Adidas Bounce v. Nike Shox?

i hate shox with a passion. they kill my knees. everytime i play in them i feel disabled for the next few days. i feel no give even when i land from jumps.they are very stable, but if you do happen to turn your ankle, the super high heel will certainly make it more severe than it should have been.

the bounce shoes on the other hand, feel really nice and responsive and actually feel as though they are functioning. i like the fact that the heel is cut outso that the heel bone isnt absorbing all the shock and returning it up into your legs. the only thing that i find to be a downer is that there is a significantdrop off in cushioning from the heel to the forefoot. the heel feels excellent but the forefoot just feels hard and cheap. the full-length bounce on basketballshoes would definitely be scooped up.

adidas definitely has the right idea. the heel is lower to the ground, its softer but doesnt break (like running shox if you play in them), and the heel bonedoesnt take direct impact making them much more user friendly all the way around. if only adidas could get a halfway decent low profile, responsive cushioningunit to rival zoom. adiprene and adiprene+ are hot garbage and the sole reasons i dont ball in adidas full time. really the only thing shox have going for themis forefoot zoom.

Originally Posted by mt3130

if only adidas could get a halfway decent low profile, responsive cushioning unit to rival zoom. adiprene and adiprene+ are hot garbage and the sole reasons i dont ball in adidas full time.

Formotion

running shoes spectrum full length are good........ im not a fan of shox at all.... yea if adidas had a ZOOM type unit then adidas would be
pimp.gif

formotion is great, but they still put adiprene on top of it....that kinda makes me wonder if its actually a cushioning system or if its to add to thestability of the shoe.

formotion isnt for cushioning. its for stablilty. u can view its purpose on youtube.

i also have the Tmacs that have the 5 formotion pods and as far as im concerned they dont do anything that u can feel. i think it functions similar to anoutrigger or a flex groove, so when you turn your foot you can keep some shoe surface area on the court. my TMACS have NO cushioning. i dont even think theyhave adiprene or adiprene +. it doesnt say it anywhere on the shoe and i havent seen it anywhere online.

and as for bounce, i dont even think the springs do anything at all. cuz i had the garnetts with full lenght a3, which is bounce without the sockliner, andthey feel like im runnin over legos. even though in the forefoot there is also adiprene in the forefoot. i felt that they'd feel much better if they had areally cushy sockliner

they musta heard me cuz a year or so later here comes Bounce.

i tried on a bounce shoe, it was a running shoe and they felt so good. i attriubted it to the insole with was very thick. i was thinking that they made theinsole outta adiprene or something. i dont know what the bounce insoles are made of.

^Ariva los GUTIERREZ^ Yo tambien soy! Primo!.... lol! Anyways i prefer the nike shox, becuase there one of the most comfiest shoes that you'll ever buy!

Originally Posted by GUILLERMO GUTIEREZ

formotion isnt for cushioning. its for stablilty. u can view its purpose on youtube.

i also have the Tmacs that have the 5 formotion pods and as far as im concerned they dont do anything that u can feel. i think it functions similar to an outrigger or a flex groove, so when you turn your foot you can keep some shoe surface area on the court. my TMACS have NO cushioning. i dont even think they have adiprene or adiprene +. it doesnt say it anywhere on the shoe and i havent seen it anywhere online.

and as for bounce, i dont even think the springs do anything at all. cuz i had the garnetts with full lenght a3, which is bounce without the sockliner, and they feel like im runnin over legos. even though in the forefoot there is also adiprene in the forefoot. i felt that they'd feel much better if they had a really cushy sockliner

they musta heard me cuz a year or so later here comes Bounce.

i tried on a bounce shoe, it was a running shoe and they felt so good. i attriubted it to the insole with was very thick. i was thinking that they made the insole outta adiprene or something. i dont know what the bounce insoles are made of.
I'm w/ this guy, Adidas has no cushioning at all..Adiprene=nicotine patch, Formotion=shiny plastic, bounce=hard rubber shaped like (=). If youthink those things are doing anything you have a vivid imagination. I stopped using shox a long time ago, I think you have to weigh a ton to get anythingresembling response out of shox, I'm too light for my size to get anything other that stability.

If you're just looking to wear the shoes casualy put whatever you like on and try them yourself. Everyone has different feet so the only way you can besure is to walk around in em. However, if you're looking to actually do competitive running then neither of them is good. Just look at any team, no onewears shox or bounce (obviously the shoes outside of track spikes) for races. You just can't get the same cushioning and response as an air or gel shoe.

Originally Posted by GUILLERMO GUTIEREZ

I don't know about that. From Adidas' website "ForMotion footwear adjusts to the ground to bring your foot in for a smoother, more naturaltouchdown." Whatever it is, it is great in the TS Creators.

Back
Top Bottom