ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Anybody know where I could find these iniki’s in a sz 12 if you could DM me please. I would most greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

3AD1876F-BCB1-415A-B2C0-1AB7ED789BA4.jpeg

Alot of people saying adidas hasnt put anything out and jordan is killing it. But i think a lot of people were caught up in the hype storm. I came in here numerous times,months back, while people were yearning for ugly boost sneakers. Now all all of a sudden people claiming its “dead” and many people talking about being more selective since the curse was lifted lol. People were just buying up boosts and others were sitting back. Boost has gone down for me since the 1.0 based on the aesthetics alone. It was a beautiful shoe. I think the hype after the 1.0 was just the waves after the earthquake. Now i see folks disenchanted all of a sudden. Adidas knows it too. Boost is not dead for the true fans; once they give us what we want its game over. Thats why they had the undftd with the updated 1.0 pattern

To be fair, I don't have brand affiliation either, but it's just kinda unreal to see. Most of my recent purchases are either yeezy 500/700 and Jordans. Adidas hasn't really put anything out that caught my attention. Even the Undefeated UB was kinda meh. I tried going for it, caught the white on Undefeated, but got cancelled. It's essentially just a plain white 4.0 with some branding. Just thinking about 2018, these are some of the things I can remember for Adidas off the top of my head: alphabounce 4d (meh), dame 4 x bape collab, pharrell hu holi pack, and yeezy 500/700. I'd really like to see a wider release of the 4d futurecraft doesn't matter about the cw, anything will be better than the alphabouce. Oh yea and just now remembered about the y3-4d, but that was stupid limited
seems to me by the shoes you mentioned and didn't mention, you like hyped shoes which is probably why you don't have an affinity to any brand. Folks like you just move onto to the next so it shouldn't be that 'unreal' to see resell value on boost going down.

Alot of people saying adidas hasnt put anything out and jordan is killing it. But i think a lot of people were caught up in the hype storm. I came in here numerous times,months back, while people were yearning for ugly boost sneakers. Now all all of a sudden people claiming its “dead” and many people talking about being more selective since the curse was lifted lol. People were just buying up boosts and others were sitting back. Boost has gone down for me since the 1.0 based on the aesthetics alone. It was a beautiful shoe. I think the hype after the 1.0 was just the waves after the earthquake. Now i see folks disenchanted all of a sudden. Adidas knows it too. Boost is not dead for the true fans; once they give us what we want its game over. Thats why they had the undftd with the updated 1.0 pattern
hype actually picked up a lot during the 2.0s and a lot were playing catch up. I believe things started dying mid 3.0s when the quality of what they were giving us went down along with the dilution of UBs in the market.

Boost is dying even for the true fans because they don't need 4 versions of core blacks or triple whites and 4-5 pairs of triple blacks.

Imo Ultra boost mids are as good as 1.0's and I like that they aren't a GR release like every other boost sneaker

seems to me by the shoes you mentioned and didn't mention, you like hyped shoes which is probably why you don't have an affinity to any brand. Folks like you just move onto to the next so it shouldn't be that 'unreal' to see resell value on boost going down.

hype actually picked up a lot during the 2.0s and a lot were playing catch up. I believe things started dying mid 3.0s when the quality of what they were giving us went down along with the dilution of UBs in the market.

Boost is dying even for the true fans because they don't need 4 versions of core blacks or triple whites and 4-5 pairs of triple blacks.
I mean you're right about the hyped shoes part, but that says something about where Adidas is currently headed. I thought the consortium collab was a great way to get shops working together on a silhouette together. Of course, only the main models were hyped, but even stuff like the eqt adv were looking really good. Adidas should keep it going, but looks like that's not where they wanna head

I reached a point of over saturation after I had probly 50+ boost shoes in the collection, so lately I've just been a lot more selective. But also, adidas really hasn't been putting out much that's too remarkable, regardless of hype. The best "new" shoe they've put out recently is the Alphabounce Beyond which is surprisingly nice on foot, I plan on grabbing them on heavy disco eventually to use as beaters.

I mean you're right about the hyped shoes part, but that says something about where Adidas is currently headed. I thought the consortium collab was a great way to get shops working together on a silhouette together. Of course, only the main models were hyped, but even stuff like the eqt adv were looking really good. Adidas should keep it going, but looks like that's not where they wanna head
EQT adv is not what the hype folks want. They want supreme / off white / bape collabs with Adidas.

I believe Adidas is trying to stay with the hype but they just whiffing badly. If the Drake deal goes through they might have a shot.

It's just that Nike is making the correct moves and had some good hits with Jordan re-issues and AM. And now that Nike is making shoes with more comfort/quality, retired Jordan/Nike flyknit heads going back to old pastures.

