ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And Olive 2.0 looks way nicer in pics. Everytime i see a pic, i'm like damn, nice. But i remember i've seen them in person and how my opinion changed instantly while at champs.

This is why i'm cautiously optimistic about the 3.0's. Pic dont always tell the story. So far, so good though.

of course. But because of person opinion, it doesnt take away the fact that I feel its weird. Thats also a personal opinion.

Its like dudes who like skinny butts. Weird to me but fine.
I actually agree with the core blacks 1.0 > 2.0, because the 1.0's have 1 single shade of black whereas the 2.0s are actually black + grey. 

But I disagree on the white 1.0's > 2.0.  That is a personal opinion and goes against the grain of what many here believe, but for me: 

grey stripe > yellow threading

white sole > black sole

overall color, the white of the 2.0 seemed to me (when I saw the 2.0s in store, while wearing my 1.0s) to be more "pure white" than the 1.0's

But whatever floats your boat.  We're arguing over something that 99.9% of people don't even realize.  Buy/Wear what you like. 

Oh shoot, I didn't realize the 3.0s weren't cool cause they're just a revamped version of an existing shoe. Damn. Guess I don't like them anymore.

Adidas came with their arguably best looking and best performing shoe in 40 years with the original UB. But you all are letting them milk it for three years now by buying the same colorways in 2.0 and 3.0 versions. I initially gave the 2.0 a pass since it was marketed as a performance and fit improvement. I still wouldn't wear it (cuz it sucks) but I could respect it as a good performance shoe. The problem is that isn't how they sell the shoe. The original UB was made in mass numbers and was sold at running stores. Now they are dropping everything in relatively limited quantities and marketing them towards Consortium accounts. You should be able to go to RRS and see a full size run of multiple colorways at any time. But that isn't how they are selling them now. And don't give me that boost is limited bull either. They pump out 14 new nomads every week. The 3.0 isn't even trying to pass itself off as a performance upgrade. adidas is strictly cashing in on the hype and you all are buying it.

You can say people that only like the 1.0 are only into the hype but really without the hype of the 1.0 there would be no 2.0. Same with the 350 V2 and all these nomad offshoots. The fact is that the initial releases were sought after from the jump because they were good shoes and now the releases are just trying to cash in on those designs and hype. It's the same reason most retro+ Jordan colorways aren't as sought after as the OG colorways. They just aren't right. If you like the 2.0, buy them; wear them. If you were around for the 1.0 and like the 2.0s that's cool too. But if you were just late on UBs and you weren't here for the 1.0 either pay resale or accept that you missed out on a great thing. Maybe try and be on time for the next great thing. 3.0 UBs are not it.
By your logic, one could argue that nobody would care about UB 1.0 if it wasn't for Pure Boost. This thread wouldn't even exist without PBs, so those should be the true OGs. This is obviously not the case though, but it shows how your argument is flawed.

It's idiotic to say adidas should just move on from the UB. It's one of their best selling, most celebrated products and there's still plenty of opportunities to do cool things with the design of the shoe.

Saying they should get rid of the UB is like saying BMW should stop making the M3.

yeah bro. just like how jordan 2s are better than 1s or 3s.   jk jk jk.  jordan 2 wack tho 

You're missing the point. The Jordan 2 is a different model, not a rehashed 1 made in the same colorways. The 2.0 UB is comparable to the Jordan 1 phat. I would welcome a true UB 2.

It's idiotic to say adidas should just move on from the UB. It's one of their best selling, most celebrated products and there's still plenty of opportunities to do cool things with the design of the shoe.

Saying they should get rid of the UB is like saying BMW should stop making the M3.
Ding! Ding! Ding! Also, reports are that Adidas is trying to improve the knit upper with the 3.0s and we know that the 2.0s sought to improve the outsole, so the argument that Adidas is just remaking the same shoe over and over again just isn't that accurate.

You're missing the point. The Jordan 2 is a different model, not a rehashed 1 made in the same colorways. The 2.0 UB is comparable to the Jordan 1 phat. I would welcome a true UB 2.
Adidas makes other shoes with Boost tech. You do know that, right?

You don't like the new UB releases, some of us do. Chalk it up to differing tastes and keep it movin

By your logic, one could argue that nobody would care about UB 1.0 if it wasn't for Pure Boost. This thread wouldn't even exist without PBs, so those should be the true OGs. This is obviously not the case though, but it shows how your argument is flawed.

I didn't know UBs and PBs shared the same midsole, outsole, cage, heel cup, and shape. I was under the impression that they were completely different models.

oh i see what you did. 

adidas tweakrf the knit material and pattern on the 2.0.....so i guess can i compare jordan 1s to the 1.5s.  what about maybe these below.  point is....they missed on the 2.0.  full disclosure:  i own the "triple white" 2.0 and i wear them at home.  don't have the balls to wear them outside. boom. 

jordan-1-flight-4-space-jam.jpg

I actually agree with the core blacks 1.0 > 2.0, because the 1.0's have 1 single shade of black whereas the 2.0s are actually black + grey. 

But I disagree on the white 1.0's > 2.0.  That is a personal opinion and goes against the grain of what many here believe, but for me: 

grey stripe > yellow threading
white sole > black sole
overall color, the white of the 2.0 seemed to me (when I saw the 2.0s in store, while wearing my 1.0s) to be more "pure white" than the 1.0's

But whatever floats your boat.  We're arguing over something that 99.9% of people don't even realize.  Buy/Wear what you like. 

I won't argue about the whites. I hate all white shoes (and i do own two pairs of the white 1.0).

Ding! Ding! Ding! Also, reports are that Adidas is trying to improve the knit upper with the 3.0s and we know that the 2.0s sought to improve the outsole, so the argument that Adidas is just remaking the same shoe over and over again just isn't that accurate.
actually the 2.0 was the improve on the upper knit. Improved outsole started with 1.0's

Back
Top Bottom