on the DS point. And yeah I understand the Team Retail view and a steal is subjective/relative to whatever you value the item at, not what everyone in the market values it
This is why the resell market for shoes is convoluted and it really only matters to the individual that determines how much one wants to pay resell for a shoe.

If you look at stockX there are some shoes that don't really have a trend of how much is the true resell value of a shoe. Kiths sell from $450 - $600+(across different resell platforms) and that is for the same size shoe. That's a big difference if you ask me.

One can follow the mode of resell prices for a shoe or one can just say F it I got money to blow and pay hundreds over that.  That is why to me I don't really follow the resell market value for shoes and consider all my resell purchases in relation to its MSRP.

How has no one shut dude down for copyright yet?
He got hit with a C&D from Nike for the first round cause he was selling a lot of them. Since then he's always kinda covered up the logo a bit in order to skirt around it. Although he did just also put out a hoodie w/ the swoosh all along the arm so I dunno haha

Finding Sandlot in the $1 DVD bin is considered a 'steal' to me.

I did say 450 is a great price under resell market value but the still way above the retail value.

You are seeing it in the resell value sense, I am looking at it in the retail value sense. So yes, it is all relative.

What are you laughing at Yeah Yeah you run like a duck.

Code:
damn, I'm not sure if I should choose quality or quantity .. SNS 1.0 on one side, 3 pairs of ultra boost to retail on the other side
(MC Uncaged, MC caged and OREO UB) 

How about if you do not post with blacked out letters on a black background? Might help for those who actually care to give an opinion if you're asking a question. Just saying.

We've had better days in this thread lol 

Word.

Back
Top Bottom