I don't agree that people only want high profile collabs at all. Those do well for sure, but UB & NMD both got a ton of hype early on that wasn't pushed by collabs at all. It was good design/product and OK marketing, as well as some good timing sprinkled in. The EQT 93/17 started off really strong too, adidas just mishandled it in terms of making it a hyped silo. Which might not have even been their intent with that shoe to begin with.

If adidas had rolled out 4D properly there'd be plenty of hype on those without any collab co-sign. They just aren't releasing anything remarkable right now.

At this point, collabs are where it's at. But has to be the high profile. Bape Dame 4s flew off shelves and GR Dames are still heavily sitting (it's a great shoe to ball in).

AMM, Solebox and Capsule releases didn't generate much buzz and were one of the first to have gone to discount . that would've been unheard of a couple years back.

Plus with the 4D MSRP, I believe they'll fly for the first iteration then sit for sure on the next once folks find out it ain't as comfy as boost.

At this point, collabs are where it's at. But has to be the high profile. Bape Dame 4s flew off shelves and GR Dames are still heavily sitting (it's a great shoe to ball in).

AMM, Solebox and Capsule releases didn't generate much buzz and were one of the first to have gone to discount . that would've been unheard of a couple years back.

Plus with the 4D MSRP, I believe they'll fly for the first iteration then sit for sure on the next once folks find out it ain't as comfy as boost.
I think the some of the collabs are the ugliest ones. I hate the wood woods, latest sns, reigning champs

This isn't because of the collaborators tho, it's because of the way adidas has handled the releases. Which is to say piss poorly.

First iteration of 4D already flew and people still want it even though they know it doesn't compete with boost comfort wise. Durability/longevity wise reports are that it's superior to boost and doesn't turf out as quickly. Regardless, they could have rolled it out so much better.

I just patently disagree with you about it being impossible for them to generate hype for anything that isn't a high profile collab. They just need better marketing & communication, and dope product. Hopefully they've been taking notes on what Nike is doing right now and in a few months we'll see some results.

This isn't because of the collaborators tho, it's because of the way adidas has handled the releases. Which is to say piss poorly.

First iteration of 4D already flew and people still want it even though they know it doesn't compete with boost comfort wise. Durability/longevity wise reports are that it's superior to boost and doesn't turf out as quickly. Regardless, they could have rolled it out so much better.

I just patently disagree with you about it being impossible for them to generate hype for anything that isn't a high profile collab. They just need better marketing & communication, and dope product. Hopefully they've been taking notes on what Nike is doing right now and in a few months we'll see some results.

What Adidas do REALLY poorly compared to Nike is telling the story behind some of their special releases. Nike always have a great marketing of their shoes and the idea behind a special release/collab. Adidas just slaps on the collab/special release with No story behind why the shoe was made/why it looks like it does. The Holi Pharrell HU’s is a great example. At least go deep and explain how he got the idea and don’t force people to use Google translate just to know what the writing on the shoe means. Adidas could really need some new people at their marketing team for sure. These background storys etc just make a shoe that much more interesting and it can automatically generate more hype. They don’t even care to explain the differences in new models like the UB 2/3-4.0, the newer NMDs etc. At least explain the changes and why you did them or people just won’t care.

Yeah adidas is horrible at "telling the story" compared to Nike.

Nike has always had pretty great marketing though.

Just got back from ballin. Dames/bounce tech gets better when you break them in.

Very simple, i think that Adidas started to make more pairs to increase revenue. They just made TOO many pairs/models and saturated demand. It started 5/17 with that R2 release.

What Adidas do REALLY poorly compared to Nike is telling the story behind some of their special releases. Nike always have a great marketing of their shoes and the idea behind a special release/collab. Adidas just slaps on the collab/special release with No story behind why the shoe was made/why it looks like it does. The Holi Pharrell HU’s is a great example. At least go deep and explain how he got the idea and don’t force people to use Google translate just to know what the writing on the shoe means. Adidas could really need some new people at their marketing team for sure. These background storys etc just make a shoe that much more interesting and it can automatically generate more hype. They don’t even care to explain the differences in new models like the UB 2/3-4.0, the newer NMDs etc. At least explain the changes and why you did them or people just won’t care.

The oreo 4.0s is based off a cookie and a glass of milk tho....:rofl:

Adidas has been trying to have stories behind their boost shoes though like the BYW based off the Crazy 8s.

Even the NMDs they had a story how they Frankensteined classic silhouettes to create the NMD.

Just the story doesn't bring nostalgia to the majority of public. Adidas don't really got the catalog of classics like Nike to tell a story but I agree they don't do a great job of giving a personal touch to each CW.

Back
Top Bottom